Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

threein99 wrote:
    Anyone have any experience of the Formuler Z7+ ?

I'm think this was the box I was highly recommended from an experienced seller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of the Formuler Z7+ ?

Go to post 4464

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

NATLOR wrote: »
    Go to post 4464

Cheers for that.i think it comes down go that or Mag box.they both seem good for whats needed.more functionality with Z7 from what I can gather.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Cheers for that.i think it comes down go that or Mag box.they both seem good for whats needed.more functionality with Z7 from what I can gather.

Yeah the Z7 runs android too.Its a fairly run of the mill android box but it the IPTV (MTVOL) app that sets it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭billbond4

A friend of mine has the Z7+ and he said it's user interface is one of the best with its epg and Vod layout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

NATLOR wrote: »
    Yeah the Z7 runs android too.Its a fairly run of the mill android box but it the IPTV (MTVOL) app that sets it apart.

A toss up between Mag 322 or Z7, box will be used for IPTV only.
    Which would ye go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

billbond4 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has the Z7+ and he said it's user interface is one of the best with its epg and Vod layout

EPG is still very slow. It worked better in the beta.
    Hopefully they release another update soon.

iggy wrote: »
    EPG is still very slow. It worked better in the beta.
    Hopefully they release another update soon.

i see a couple of people mentioning that in the forum. No problems with mine fully populates in under 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

it ll be interesting to see how all this iptv stuff works out with the roll out of the v6 box

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Geekbuying 72 hr sale

MI Box International version $59 from EU Warehouse

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Official-International-Version--XIAOMI-Mi-Box-4K-H-265-Android-Box-371297.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Invincible wrote: »

That link showing as HK despatch?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

66 and Zee Germens will send one to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

inforfun wrote: »
    66 and Zee Germens will send one to you.

Any geekbuying discount codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

iggy wrote: »
    That link showing as HK despatch?

Email stated 59 from EU warehouse ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

X96 2GB/16GB only €24.89 at minute https://www.tomtop.com/p-v3347eu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Suckit wrote:
    X96 2GB/16GB only €24.89 at minute

I would avoid this...very slow box with chip not supporting 4K at 60hz...had got one for a bud and had to throw it down the bin as it was very slow...go for anything with S905X chipset...and not S905W which this box has...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I would avoid this...very slow box with chip not supporting 4K at 60hz...had got one for a bud and had to throw it down the bin as it was very slow...go for anything with S905X chipset...and not S905W which this box has...

I think it requires a decent rom to get the best out of it. I can not link from where I am, but I do remember setting one up for someone before and I wanted to throw it out the window.
    I flashed it with a different rom and all was good. I am guessing that these have a newer firmware or at least a better rom.

I imagine there will be a few 'flash sales' coming before they recycle the rest. Afaik there is going to be a big push of AndroidTV boxes coming (some already available), presumably that will be the start of phasing out the others more and more.
    Only €8 or so more than the X96 - but above the VAT limit if they get stopped.

Edited:
    Xiaomi Mi Box getting Oreo - https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-box-android-oreo-update/
    https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-box-oreo-861116/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,960 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Slightly off topic but my "entertainment corner" is diagonally across the sitting room from the modem and I have an ethernet cable running along the bottom of 2 walls and then connected to a zgemma box. But I also have a Feeview+ HD box (yes, terrestrial) and a Blue ray player in the same corner both of which can be connected to the internet. Can I split the ethernet cable in any way so as to provide connections to the Freeview box and blue ray player and if so what type of device am I looking for?

Im assuming there's some sort of hub type device available where the ethernet cable plugs in one slot and 2 or 3 connections can be taken from that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

muffler wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but my "entertainment corner" is diagonally across the sitting room from the modem and I have an ethernet cable running along the bottom of 2 walls and then connected to a zgemma box. But I also have a Feeview+ HD box (yes, terrestrial) and a Blue ray player in the same corner both of which can be connected to the internet. Can I split the ethernet cable in any way so as to provide connections to the Freeview box and blue ray player and if so what type of device am I looking for?

Im assuming there's some sort of hub type device available where the ethernet cable plugs in one slot and 2 or 3 connections can be taken from that

Try something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0000E5SEQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525601814&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=cat+5+splitter

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Excellent! Thanks very much. That looks like my next purchase :)

I got a similar one on Amazon for about half the price, it's plug and play. TV, android box,PS4 and satellite box connected to it with a homeplug feeding it.

I got a similar one on Amazon for about half the price, it's plug and play. TV, android box,PS4 and satellite box connected to it with a homeplug feeding it.

Cheaper ones can reduce the internet speed for a one off thing it’s best to get the netgear one imo

Excellent! Thanks very much. That looks like my next purchase :)

I have one running off homeplugs and it’s working away perfectly for everything
    WiFi is a f*** up really unless it’s a phone or a tablet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You most likely got a standard ethernet switch (100mbit), the one posted has gigabit ports (1000mbit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

I bought two of these recently. I read a comparison and there is no difference between the Netgear and the TP Link ones, but with the TP Link you get an extra 3 ports!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A121WN6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Cheaper ones can reduce the internet speed for a one off thing it’s best to get the netgear one imo

Mine is Netgear. With fibre broadband I have enough speed to run anything connected to it.
    My android box has the bare minimum that I need on it. ;) Kodi was deleted as it was just becoming a pain.

Mine is Netgear. With fibre broadband I have enough speed to run anything connected to it.
    My android box has the bare minimum that I need on it. ;) Kodi was deleted as it was just becoming a pain.

There is more to your network than just speeds to and from the internet. There's also speeds between your devices for copying and moving files. You're best going with gigabit for media devices beside a TV, it's not a huge extra these days and is 10x faster

Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated. :)

2 quick follow on questions... What would you recommend to connect/link from the switch to the individual boxes - short ethernet cables?

Secondly when looking at those switch / switchers I see some are "managed" and others are "un-managed". What does that mean or entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

2 quick follow on questions... What would you recommend to connect/link from the switch to the individual boxes - short ethernet cables?

Secondly when looking at those switch / switchers I see some are "managed" and others are "un-managed". What does that mean or entail?

With a managed switch you have more control and can prioritise data, not something I think you would need.

I believe you can get ethernet cables which you will be using in Dealz!

• Advertisement

You need unmanaged. Ethernet works up to 90m, just get whatever length you need. Don't be fooled by these overexpensive cables, it's digital, it either works or out doesn't.

Advertisement