Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

I've got Netflix set up now.

I downloaded the mediafire files onto my PC and transferred them to a USB stick.

I then plugged the Usb into the Mecool and went into sideload and opened up the FX App on the Mecool.

Then I clicked on Usb storage and found the mediafire files and installed them and followed Suckits instructions above.

Is this the norm for different apps or is it just Netflix?
    I can see myself needing a new box in the next few months and thought the mekool might be an option but that would annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

.red. wrote: »
    I can see myself needing a new box in the next few months and thought the mekool might be an option but that would annoy me.

Some ongoing issues between Netflix and Mecool.

Its not too difficult to do and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Most apps are easy to get .

I definitely wouldn't let the problem with Netflix put you off buying a Mecool. Very good box imo.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Some ongoing issues between Netflix and Mecool.

Its not too difficult to do and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Most apps are easy to get .

I definitely wouldn't let the problem with Netflix put you off buying a Mecool. Very good box imo.
    Cheers,
    I don't use Netflix so it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if that was the only app that needed to be side loaded.
    If it was a lot of them it would drive me mad

Cheers,
    I don't use Netflix so it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if that was the only app that needed to be side loaded.
    If it was a lot of them it would drive me mad

There is a very quick and easy way to get a lot of apps that aren't available in app store by using filelinked.

What apps are you looking for?

There is a very quick and easy way to get a lot of apps that aren't available in app store by using filelinked.

What apps are you looking for?

Nothing in particular, the ones I mainly use are Ttorrent, MX player, Kodi and Live Football TV, all from the playstore and also an IPTV app which is an easy apk download.
    The kids use YouTube a good bit too.

My Minix is showing signs of age and acts up occasionally. I was gonna buy a mecool to have for when it does go but decided not to in case something better comes along in the mean time. I've another Minix in the kitchen which is redundant while there's no football so at least if one packs up I'm not in a rush to get another one delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

It only took 5mins. I'm new to this but from what I've read only Netflix and Disney have to be sideloaded but I could be wrong.

It's a bit of a pain setting the box up at first especially if like me you don't have fibre and a router . I'll let you know if it's worth it after tonight's viewing.

Nothing in particular, the ones I mainly use are Ttorrent, MX player, Kodi and Live Football TV, all from the playstore and also an IPTV app which is an easy apk download.
    The kids use YouTube a good bit too.

My Minix is showing signs of age and acts up occasionally. I was gonna buy a mecool to have for when it does go but decided not to in case something better comes along in the mean time. I've another Minix in the kitchen which is redundant while there's no football so at least if one packs up I'm not in a rush to get another one delivered.

no problem with getting those apps on Mecool and bar the issue with Netflix everything else is straightforward on it.

no problem with getting those apps on Mecool and bar the issue with Netflix everything else is straightforward on it.

I presume all those must be downloaded on a pc first and then transferred to the Mecool?

Are there any apps that can be downloaded directly from the playstore that are worth getting?

Btw what app can I use to view Boxsets?

I have never used a PC to download any app on a android box.
    They are all available via sideloading if not on playstore.I usually use Filelinked and apptoide.

Watching boxsets?
    Netflix,Amazon Prime,Disney + are all available and there are other apps out there that aren't legit and can't be discussed here.

They are all available via sideloading if not on playstore.I usually use Filelinked and apptoide.

Watching boxsets?
    Netflix,Amazon Prime,Disney + are all available and there are other apps out there that aren't legit and can't be discussed here.

How do you download directly from the box?

Atm I can't get Prime to work so what do I do?

• Advertisement

Glad to hear it, all we have here is a laptop from about 2008 running Vista, its struggling with 4th class homework at the moment, I'd hate to need it for downloading a file😂

How do you download directly from the box?

Atm I can't get Prime to work so what do I do?

As I said check out Aptoide and Filelinked, if something isn't in the play store its usually available on one of them.

Whats happening with Prime ?
    Thats in the store so shouldn't have any issues.
    Is there an error message or what?

As I said check out Aptoide and Filelinked, if something isn't in the play store its usually available on one of them.

Whats happening with Prime ?
    Thats in the store so shouldn't have any issues.
    Is there an error message or what?

Prime keeps saying update pending but nothing happens.

Never came across that issue before.

Is there lots of apps downloading/updating and its queued?

Maybe uninstall and try installing again from playstore.

Not sure what else you could try once there are no issues regarding broadband/data.

You could cast Prime from your phone to the box for a quick workaround for now .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I've got Netflix set up now.

I downloaded the mediafire files onto my PC and transferred them to a USB stick.

I then plugged the Usb into the Mecool and went into sideload and opened up the FX App on the Mecool.

Then I clicked on Usb storage and found the mediafire files and installed them and followed Suckits instructions above.

Looking forward to Narcos, Better Call Saul and Derry Girls now :).

Many thanks to everyone who helped with info on Mecool over the last while.

All I need now is to find the best mobile broadband plan. I'll give Three a trial for the next month and go from there.

Btw Vodafone wins hands down for speed in my area.
    Three download speed is 29.9 Mbps
    Vodafone download speed is 141 Mbps

three is cheaper if u can get 30 all the time it would be the way to go

Prime keeps saying update pending but nothing happens.

check for a firmware update on the box and then check for an update on playstore app itself

if not uninstall or uninstall updates clear data and update

Prime and Spotify working fine now. Didn't have to update as it already had the most up to date version.

I watched The Irishman last night using the Hotspot phone and a Three sim with Speed 29.9Mbps.

Picture was perfect with no buffering at all.

I got an email this morning saying the Tp Link Mr600 4g Cat 6 router is in stock.

Given the Hotspot and Three sim work is the Router worth buying? The Router costs €175 but it has great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Prime and Spotify working fine now. Didn't have to update as it already had the most up to date version.

I watched The Irishman last night using the Hotspot phone and a Three sim with Speed 29.9Mbps.

Picture was perfect with no buffering at all.

I got an email this morning saying the Tp Link Mr600 4g Cat 6 router is in stock.

Given the Hotspot and Three sim work is the Router worth buying? The Router costs €175 but it has great reviews.

€175 is expensive, you could get a Huawei B311 Amazon for 65 Stg, if you're not happy with it, return for refund, as it's sold by Amazon themselves.
    Get a 3 all you can eat dim for €20/month.
    Sister got the B525 from them back in February for £104, standard modem used by 3 at moment.

Invincible wrote: »
    €175 is expensive, you could get a Huawei B311 Amazon for 65 Stg, if you're not happy with it, return for refund, as it's sold by Amazon themselves.
    Get a 3 all you can eat dim for €20/month.
    Sister got the B525 from them back in February for £104, standard modem used by 3 at moment.

I just bought the Tp Link https://www.elara.ie/results.aspx?search=Mr600

It is expensive but I'm justifying it because there's a bit of future proofing given that's its Cat 6 and can get speeds up to 300Mbps + it's free delivery and should arrive by the 1st May.

I had considered the routers you posted a few weeks ago but after reviews I held out for the Tp Link.

Btw in case anyone is in the same boat and needs Mobile Broadband these are the best offers atm:

Three sim unlimited for €20 in your own router.
    Three 24 month contract €20-30 unlimited Inc Router.
    Eir 30 day contract 750gb for €54 SIM only, no Router
    Eir 12 Month contract 750gb for €29.99 Inc Router
    Vodafone 12 Month contract 300gb got €40 Inc Router.

Some things to consider
    Vodafone has the best Speed
    Three has the best Router B525
    Eirs 30 day I'd expensive but your not tied to 12 Month contract.

I just bought the Tp Link https://www.elara.ie/results.aspx?search=Mr600

It is expensive but I'm justifying it because there's a bit of future proofing given that's its Cat 6 and can get speeds up to 300Mbps.

I had considered the routers you posted a few weeks ago but after reviews I held out for the Tp Link.

normal old modem with 3 on 30 down standard would have done you perfect
    there payg all you can eat would have been cheap way to do it

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    normal old modem with 3 on 30 down standard would have done you perfect
    there payg all you can eat would have been cheap way to do it

Thanks, I feel great after reading that:mad:

Still time to cancel your order.....

another tip with them modems - stick it in the window with the back against the glass and plugged into charger - if you move it about the area you should get a stronger signal in one area

another tip with them modems - stick it in the window with the back against the glass and plugged into charger - if you move it about the area you should get a stronger signal in one area

Found the signal strength/download speed increased by placing in attic and connecting to a 4G antenna which is suspended between the rafters on a cord.

Invincible wrote: »
    Found the signal strength/download speed increased by placing in attic and connecting to a 4G antenna which is suspended between the rafters on a cord.

can help yes but the window can do as good with no other additions - if you have a good signal on 3 which he seems to have - if you dont its better not use 3

can help yes but the window can do as good with no other additions - if you have a good signal on 3 which he seems to have - if you dont its better not use 3

Is there anything on the box that can't be done with 30Mbps speeds. I want to feel better about getting the Tp Link. I think it will be useful in future if Vodafone bring down their Mobile Broadband Price or increase their data as Voda's speed is great.

Another thing I noticed is that in the FX App the Internet can be accessed. Why is this setting within the app, is it for File Sharing.

Is there anything on the box that can't be done with 30Mbps speeds. I want to feel better about getting the Tp Link. I think it will be useful in future if Vodafone bring down their Mobile Broadband Price or increase their data as Voda's speed is great.

Another thing I noticed is that in the FX App the Internet can be accessed. Why is this setting within the app, is it for File Sharing.

4k video is about 15-16 so there is nothing that you cant do if your getting 30 down at least

As I said check out Aptoide and Filelinked, if something isn't in the play store its usually available on one of these?

Where do l get these
    4k video is about 15-16 so there is nothing that you cant do if your getting 30 down at least

If 4k only requires that why were people recommending B525 routers from way back in the thread and saying little can be done without Fibre . If 30Mbps is all you need mobile broadband is fine for everyone.

Btw how do I setup Disney. I seen apks for Netflix but not for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Where do l get these

If 4k only requires that why were people recommending B525 routers from way back in the thread and saying little can be done without Fibre . If 30Mbps is all you need mobile broadband is fine for everyone.

Btw how do I setup Disney. I seen apks for Netflix but not for it.

Here are the Speeds recommended by Netflix and they are playing it safe with
    the documented recommended speeds.
    Here are the download speeds Netflix recommends (again, for one stream):

SD — 3Mbps
    Full HD — 5Mbps
    4K Ultra HD — 25Mbps

So yes 30MB should be fine as long as the source server is able to handle it(ala Netflix). But if you are using other services, like third party addons....
    You might see buffering and lockups. That's down to the source.

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    Here are the Speeds recommended by Netflix and they are playing it safe with
    the documented recommended speeds.

So yes 30MB should be fine as long as the source server is able to handle it(ala Netflix). But if you are using other services, like third party addons....
    You might see buffering and lockups. That's down to the source.

Jesus so I've just wasted €175. I have an old Huawei E5577c modem, so that would have done?

My Netflix plan is €11.99 per month. I sideloaded the App so does that mean that I can only get SD and would be better changing the plan to €7.99 pm.

Advertisement