Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K16 - A Spike Lee Joint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think we had 2 PF's but the marking wasn't great. I was PG but they mostly gave to their own guys to take up the court. The other team actually used their PG so I was set to mark him but one of the other guards kept coming over leaving his man open. Looked like he just wanted in on the action, bit annoying but I knew there was no chance of intelligent defending i.e. double teaming. All I could do was follow my role. I really wished they showed player stats after a game. I wanted to see everyones teammate grade, points, assists, etc. It should be made public to shame people who played shyte, as in ball hogging, taking bad shots, etc.

You can press start in the Park either while the games going on or in the small period after. I'm sure its in ProAm too. I usually give it a look over most games.

This camera problem in the park is annoying me now.
    "cut" is a massive disadvantage to "spin". I end up moving in the wrong direction for a few steps on every non score so I can't fast break.
    It also changes at an awful time after a make so you can't press the ball and can also be caught out taking a few steps the wrong way on the change.

I tried deleting my data there and its still on cut.
    It's spin in career, there no camera settings in the Park, in the midgame park camera change even switching away and back sees it remain on cut so I'm completely out of viable options bar switching to a new profile and starting over again.
    May do that with my SG actually.

I set one up on another profile earlier to check the Park was defo "spin" and also to make sure if I deleted the data I wouldn't lose my stuff..made him 'outside" to see the caps.
    Can get a 90 odd 3 ball, and 80 driving layup... Ffs that's way better than my PG with 81 and 84 or so.
    The playmaking is capped at 80 but I'm only around that mark with my PG and it's more than enough.
    Outside SG looks way better than a mixed PG.

Have to say, the difference in my SG with the jump shot compared to my 89 PG is amazing.

First two 3 balls with my SG went down and it was maybe 50s at the time.
    Sinking most 2s since when I get the space, cant fathom what it'll be like in the 80s as I'm still relatively behind with the SG(maybe low 70s) but it just seems to fall more.

Once I get the SG flying ill move everything to that account as the camera problem is unfixable, so my PG and PF are just wasted there.

They released a big patch today.
    It was mainly just said to fix ProAm and it has.
    I played a game with my PF and PG.... Got none of the coins for either game, though I do seem to have moved 150.

After game 4 I can now say there's no win bonus either, purely performance based.
    That's if you manage to get the coins, in the 4 I've played I only got coins once.

There's a weird problem in the ProAm though I've seen twice today, a blocked/rimmed dunk attempt resulting in an immediate out of bounds... Recorded the second, makes no sense, it appears the games putting the animation through the backboard when it shouldn't.

Haven't played in about a week, was enjoying it but not mad to play it like previous games. Bit early for that as well, sickened i got it digitally now.

Just put this on after a gap.

I'm not really watching Smooves vids but did catch that they fixed(added 2k) the camera in the gym so thought it might have been a reasonably big patch.

And it was, some changes in Career too.
    New positives(run play correctly) and changes to what your team is running in general(we've been 3-2 motion... Flashes up in play call messages).

Apparently from the 2k TV vids they added 3 second rule to the park which could be a game changer with lane campers.

• Advertisement

Haven't touched this in ages! What's the new 3 second rule in park?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Haven't touched this in ages! What's the new 3 second rule in park?

Haven't played but watched the latest 2kTV vid and they showed Thanksgiving tweets and one said "Thanks for the 3 second rule in the Park'.

I'd say it relates to defensive/offensive lane violations(3 second calls) which will curb bigs just standing static under waiting on rebounds.

I'll need to check the patch notes as just from the little I know there's some big changes.
    Its possible there was even slider changes.
    Hell the camera problem I have on the main account might have been fixed..must check that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just bought this today, went half price with a friend and it was on sale so for 27 euros happy out, now to download the 45gb, always a massive download

Bastards! Have to give this a go now and buy a Spidey jersey! Good thing I've been building up VC through the app.

12342547_984415991624788_5731060891938628500_n.jpg?oh=32cd10510f51e8e246d7c765d837a54e&oe=56DE380E

So started a my player and well, I like the idea of High School, NCAA, but he story is so cliche, like yawn.

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    So started a my player and well, I like the idea of High School, NCAA, but he story is so cliche, like yawn.

Its grand once but annoying if/when you set up new players for different positions.
    Just grinding through for hours with no VC in return.

Its grand once but annoying if/when you set up new players for different positions.
    Just grinding through for hours with no VC in return.

I usually only play one position though, I havent even got to the season stuck in NCAA still.

Anyone know where I can find some up to date locker codes :(

Anyone know where I can find some up to date locker codes :(

A more helpful way might be to watch the 2k TV episodes as questions pop up and you can make some VC.
    Would be worth a few 1000 across all the episodes.

Didn't bother with codes this year, often just getting some rubbish.

Finished my first year and christ that was terrible, not sure how they thought it would be a good idea, the story is horrible. Like how much basketball players live anything like that, well besides Lance Stephenson :pac:
    I said to my friend when we started playing that I had a bad feelin about Vic not making it to the end.
    Really thinking I need to have a talk with my parents, I have a sneaky feeling Im adopted :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

How do I turn on the direction lines on court for running a play.?

Started to play this a bit more online(MyTeam Gauntlet and RTTP's) over the past few days.

Had maybe 15 wins in the Gauntlet around launch so can be fairly certain of what I'm going to say.

The patch seems to have changed the meters to the point where you get at least one fella cold for next to nothing.

Noticed it in the Gauntlet where I was often having 2 guys cold per game.
    It wouldn't even take just getting blocked a few times and having a mare but 1/2 misses or a turnover.

It happens in 5v5 too.
    I had Butler(13-5-1 off 5-8 shooting with zero TOs)Thomson(13pts off 5-8 shooting and 1 TO) and Parker(3-6 shooting and 3 TOs) all cold at one point in my last game.

It really ruining the gamemode when you've 2/3 players constantly going cold for next to nothing.

Don't remember it being there at the start when I played a good chunk of Gauntlet games.

Such a idiot move, I upgraded my players rebound to the max for PG and now I cant upgrade outside shooting or inside so annoyed over this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just bought this.

Is there a bug with the gameplay HUD? I press up on the D pad, it does nothing. I turn on Gameplay HUD in options and it does nothing.

I can't play without it.

Such a idiot move, I upgraded my players rebound to the max for PG and now I cant upgrade outside shooting or inside so annoyed over this :mad:

Not exactly true.

I thought this initially as id put a slot or two into it as well.

You can get full slots for everything but you need to unlock the last 18 or so in the practice gym.
    You lose progress if you skip sessions so you need to commit to it on every off day and it'll take a fair few sessions per slot.

• Advertisement

Not exactly true.

I thought this initially as id put a slot or two into it as well.

You can get full slots for everything but you need to unlock the last 18 or so in the practice gym.
    You lose progress if you skip sessions so you need to commit to it on every off day and it'll take a fair few sessions per slot.

Awesome dude thanks for that, good to hear

Id a sickening loss to some fella in RTTPs earlier.

I was up a heap but got reeled in. Took the lead from a lay up with 4.0 seconds to leave just 0.6.
    He had a time out.

I moved the guy away from the baseline and tried to double up on his shooter expecting a catch and shoot.

He somehow was able to run to the basket and receive the alley up to perfection and forced OT.

Had two awful turnovers late in OT when trying to hit the free center under the basket and it passed to the wing which then compounded the heartache and cost me the win.

Was on such a nice run only losing 1 in 15 in that mode but that still hurt.
    I cant understand how the lob worked out so easy, either he fluked it or it's a bit cheap as if you could lob it like that each inbound it would be something people would milk.

That's actually something they haven't sorted at all... Plays out of timeouts and plays for 3s.
    When you need a 3 late out of a timeout its very unclear what plays to call to try to get the shooter outside the arc.

Think they need to simplify the play calling(Iso/Post/handoff/ etc).
    It's actually broke down outside the playbooks in MyTeam(says how many of each basic action is in each book) when adding one so should only take a slight adjustment.

Bump for the new users who got it free on ps+. Might even get a squad together for online. I made a Boards team but haven't invited anyone yet, not even fully sure how it works but designing the uniform and court is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

Bump for the new users who got it free on ps+. Might even get a squad together for online. I made a Boards team but haven't invited anyone yet, not even fully sure how it works but designing the uniform and court is class.

As long as we wear pink Im in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just through the story mode(thank god) and onto my first proper season.

Really liking it but I'm on the periphery of most games and know little about the game but I'm learning it. Makes a nice change from fifa :)

I had reinstalled the game to give another go and turns out i requested a trade from the knicks months ago and moved to Boston. More enjoyable games straight away but career is just getting stale.

I jumped into My Park and there was some amount of level 1's running around it was great but still have dopes who refuse to pass and miss every shot because they try to shoot in defenders faces. 2k17 really needs to get rid of having to wait around for a game. The Park environment is class but you should be able to jump into any new game on whatever server. Atm, i spend more time waiting than playing.

Gonna try My Team again, gonna use my vc on that instead of My Career now. Had just spent 5k on a Symbiote Spidey hoody so i think my career spending days are over

I had reinstalled the game to give another go and turns out i requested a trade from the knicks months ago and moved to Boston. More enjoyable games straight away but career is just getting stale.

I jumped into My Park and there was some amount of level 1's running around it was great but still have dopes who refuse to pass and miss every shot because they try to shoot in defenders faces. 2k17 really needs to get rid of having to wait around for a game. The Park environment is class but you should be able to jump into any new game on whatever server. Atm, i spend more time waiting than playing.

Gonna try My Team again, gonna use my vc on that instead of My Career now. Had just spent 5k on a Symbiote Spidey hoody so i think my career spending days are over

I sold my copy off around Feb, too many little niggling problems that just ruin the game(camera angles, passing is atrocious for years).

The park is what should give you the most play if it was managed properly.

So basically you need two others to play with.

There was plenty of times near the end of my playing that I went in, looked around and ended up leaving again due to the make up at that particular time(games just started, teams on court you wont beat with randomers).

I played a bit of MyTeam towards the end but its just badly organised again.
    Instead of copying FIFA and having Bronze-Gold cups you have no option but to play seasons and you're going to get done when you start meeting guys in unrestricted with OP teams and lose on the basis of that.

They should just copy UT and have standard cups, short term cups with restrictions and a bog standard open seasons.

Yeah the passing is as annoying as i remember. There's only 4 people that i can pass to and half the time he tries to give it to the wrong guy or as soon as i press pass, the guy runs behind a defender and i get a turnover.

I really can't see 2k17 changing it's ways as the series has had the same problems for years but not fixed them. Brilliant game hidden by bad design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,376 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any word on getting a team going? Never really went into the multiplayer part of the game too much but a few of us on the one team could be some craic, if not a total disaster. :pac:

Advertisement