Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K16 - A Spike Lee Joint

Options
123457»

Comments

What you should also add to that is to pick an outside scorer.

My first player I picked mixed and I couldn't get the 3 point above something like 84 which was far too low to spread the floor.

By picking outside it still allows you a decent enough inside scoring rating for the drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,573 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah my Athletic pg is maxed at 84 3pt shot. Bit ridiculous. Top speed and quickness but my 6'2 height means i get hammered inside. Pick and roll is my bread and butter whether it's dishing the assist or hitting an open mid jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Hate that a main character's name is Freq:ermm: lol That is unfortunate

Frequency Vibrations is the worst nickname in the history of the world. Shame on 2K for letting Spike run wild with his IDIOTIC ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's very true about the good teamwork, greed really gets you nowhere in this year's game unless you've maxed out playmaking and you're a midget of a PG.

My own player is fairly well balanced, 88 rated SG but with maxed out jump shooting. Works out great because I'd knock down most threes and rarely miss a free throw, which is complimented by one of the badges I have which means I draw a lot of shooting fouls. Would be cool to get a few to play with and have a nice mix of styles in the team. Problem is nobody seems to want to be a centre.

Well I can fix that if I'm allowed join, I'm an 88 rated centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,376 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Well I can fix that if I'm allowed join, I'm an 88 rated centre

That's great, keep an eye on the thread so and we'll try and get a few games going one of the days, that's three of us at least. Will be great to have a big to score from the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's great, keep an eye on the thread so and we'll try and get a few games going one of the days, that's three of us at least. Will be great to have a big to score from the post.

Yeah I love it, only got into mypark very recently I usually just do mycareer so I'm not too great online but it's great craic mainly cause everyone else is a pg or sg, usually have an awful lot of rebounds and second chance points add in I hit 1 in every 4 3 pointers I try and it's a decent mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just DL this aswell lads and have a PG and C players, concentrating on the PG but its hard work ranking him up. Just into the first full season and jaysus its hard work but I am averaging 20 pts a game and fair few def rebounds and lots of assists.

Just got promoted to starting 5 for the NY Nicks so its getting better.....my player is only 70 but my jump shots is very well spec'ed and upping the athlete and playmaker stats now.

Hit me up if I am on for some B Ball.......wondaboy007 (PSN)

Any tips would be great also for dribbling and def picks etc.

https://www.2k.com/games/nba-2k17

Gonna pre order this and get the legends edition my thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just got this on PC, any use?

Think NBA Jam was the last basketball game I played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just got this on PC, any use?

Think NBA Jam was the last basketball game I played.

I was in the same boat as you, my advice would be play mycareer first. You only control one player. I still can't beat the cpu on normal difficulty when I'm controlling everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ShaneU wrote: »
    I was in the same boat as you, my advice would be play mycareer first. You only control one player. I still can't beat the cpu on normal difficulty when I'm controlling everyone.

I just beat Golden State with the Bulls in my 1st game.

I pressed 2 buttons for the entire match, is there a tutorial? Or is that it ? :confused:

Tutorial is in the Options menu. Hidden away but highly recommend doing it all. Most complex sports game I've ever played.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Tutorial is in the Options menu. Hidden away but highly recommend doing it all. Most complex sports game I've ever played.

Yeah if you just wanna play ball you can, but the depth of tactics is incredible and when you actually pull of a play you started from start to finish is a great feeling....they really need to do an in depth tutorial for Defense and Offense all the same and a JARGON BUSTER for us now AMERICANS!!

LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I downloaded this as it was this months free game but f me I just can't get into it. I haven't played a bball game in years so I'm starting from scratch.

Same here, I had not got a clue when I turned it on. But stick with it and do the My career and you will be amazed how good it is.

Anybody know if its possible to run 2 player 1v1 in NBA2k16?

Can find the option in the menus....its prolly looking at me right in the face.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Go into my career and you are on My Court, go to options and invite a friend to your court. You can have multiple people but as soon as you get 1, there will be an option to setup a match and you can play 1v1 on your court.

Outside of the option above, if you're looking for a straight 1v1 mode then you're looking for Blacktop.
    (in where online options are from what I recall)

Not sure is there 1v1 but it definitely has 2/3 on one basket.

Thanx guys but I am looking to play 1v1 offline (with my little one) I will check it out today cheers. Menus are mental to browse....

• Advertisement

Thanx guys but I am looking to play 1v1 offline (with my little one) I will check it out today cheers. Menus are mental to browse....

Even though I made it sound like Blacktop was on-line its the offline street mode.

So that sounds like what you're looking for.

Real team players in a street ball setting.

Think its inside 2k Today or something to that effect.
    Whatever tab contains online ranked matches and team play.

Advertisement