Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Matter [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yurt! Good timing too, all my other shows are over!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, it, Wynnona Earp, and Killjoys are definitely breezy summer fare. Hope the purse strings finally open a little more and Dark Matter gets to play a little more. A bit more budget and it could be a legitimately epic show...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Couldn't remember what the hell was going on and the "previously" was not much help - just FYI for people who haven't watched yet, maybe get a re-cap of last season's back quarter before diving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Couldn't remember what the hell was going on and the "previously" was not much help - just FYI for people who haven't watched yet, maybe get a re-cap of last season's back quarter before diving in.

Thanks for letting us know. Didn't get the chance to watch them last week. I've seen some shows that have long breaks give great recaps at the start of the new season, pity this show isn't one of them.

Found a recap video for season 2 if it will be of help for anybody, having watched it yet so dunno if its any good :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hello,

I've seen series 1 (thought it was quite good) and the start of season 2. At the start of Season 2 the
    main character from season 1 gets killed
    I've seen the first one/two episodes of season two. Is
    this character gone for good
    If yes, do we know why
    was he sleeping with the writers wife or something where Karma was justified ?

And would you recommend restarting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I really enjoyed the first season, but Killjoys was the better of the 2 last season. This one has started strong, so i'm hopeful for it. I would recommend it if you got any enjoyment from it. It's pretty solid imo. As for your reason, not sure but
    he's definitely dead, he had taken the face of Jace Corso in order to track down the person who killed his wife, ie: Boone (3) who was a member of the Raza and the only way of getting close to them was by joining them as "Jace Corso".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched the first two episodes of Season 3 and nothing really has changed all that much; it's still as solid and watchable as before, but the flaws remain. Id' actually forgotten just how much talking goes on: it's a low budget show for sure, but not in the 'Bablyon 5' mould, where they still try eek out every penny and put in on-screen with epic space set pieces: in the absence of any actual budget, Dark Matter has sooooo much exposition about things happening outside whatever room our main cast are standing in - Star Trek: Next Generation at least showed the occasional space battle amongst all the camera wobbling.

It seems like a minor complaint sure, but I think it's more relevant in relation to this grand arc of a Corporation War that the viewer is supposed to give a sh*t about: the classic mantra dictates "show, don't tell" and it's easily applicable here too. In a scenario where we're supposed to worry about various corporations shooting at each other, we've barely actually seen any of this - heck I don't think we've even seen any corporate logos or 'visual' presence - but by god do people waffle on about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Watch The Expanse if you looking for a great Space set series. I stopped watching this towards the end of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was a brilliant episode. Joseph Mallozzi loves his time loops. :)

Very clever writing and I love the foreshadowing of what's to come in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Yes, great episode, a nice take on the Grounhog Day idea. I wasn't impressed with the first few episodes of this season but that was one of the best episodes yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I love Time Loop episodes and films, so this was right up my alley. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I loved this weeks episode , was funny and quite dark at the end
    I really hope we actually get to see some of that stuff old 5 was talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This was a simple but very funny episode. No doubt it was also very cheap to make to. I don,t mind because I get Dark Matter. Killjoys is back next week but I prefer Dark Matter and will not be watching well because it just lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it very much is turning into Blakes 7 with the changing of cast members, I wonder will it go out in a blaze of glory like that show did

I enjoyed this weeks episode. I had forgotten about the alternate reality crew so the start had me confused and then when they started mixing up crew members it kept me guessing. Alternate reality characters have been done on plenty of other shows but this kept it nice a fun.

I thought it was pretty muddled but I enjoyed it. The handoff between the androids near the end was the best part. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I enjoyed it. A good episode. strong season so far.

Mr E wrote: »
    The handoff between the androids near the end was the best part. :)

Android has some of the best lines and a great deadpan delivery. I really enjoyed the alternate android threatening Wexler. "I could detach your head with minimal effort....minimal....effort."

Ms

Enjoyed this weeks episode. But at the beginning I was did I miss on episode why would they want to steal a crappy ship when they have the R. Then when she spaced all the prisoners I was like ok either alternate reality crew or impostors. I also had forgotten about the evil alternate reality crew. Must be good fun for the actors getting to do different versions of themselves. It was well done and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭corkie

Latest episode (S03E07) enjoyable but easily predict what was happening in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now that was a fun episode and a great way to incorporate time travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Now that was a fun episode and a great way to incorporate time travel.

Yeah, it was great, although I was really hoping it would be a two-parter because I was enjoying it so much.

Ms

I thought this weeks episode was quite funny but not the best episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I HATE Cliff Hanger Season Finales!

Especially if the status of the show is to be confirmed.

Enjoyable Season Finale overall.

They obviously splashed out on the budget for the final episode, all those space battles were pretty glorious. More of that in the show would be welcome, if unlikely.

Decent enough season ender, but unlike its genetic cousin Killjoys, there's less consistent tone and charisma in this show. Everyone just keeps circling the same orbits, figuratively speaking, the Portia/Boone twins are a bit tedious by now. Most evil twins in fiction have tbe politeness to at least look different to their counterparts. Solid summer entertainment but just never kicks itself into a high gear...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Cancelled, according to Variety.

Arseholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was looking forward to the next series.
    Can boards management get onto them please and tell them how important it is to the forums users?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Really dissappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well the old Cliffhanger provokes cancellation issue.

It's a bad timing to end, with that cliffhanger but it is what it is.

Advertisement