Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Matter [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I still want to know what they stole

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I still want to know what they stole
    A box of 100% pure McGuffin? :)
    I didn't think this episode was amazing or anything, but it was certainly watchable. We got another hint about 2's zombie injury, and there was some decent action sequences. Somebody needs better locks on their weapons cupboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

don ramo wrote: »
    human android hybrid

The kid kept distinguishing between robots and androids in this episode. Could be really unsubtle foreshadowing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

good episode. double episode next week for the finale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I reckon that was he best episode yet. Good tension, great fight sequences, some nice effects work. The girls of the Raza can really kick ass. I really hope this gets renewed for a second season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep best episode yet, definitely. Can't wait to see what they do with the finale.

I just copped what the name of the ship refers to: Tabula Rasa, a clean slate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

so now 2,3,4 are badasses at fighting and 5 is a genius. I fell bad for 1- he's just good at getting tortured. I liked that the android told 2 that if she was she would be killed instantly given what she is- I thought that was pretty much the case for all of them anyway given the crimes they've committed (apart from 1 and 5). Anyway good cliff hanger for the finale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

so now 2,3,4 are badasses at fighting and 5 is a genius. I fell bad for 1- he's just good at getting tortured. I liked that the android told 2 that if she was she would be killed instantly given what she is- I thought that was pretty much the case for all of them anyway given the crimes they've committed (apart from 1 and 5). Anyway good cliff hanger for the finale.
    Well 1 is a billionaire with a huge complex of companies by the looks of it. We also have a disowned Emperor who should reclaim the throne, a human clone that should not exist, a hacker who's galaxy wide top tier, a ex revolutionary with a big chip in his shoulders. Honestly I'd say three is the least developed of in terms of real story at this stage as we honestly don't really know a whole lot beyond his short fling arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just watched the first 11 episodes over the past few days. I thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of it and am looking forward to the finale. I also really hope it gets renewed for a second season, because it's a show I want to see more of.

Three is my favourite character, but Android comes a close second. Two and Four seem to have the best overall arcs and I like the badassery of both those characters, and I like the relationship between Five and Six and how he's always looking out for her like a father figure. I've warmed to One as the episodes have gone on, but he's definitely the dullest of the bunch (he is to Dark Matter as Jack Sheppard was to Lost, you understand why he has to be there, but you also care so much more about every other character and wish he'd fade further into the background)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Great episode,

here is hoping for season 2.

If this gets cancelled, i will have lost any bit of respect for the sy-fi channel I have left.

Great episode,

here is hoping for season 2.

If this gets cancelled, i will have lost any bit of respect for the sy-fi channel I have left.
    IMHO both this and Killjoys were strong enough shows (regardless of ratings) for SyFy to renew. That being said SyFy seems to have zero rhyme or reason for what shows they keep!

I'd have to go for Dark Matter over Killjoys if they're only picking one to go with next season. Apart from the astrozombies episode I thought it had better individual episode stories, though the background arcs of the two shows aren't that far off each other in quality.
    And more importantly, 2 is waaay hotter than Dutch. :)

Will Wheaton is in the season finale

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I'd have to go for Dark Matter over Killjoys if they're only picking one to go with next season. Apart from the astrozombies episode I thought it had better individual episode stories, though the background arcs of the two shows aren't that far off each other in quality.
    I'd go with Killjoys simply because their universe is a heck of a lot more interesting with an persona arc that's really taken off; too much "generic persona arc" going on in Dark Matter by comparison (secret billionaire, failed revolutionary, disgraced samurai who's out to reclaim his honor, heavy weapons guy who's really a good guy inside etc.).

There's room for both (and 2 is not hotter than Dutch! :eek: )

Nody wrote: »
    I'd go with Killjoys simply because their universe is a heck of a lot more interesting with an persona arc that's really taken off; too much "generic persona arc" going on in Dark Matter by comparison (secret billionaire, failed revolutionary, disgraced samurai who's out to reclaim his honor, heavy weapons guy who's really a good guy inside etc.).
    I don't see how any of those are worse than "trained assassin but doesn't know it" as a bog standard character!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, so against my better judgement we jumped back into this show, which happened to be the space-zombies one (but heaven forbid anyone on the show use the 'z' word of course).

It was more down to the poverty of TV options around this time of year that it got a second chance, but holy sheeet it was bad, and not just because of the space-cannibals-infected-with-a-plague-that's-spread-by-saliva-or-blood-but-they're-TOTALLY-not-zombies-ok. Tossing around subplots of blackmail, then openly ignoring obvious instances to play with that story just felt knuckle-headed (such as when
    One saved Three from being sucked into space, as opposed to even contemplating letting him die along with Three's knowledge
    ).

I'm up to episode 6 and avoiding reading this thread until I'm fully caught up, but what I've seen so far is pretty enjoyable. Sure, it's pretty much the Canadian Firefly, without the chemistry that that show had, but it is pretty fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Stopped watching for a while after the space zombie episode, but I'm really glad I came back. This has become one of my favourite shows now, will be very disappointed if it doesn't get a second season.

• Advertisement

Stopped watching for a while after the space zombie episode, but I'm really glad I came back. This has become one of my favourite shows now, will be very disappointed if it doesn't get a second season.

The "space zombie" episode was probably the weakest of the season, but overall it's a great romp of a show and would be good to see it get a few seasons in before being put out to pasture...

Well that was an unexpected ending...

Did not see that coming at all. Great finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Great finale! They really built up the tension and piled suspicion on everyone.

There better be a second season.

Yeah didn't see that ending coming at all. Great season finale. Really hope it gets renewed, because I need to know what happens next...

and the Mexican Stand-Off was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Great final three episodes - slow start, but built well towards the finish.

Earlier scene now making sense that didn't make sense previously.

6 being an undercover cop type thing for the GA makes sense of an earlier scene I couldn't reconcile.

Back when 6 discovered the ship he transported contained a bomb killing thousands he shot the young guy that ran in to tell them what had really happened. That makes more sense now that he was executing all the criminals.

So where was the shock stick all along? How did 6 wake up if he was knocked out the with the same stuff as 4? Why did 1 run off to the cargo hold? I was sure it was 2 when I saw her with the jug and cups...
    Great episode all the same, I suppose it could have been any of them which is what made it so watchable.

So where was the shock stick all along?
    Stick it in any storage cabinet that's not in your room basically and you're sorted.
    How did 6 wake up if he was knocked out the with the same stuff as 4?
    Lower dosage or simply antidote to slow down the effective time.

The question is when did he regain the memory? Was it from the memory walking episode? From being cloned? Also this points towards him being the likely culprit who caused the original memory loss (as noted in episode one that the person who did it could have done so to catch them all without them knowing about them being wanted).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Interesting end to the season. I'm not sure what the point was of 6 betraying them at this point in the story. They've already done a lot of illegal stuff since they woke up and there has been no indication that they've started remembering their memories. Definitely has me interested in watching season 2 (if there is one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

He didn't want to sell the device and they destroyed a planet. He may not have got his memory back at all.

Advertisement