Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Allyall wrote:
    (removed now too). So I looked around, and it seemed to have a lot of people selling it from €18 - €25. They all seem to have been removed now (at least 20 or 30 of them), and it's averaging around €47. If it was an attempted scam, it was a big one.

yeah what happens now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

tharmor wrote: »
    yeah what happens now ?

Either they get shipped, or paypal will refund everyone in the next day or so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Allyall wrote: »
    Either they get shipped, or paypal will refund everyone in the next day or so.

Yeah, I got an email from ebay to say they removed the item, but they're still saying it might arrive, some hope of that!

"We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
    322140360240 - Z68 TV Box RK3368 Octa-core Android 5.1 Dual Band WiFi BT 2GB+16GB Media Player

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Can any android box play in proper hd like sky, everyone Ive seen isnt like that when I try watch sports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Can any android box play in proper hd like sky, everyone Ive seen isnt like that when I try watch sports

You get what you pay for. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

eamonnq wrote: »
    You get what you pay for. ;)

You cant win if you dont try :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Any decent box can play proper HD provided you have a HD stream. It all depends on the quality of streams you are getting.

Now how to get those streams - This is not the place to discuss it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

None of these boxes will play HD like you would get with Sky. No matter what the streams say its not proper HD like on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can someone recommend a box that has a satelite connection as well as android?

Blade wrote:
    Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:"

Blade wrote:
    "We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won: 322140360240 - Z68 TV Box RK3368 Octa-core Android 5.1 Dual Band WiFi BT 2GB+16GB Media Player

Blade wrote:
    Yeah, I got an email from ebay to say they removed the item, but they're still saying it might arrive, some hope of that!

Any updates lads ? those who ordered ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

tharmor wrote: »
    Any updates lads ? those who ordered ?

No, I haven't done anything yet. Looks like it's up to us to open a case before we can get our money back. And there's a time limit for that. That's what their email says, there's no mention of ebay automatically refunding everyone after they removed the listing.

Blade wrote: »
    No, I haven't done anything yet. Looks like it's up to us to open a case before we can get our money back. And there's a time limit for that. That's what their email says, there's no mention of ebay automatically refunding everyone after they removed the listing.

No, I think when Paypal and Ebay separated, nothing happens anymore.
    322147242341 - Z68 TV Box RK3368 octa-core Android 5.1 Dual Band WiFi BT 2GB 16GB Media Player

We are writing to you now because we have strong evidence that the offer was of an unauthorized third person without the consent of the account holder. The offer we have thus removed, which is why the corresponding transaction has been aborted. We ask you to take the following precaution:

If you have already initiated a payment for the product:

You may be covered by eBay Buyer Protection. These include all payments via PayPal, credit card, direct debit, purchase on account, "Click & Collect" and all articles which are provided with the eBay Guarantee Logo. If you have used any of the above payment methods, please open a Buyer Protection case.
    Should you have selected a different payment method (eg bank transfer), you immediately contact your respective banking institution in connection to cancel the payment made or to discuss how to proceed.
    If you have not made any payment:

If you have to pay not yet been initiated, you deem the said transaction as invalid, and also carry out any payment by.
    We would equally assure you that your account was not affected by the unauthorized access. In addition, eBay is taking a number of measures to ensure the security of your account and to improve. For more information, please visit the following link:

http://pages.ebay.ie/help/account/protecting.html

eBay Security Team

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a box that has a satelite connection as well as android?

http://wetek.com/product/wetek-play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

Allyall wrote: »
    Because it was Rockchip I thought it might be the Sale value, as that box yesterday was averaging at around €35. It was for sale as low as €9.99 on some stores (removed now too). So I looked around, and it seemed to have a lot of people selling it from €18 - €25. They all seem to have been removed now (at least 20 or 30 of them), and it's averaging around €47.
    If it was an attempted scam, it was a big one.

Checked my email that eBay sends to, got an item despatched message from them on the 14th.

Invincible wrote: »
    Checked my email that eBay sends to, got an item despatched message from them on the 14th.

I hadn't planned on ordering it, and then after thinking about it decided I might try it. I ordered a day or so later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnnykildare

Might be a stupid question but sure I'll throw it out there anyway. I took a lend of my brothers android mx3 4k TV box to try it out in my own house. The box kept on stalling when trying to watch live TV and also when I tried to stream. I am with Virgin and the speed test was reading 150 plus. It works near enough prefect in his house from an eircom connection getting circa 30 bits per second. I thought it should work better with better Internet speed but in fact it is much worse. Any ideas?

Invincible wrote: »

If you're talking about the same box and seller that I ordered from then don't expect it to arrive. I got the item dispatched email too but that was just the seller saying they sent it, doesn't mean a thing, you'll probably notice there's no tracking number with it. Just put in a claim now and don't waste any time. I went through the process and it automatically escalated to a claim which is something that normally takes weeks as they usually give the seller time to respond to the claim, however in this instance it stated that the seller would be unable to respond, for obvious reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Has anyone tried one of these Sunvell T95M that are on sale at Gearbest? seems good spec for just €26.24

Great deal on the good old reliable MK808b Plus from Gearbest at 19.99 US Dollars. You have to take the US plug though but you can add an adapter from them for $1.50 as I did in case they don't send one. Always handy to have anyway.

I've been through dozens of these and I still swear by them for reliability. They never overheat like the newer model S905 and despite having higher spec boxes sitting here in front of me, I still use one myself as there's nothing wrong with it!

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_126894.html

UK adapter if needed here:
    http://www.gearbest.com/iphone-cables-adapters/pp_311119.html

Blade wrote:
    If you're talking about the same box and seller that I ordered from then don't expect it to arrive. I got the item dispatched email too but that was just the seller saying they sent it, doesn't mean a thing, you'll probably notice there's no tracking number with it. Just put in a claim now and don't waste any time. I went through the process and it automatically escalated to a claim which is something that normally takes weeks as they usually give the seller time to respond to the claim, however in this instance it stated that the seller would be unable to respond, for obvious reasons!

i have not received anything..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I've been through dozens of these and I still swear by them for reliability

oxymoron?

degsie wrote: »
    oxymoron?

I've bought and re-programmed them for friends. They're easy to work with, never had a problem and neither has anyone I gave them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

Great deal on the good old reliable MK808b Plus from Gearbest at 19.99 US Dollars. You have to take the US plug though but you can add an adapter from them for $1.50 as I did in case they don't send one. Always handy to have anyway.

I've been through dozens of these and I still swear by them for reliability. They never overheat like the newer model S905 and despite having higher spec boxes sitting here in front of me, I still use one myself as there's nothing wrong with it!

whats the minimum speed broadband required to run this

I've bought and re-programmed them for friends. They're easy to work with, never had a problem and neither has anyone I gave them to.

I'm the same, have set up 6/7 of these up at this stage.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-200.html

Libreelec build specifically for them too.

I also quite like that they don't come with a remote, means you don't feel bad about spending the same amount on a Mele F10 Deluxe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

Might be a stupid question but sure I'll throw it out there anyway. I took a lend of my brothers android mx3 4k TV box to try it out in my own house. The box kept on stalling when trying to watch live TV and also when I tried to stream. I am with Virgin and the speed test was reading 150 plus. It works near enough prefect in his house from an eircom connection getting circa 30 bits per second. I thought it should work better with better Internet speed but in fact it is much worse. Any ideas?

WiFi or wired connection ?

flutered wrote: »
    whats the minimum speed broadband required to run this

They say 3 or 4 megabits is enough, however you should probably allow more in case someone else wants to use the Internet at the same time! The important thing with these too is that they should be situated close to the router, preferably in the same room, as transfer speeds drop the further away they are. If for example you're on a 3 megabit connect and the router is at the other end of a large room, you might only get 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Theres alot of New models hitting the stores in july there holding back to getting rid of old stock .

And if your getting a box get a 64 bit make sure its S905 at least and Andriod 6.0 Marshmallow .

Ailexpress just a sample .

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=5092303&initiative_id=AS_20160617222234&SearchText=android+6.0+tv+box

Alibaba just a sample

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=andriod+6.0+tv+box

Links are just to main page not to any shop buyers can buy from there normal places this is just a heads up .

+1 on the MK808B plus. They are pretty much an (original) MXQ (Assuming they are original MK808B Plus's) without an ethernet port or Remote.
    Easily sorted though.
    A decent remote can be bought for €10+ (better than the crud that comes with the MXQ)
    and an Ethernet Dongle for maybe €3.

But, personally, I can't stand dealing with that store. Although that does seem to be the cheapest around - which isn't surprising at the moment they're in the middle/end of a massive campaign to win back all of their customers that have left them, and have paid to get unbanned from many forums.
    Take advantage of that offer, but I wouldn't recommend returning.

I'd imagine they are original ones, but be aware, an awful lot on that site isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

bought one 18.32 euro with paypal and an air mouse pad ( ms2 8.30 euro) sent as 2 seperate packages so might stay below customs mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

neacy69 wrote: »
    Got a refund. Took a few emails to get it clear to them what the issue was as they kept asking for videos and pictures of the issue!
    I was gonna purchase a replacement but it seems to be out of stock

Anyone want a replacement remote for a mini TV box?

Advertisement