Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What TV do you have? Is it a Sony or Philips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It wouldn't overrule the setting on the TV though. Can you not just change that?

Id a feeling you wouldn't like it :pac:

No, I can't change the settings on the tv - already covered that. It would mean that I would constantly be changing the settings everytime I switched devices. Not an option. Never needed to do with my old box(es) or any other device....

Yeah, you were dead right! :D :pac:
    Suckit wrote: »
    What TV do you have? Is it a Sony or Philips?

Sony.

Don't know if this will help you, but some are finding temporary fixes

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-box-4k-mdz-16-ab-color-inversion-with-philips-sony-tv-sets.41145/

It is apparently going to be fixed in the next update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

Just upgraded to an s905x box

My air mouse is gone to Sh1t, stuttering about the screen

I've changed the batteries and maxxed up the pointer speed,is there anything else I need to check?

Thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072Q9DHRK/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Looks like I'll have to return the box,it's so slow it's completely unuseable

Not sure why if it got decent reviews,it's crawling along compared to my old box.with 1GB ram

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

s912 is surely what you should be looking at

Nowso wrote: »
    s912 is surely what you should be looking at

Yes thanks .I'm returning it for an s912

I can't believe how slow that S905x was out of the box compared to other boxes i've used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075QCRBHB/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1_1_1?smid=A2RO4SVUCVQQNP&psc=1

I have to go cheap.
    Is there much difference between the various brands of T9 5Z box?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

Mikenesson wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B072Q9DHRK/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Looks like I'll have to return the box,it's so slow it's completely unuseable

Not sure why if it got decent reviews,it's crawling along compared to my old box.with 1GB ram

I'm sorry, but when an advert shows you a graph which claims that the wifi is twice as fast on this box compared to the "others" (or that this box can make your wifi twice as fast, depending on what way you want to read it), you should have known it is a piece of rubbish! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yes thanks .I'm returning it for an s912

I can't believe how slow that S905x was out of the box compared to other boxes i've used.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075QCRBHB/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1_1_1?smid=A2RO4SVUCVQQNP&psc=1

I have to go cheap.
    Is there much difference between the various brands of T9 5Z box?

Thanks
    You will get a Mi Box for similar or less money.Some here won't agree but for the price,I think it's very good .I have set up a few for friends and they've no complaints.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Question guys.....I am trying to use Plex

So I built a cheap desktop PC with linux. Put Plex onto it.

Have Miaomi MI TV box.....it worked for a week now it can't find the Plex server.....do you need to buy a license to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Question guys.....I am trying to use Plex

So I built a cheap desktop PC with linux. Put Plex onto it.

Have Miaomi MI TV box.....it worked for a week now it can't find the Plex server.....do you need to buy a license to use?

To use Plex? No licence needed it's completely free.

Plex authentication is done on the Plex site so if you cannot connect the server is most likely offline. You can try connect direct using local IP on port 32400 using <ipofplexserver>:32400

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Just upgraded to an s905x box

My air mouse is gone to Sh1t, stuttering about the screen

I've changed the batteries and maxxed up the pointer speed,is there anything else I need to check?

Thanks

Possibly not related at all but I got myself an Amlogic based box too and I installed Kodi from the Playstore and it was terrible. Slow, stutter, crashes you name it. Thought the box was crap but then I went back to the manufacturers build and it was fantastic.

There are apparently certain things that can be wrong for your box with Kodi builds and possibly with other software, too. Specifically with regards to libraries, drivers etc its built against and also hardware settings.

Does the box run fine after a reset to factory defaults/settings/apps? I got suspicious when Kodi stuttered along but the preinstalled apps were super smooth. It shouldn't be that way but it appears that one can mess up things w Android and just because its an Android app form the store it doesn't mean it will be 100% on every box.

Possibly not related at all but I got myself an Amlogic based box too and I installed Kodi from the Playstore and it was terrible. Slow, stutter, crashes you name it. Thought the box was crap but then I went back to the manufacturers build and it was fantastic.

There are apparently certain things that can be wrong for your box with Kodi builds and possibly with other software, too. Specifically with regards to libraries, drivers etc its built against and also hardware settings.

Does the box run fine after a reset to factory defaults/settings/apps? I got suspicious when Kodi stuttered along but the preinstalled apps were super smooth. It shouldn't be that way but it appears that one can mess up things w Android and just because its an Android app form the store it doesn't mean it will be 100% on every box.
    I don't use kodi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I bought one of those H96 Pro Plus boxes months ago and only got round to opening it the other night. Was looking forward to seeing what it could do.

The box is dead when I power it up. Small faint red light inside the top of the unit when connected to power supply. But nothing happens.
    I seem to recall seeing a purple light for a second, maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, I have asked BangGood to help, sent them pictures showing I just opened packaging, but they are not interested. They suggested I bring it to a local electrical store.
    Does anyone have experience of this? Would one of those mobile phone type shops be able to fix it you reckon?

Does anyone have experience of this? Would one of those mobile phone type shops be able to fix it you reckon?

Unlikely.
    How many months ago exactly?
    Contact Banggood again and ask them about the warranty period for that, they have different warranty periods, but usually around 6 months.
    They won't replace it (unlikely), but they may offer a partial refund or a new power.
    My guess is a new plug will fix it, but make sure to get the correct one, you can also look on amazon or maybe adverts. The incorrect one could blow it.
    You may do better by finding out the warranty period before contacting them.

I bought one of those H96 Pro Plus boxes months ago and only got round to opening it the other night. Was looking forward to seeing what it could do.

The box is dead when I power it up. Small faint red light inside the top of the unit when connected to power supply. But nothing happens.

Anyway, I have asked BangGood to help, sent them pictures showing I just opened packaging, but they are not interested. They suggested I bring it to a local electrical store.

I got the same box. Loads of them had dodgy PSU's, from memory. Just get a new power supply from somewhere.

Unlikely.
    How many months ago exactly?
    Contact Banggood again and ask them about the warranty period for that, they have different warranty periods, but usually around 6 months.
    They won't replace it (unlikely), but they may offer a partial refund or a new power.
    My guess is a new plug will fix it, but make sure to get the correct one, you can also look on amazon or maybe adverts. The incorrect one could blow it.
    You may do better by finding out the warranty period before contacting them.

Thanks suckit.

It was more than 6 months ago unfortunately. I did send them a note back asking for a bit of leniency and included pictures of me opening the package with the most recent newspaper so they'd know it was really only just being used for first time. See what they say to that sure.

I used an existing plug from an ouya that was already plugged in. That is when I saw the purple light but nothing.
    I then unpacked the supplied one, but that just gave a feint red light.
    Would it be possible I have blown it using the ouya plug? If so then I will just walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Basil3 wrote: »
    I got the same box. Loads of them had dodgy PSU's, from memory. Just get a new power supply from somewhere.

This aswell guys I have the h96 pro plus and it wouldn't boot up after a few weeks just the faint red light. I tried another psu from an old m8s box and worked no problem ever since.

Interesting, are you referring to the plug?
    So I will check some other plugs later and see how that goes.

• Advertisement

Dont try too many. Any smell of smoke and that's it.
    Just check it is the correct plug.

You could also try a USB plug and a usb type A to 5.5mmx2.1mm

The plug from those is very common, so you may have one lying around.

You could also ask Banggood for a replacement one, they might do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just have a check on the ratings of the plugs but most of the plugs are identical even the shape of them I've a few here that are all the same.

Is that power supply too much? That is the one I put it on first.

2r5f40l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Very likely that Ouya power supply (12V, 1.5A) would have fried the H96 which requires a 5V, 2A one. If you used a 2 to 3 pin adaptor supplied with the box, you might try a standard BS 5733 rated available from Dealz, etc. for €1.50 just to rule it out as a possible cause.

5V 2A plug.
    Ok, I will try a few over the weekend, will have a look around.

I tried the one that came with the H96 pro, and that was the one that gave the feint red light on the unit.

Fingers crossed, see how I get on.

Is there much difference in the different s912 boxes

Beelink gt1
    H96 pro plus
    T95z plus

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Not much. You have got the order right.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Not much. You have got the order right.

Is there much between the different h96 pro plus boxes.

The ones on Amazon have mediocre reviews

Is there much between the different h96 pro plus boxes.

The ones on Amazon have mediocre reviews

Haven't looked at them on all on amazon, but I'm pretty sure they're all the same one, just different remotes.

What is the price range you're looking at?

• Advertisement

Haven't looked at them on all on amazon, but I'm pretty sure they're all the same one, just different remotes.

What is the price range you're looking at?

Hi I've ordered this one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0789ZN4J7
    Budget is low, i had the old CS918 and it was grand for all I needed

I bought a S905x off Amazon and it was useless for some reason.

Advertisement