Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K16 - A Spike Lee Joint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will try some of those plays. As a 6'2 PG, have no issues dunking. Dunking off 2 is very slow though, had to unequip it and keep it to dunks off 1.

Finished the story.....seriously didn't need that in my nba 2k game, Jaysus.

wmhyr1l72c30.gif

But, I can now finally play the proper season with off days, endoresements, etc YAASSSS!

I went with the Knicks starting at 14 mpg and 295 VC per game but negotiated them upto 315.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    But, I can now finally play the proper season with off days, endoresements, etc YAASSSS!

I went with the Knicks starting at 14 mpg and 295 VC per game but negotiated them upto 315.

You can move after 10 games and its a lot more straightforward.
    You will however get a random pay per game that was probably only originally noticeable if that particular team offered you before.
    However if the team is 100% interested it probably means more minutes, when I moved to the Cavs I went straight into starting and they were near the most interested.

First game on Sim was much more enjoyable.

We snapped a long losing streak, I scored 7 from 9 and got two go ahead baskets. 26 seconds and then after Lowry equalised I timed the buzzer beater to perfection hitting the winner. Even managed to get separation for the mid range pull up.

Hopefully the games stay like that as it was doing my head in before, opposition teams shooting 60%+ no matter their ability.

The manual plays are working a treat, going very fluid. Came off the bench and we were losing 39-17 :pac:. Not even worrying about wins, just want to get a good teammate grade, try improve my stock.

Whats the deal with 10 connections. I picked 3, should I just go and pick 10 or wait to unlock better ones? If I pick 10, can I swap any out if I unlock a better one?

The manual plays are working a treat, going very fluid. Came off the bench and we were losing 39-17 :pac:. Not even worrying about wins, just want to get a good teammate grade, try improve my stock.

Whats the deal with 10 connections. I picked 3, should I just go and pick 10 or wait to unlock better ones? If I pick 10, can I swap any out if I unlock a better one?

Best not pick any unless you're committed to them.

If you pick 10 straight off then you'll have one basically every off day, you only get two chances to blow them off and when face turns red that appears to be it(I lost Love who connects to the rest of the Cavs).

You can turn them on and off as you please so just turn on the ones you want, the ones with MyTeam cards are probably the best.
    I've a few good players already from it.

I've just gave up on practice until I've a few more connections sorted.

I was only getting bronze every time so unless you play on the sideline camera you'll find any defending/attacking next to impossible.
    There's some shooting too but needed to get my stats up for them. Pro tip, practice with 'Boston' names are 1v1(hardest ones).

If you're not worried about scoring, then just play 6min quarters, aim for the teammate grade and you'll be getting 600-800 per game and getting through more off days.
    I can even get near 1000 per game lately. Skip the first game in a double double too.

• Advertisement

Yeah I heard about the training issues with the camera. I use 2K as well so the sideline camera is ridiculous to force on people. I'm gonna stick to connections and sponsors for the time being. Yeah I'm playing 6 min quarters, games going quick enough. my teammates doing okay, some nice baskets, some stupid misses but I'm not worrying about it, just playing my part. Only played a few games but instantly more enjoyable than the whole story section.

Yeah I heard about the training issues with the camera. I use 2K as well so the sideline camera is ridiculous to force on people. I'm gonna stick to connections and sponsors for the time being. Yeah I'm playing 6 min quarters, games going quick enough. my teammates doing okay, some nice baskets, some stupid misses but I'm not worrying about it, just playing my part. Only played a few games but instantly more enjoyable than the whole story section.

You'll find it hard as fudge so. The only ones you really need to avoid are the Boston drills as they're the 5sec shot clock 1v1s.
    There's some for 3s but I didn't attempt them yet, I've got my shot maxed out now and I still don't think its good enough for shooting 3s so might need to see can you use boosts in the gym.

I think you can get an attribute boost from them eventually so that might explain why a 6"0 PG can only get to 76 odd 3 ball... You'll need to earn the next few slots.
    Best avoided though until you've got to the level you cant improve as you don't earn any VC from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Maybe get a "community going with this new ps4 update?.

Carefree_Ste is my I'd anyway

Soby wrote: »
    Maybe get a "community going with this new ps4 update?.

Carefree_Ste is my I'd anyway

Sounds good, will start one tonight or let me know if you have one done. Will be handy to post up see if anyone is online for a game. I made a PS4 Boards Pro-Am team but dunno if we would even get 3 players :o

I tried Park last night, picked my old team the Ballers and it skipped me the first 5 Rookie levels because of my loyalty and put me at Pro 1. Handy but didn't seem to unlock any extra clothes, only the exclusive Ballers t-shirt for keeping with the same team.

Anyway, I waited for a 3v3 game with another guy and 2 eejits just standing beside us the whole time. Game finished, it froze and next thing the guys who lost the game magically appeared on the Squad spots so got instantly into the game.

This exact thing happened me 4 times in a row. Was gonna plug in my mic just to f*ck em all out of it. Turned it off without even getting a game.

Squads should only have access to pro-am or at least block them out of a game if they just lost.

Also, have awful server connection problems. Started up the game 3 times yesterday and failed to connect all 3 times, had to keep trying to reconnect and it finally got me on but then would drop inthe middle of my career options and booting me back to main menu, seriously annoying.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry I picked a mixed scorer now.

My jump shot still misses too much, wide open, getting that high B rating still.

I was thinking practice might unlock a few EXTRA notches but noticed last night I've only got EIGHT upgraded remaining. So it probably only grants you more slots, you assumed were already given.

Jumper is maxed, Physical is only 2/3 off, playmaker half done, defence 5 slots or so from bottom, nothing in rebounding and inside scorer is low.... And apparently I can only bump eight more when some aspects will still be rubbish.

Makes picking mixed even less of an advantage.
    If I cant max out what I have then I'm not really mixed(ok maxed would be a 90 player but a few more than 8 would be nice) at least edging one side leaves you the option to neglect an extra category and get the rest high.

I think that aside ill restart as an outside SG, kinda pointless not having a reliable jumper and you can always drive and get fouled(good jumper=good FTs) but you cant work around the jumper.

Ugh

There's a few things annoying me about this now.

Mainly how a MAXED out shooter cant hit any higher a percentage than when the stats were WAY lower.

Even in the shooting training game which you can cheat in- in Beat the Pro you can walk to the spot and get it closer, however if you run you'll actually always be further away than the mark so not an exact cheat- my guy cant hit a good enough percentage of shots from barely mid range to pass.

He has an 81 three ball and an 83 mid range and they're apparently not even good enough to make uncontested shots with.

The other issue is related, just like last year the AI for your team is rubbish and the opposition are shooting 50%+ per game(HOF and Sim settings but default settings are the same)
    We lost to the Magic in the last game and they scored over 80 points in 7min quarters.

Its not even just your guy but your team mates too, LeBron is absolute tripe for a 94. He had 4 turnovers again in the last game and regularly stats woefully.

The thing is, I know if I played the Cavs he'd play to a 94, just as Monta Ellis did when he dropped 30 on us with 11-14 shooting( before coming to us and being mediocre again)

Team chemistry is going into the 90s now so not expecting any major changes there... Similar to the jump shooting which hasn't improved in 40k VC or so.

Jaysus, how do they have so many problems every year with these kind of issues. Either too many shots going in or not enough, how can they not find a balance!

Jaysus, how do they have so many problems every year with these kind of issues. Either too many shots going in or not enough, how can they not find a balance!

It seems more balanced online.

I don't really have issue with the game per se but some sort of slider settings applied in MyCareer.

In terms of stats(oppositon all 4-7 etc, your team 1-5 etc) however its the same as last year at that difficulty setting.

I remember late last year I just dropped to Superstar and my open shots started dropping and it was more enjoyable all around.

In relation to your players inconsistency, I think its tied to Offensive Efficiency(currently 79).
    This used to be upgradeable when you'd have had Heart etc in there.
    It doesn't show up in your upgrade page but its on the profile stat page.
    Not sure is time raising it or is it tied to some upgrade slot but I feel that's why you're shot is so unreliable.

Haha.

Some lad I came across in the park added me yesterday.
    He sent me an invite earlier for what I assumed would be park or pro-am but it was a 1v1... Not my style under the circumstances(need Park friends, can play anyone 1v1) but I just played.

He picked the 08 Celtic, I picked the 16 Knicks(thought he was the current Celtics).

Game is laggy as hell, I think he's American, worse than the online games I played myself.
    Very hard to get a shot off, missed every one with Calderon/Afflalo.

Late in the game he leads by 1.

Then I take a 1 point lead with 16 seconds left, he calls a timeout and advances the ball.

Rondo is on the point, he's scored 1 from 4 FTs with him.
    He inbounds to Rondo, I think "Feck that he's going to the line, max I've a tie game and the last shot".
    He misses both from the line and I win by 2.

Id say he's raging, its KIND of a sly move but the games the game, he shouldn't inbound to a poor FT shooter and think I'm giving a shot at the win with the last play.

A wise man once said... That's a noob move

Haha excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Slightly better shooting now. 3s are still a disaster even wide open. Think durants shooting stroke helps. I remeber in 14 ray allens was really good to use

I made a ps4 community 'NBA 2K16 - Ireland'. Feel free to join and invite friends.

Made an Irish/Boards Pro-Am team as well 'Boards Ballers'. Lame name but can easily change. Not sure how it works bit if we get enough players we can try organise a game.

I'm on for a while if any ps4 people want to play some online.

I've got my guy maxed out now. Hit 88,with around 15 games left in the season.
    Only simmed the first in a back to back which was maybe 5/6 games skipped.

Doesn't take long to max him out really, now I need to do the training to further unlock slots.
    Some attribute's have a lot of empty space so you'll be weak in some areas.

I only realised last night that dunks weren't even turned on(animation wise) for my PG, that explains why I had 3 dunks randomly and lay ups all the other times. Bit of an oversight considering I did it for my PF.

Even though his jumper is unreliable (maxed out) I can feel a considerable difference between being 83 and 88.
    Not sure is it just me, but on HOF and 7min quarters I can easily get 15 assists when demanding the ball off Kyrie and running picks.

Assisting off them seems too easy, however the AI aren't giving me anything else bar the roller.

I nearly got a triple double in my last game off 7mins, was one rebound off and have had Player of the Game in the past three with double doubles in all.
    Could stat crazy on 12mins based on my 7min ones,

I think I might complete a full season for the first time ever(ie 95% games and full off season)
    The new off day additions really do make you want to play the games and not sim through.
    Kudos to 2k for that

I tried Park last night, played 1 game and it was a disaster. Awful teammates but I wasn't any help. Kept dropping the ball when trying to dribble and missing wide open lay up's, like embarrasingly wide open lay up's. No point even trying again until I upgrade my guy more. Enjoying the Nicks, Melo is easy assists but some of the guys are awful. I will have one brilliant game and then a crap one. When I'm cold, I'm freezing! Enjoying going through the season though. Wish I had a full day to sit down and play it, build up some nice VC.

• Advertisement

I tried Park last night, played 1 game and it was a disaster. Awful teammates but I wasn't any help. Kept dropping the ball when trying to dribble and missing wide open lay up's, like embarrasingly wide open lay up's. No point even trying again until I upgrade my guy more. Enjoying the Nicks, Melo is easy assists but some of the guys are awful. I will have one brilliant game and then a crap one. When I'm cold, I'm freezing! Enjoying going through the season though. Wish I had a full day to sit down and play it, build up some nice VC.

I'm able to just build my VC up now as I no longer have a need for it.
    Sitting on 10k.

I've a 69ish PF so the coins will go in there and then I'll make an outside shooting guard and hopefully get him high enough before I use him with the VC ill have.

I'm doing awful in the Park too, 16-31 and I think I won my first 5 and also had about a 4 run with another group.
    I'm doing well enough but you need a balanced team and any squads will have a field day against three randomers.

If yeve no big and they do ye'r as well off not even playing. It's the main reason I made the PF.

Last 5 games in a row have been attrocious. Averaging about 8 points, 2 rebounds and 5 turnovers....awful! Ton of assists but that's all i can do. Can't hit any open jumpshots (currently at 68) and my teammates stop passing me, can't even blame them. I just have to crush on and steadily build up my guy. I think If i go on cold runs, I should just stop and play my team or something.

Actually the cold streak started when i equipped damian lillards jumper.....hhhmmm

Tried MyTeam last night, wow i have a crap team, 1 silver player. Didn't help my default away jersey was some euro team and it was all white!! Disaster everyone on the court in white jerseys. After the game, checked my subs and had 4 more silver players and a NY away jersey so hopefully my next game will go better. Nice break from my career.

I take it the jersey issue happened in an online game?.

I only played the Gauntlet and haven't had a colour clash(even though one of mine is white) though you cant pre pick your jersey like online ranked.

In online ranked anyway you need to be careful and lucky with your jersey pick as you can get white on white.
    There was even a thread on OS with ppl saying they were picking Paddys Day jersies etc and hoping the opponent hasn't done the same.

Comical from 2k.

The Gauntlet is another 2k slip up.

Two issues: One being the game length, game to 21 with 1s and 2s.
    Should be to 21 or max 10mins.
    Second is the audio, no music and no commentary.
    Slugging along for an age with basic sound effects.
    Two needless additions which make a new game mode with potential into a chore of sorts.

The camera in the practice really ruins it. Just terrible implementation.
    Played the scrimmage there and you cant even follow the ball if its out of range.
    Makes fast breaks a blind pass and just all around makes trying anything but a straight opener shooter a fruitless exercise.

What kind of clowns make these decisions?.

Jersey thing happened in domination, just trying to get used my team and their strengths before going online. Got some card from my career connection and it was a gold player, just sticking to connections in future, don't mind them sponsors or training.

Yeah they come out with a great idea and with all the back patting, it's like no one wants to question how they get implemented and stupid simple mistakes are made. I dunno how it can happen every year.

Any recommendations for good connections to make for their my team card?

Jersey thing happened in domination, just trying to get used my team and their strengths before going online. Got some card from my career connection and it was a gold player, just sticking to connections in future, don't mind them sponsors or training.

Yeah they come out with a great idea and with all the back patting, it's like no one wants to question how they get implemented and stupid simple mistakes are made. I dunno how it can happen every year.

Any recommendations for good connections to make for their my team card?

Ya I did that for a good while but ive now got a decent enough collection in myteam, and since my players maxed out it doesn't make sense not to try unlock the attribute slots now.

Even getting Bronze ratings progresses it somewhat though at a slower rate.
    Just annoying if you get a fail, (as the 5 min scrimmage ended).

MyTeam players I've got from Connections so far are:

Conley
    Parker
    Deandre Jordan
    Demar Derozan
    Jimmy Butler
    Tyson Chandler
    Klay Thompson

Only tried Conley in Gauntlet and he was awful in that game, think it was 0-7 or something.
    But the same button lag issues happen so maybe he's not that bad, even one made in future will be an improvement.

I've turned them off since the last of those, felt I had enough for now and in the gauntlet I just need one guy per round. Still a while of playing the other modes in it.

Edit: Seems you can actually sell the players too.
    Thought they'd be untradeable, guess you can use them to gain MT points so.
    Klay goes for 13k and he was an immediate acquirable player... Strange

A guy on my friends list invited into a game last night and we started up a pro-am, my first one. Matched up well with the other team, everyone was between 78 and 88........except for their 7'7 centre rated 99......:(

He wrecked the game. It was really close for the 1st quarter, load of passing on our team and taking open shots, playing really well but then on their possesion, lurch would stand under the basket, they would pass to him and he would standing dunk. Our C couldn't stop him. By the 3rd quarter, some of our guys got frustrated, started taking bad shots and we ended up losing by 10. I had 19 points (out of 48) and finished with a A rating so was happy with that but it could have been a really good game if it wasn't for your man. I thought 2k were putting a stop to that?

A guy on my friends list invited into a game last night and we started up a pro-am, my first one. Matched up well with the other team, everyone was between 78 and 88........except for their 7'7 centre rated 99......:(

He wrecked the game. It was really close for the 1st quarter, load of passing on our team and taking open shots, playing really well but then on their possesion, lurch would stand under the basket, they would pass to him and he would standing dunk. Our C couldn't stop him. By the 3rd quarter, some of our guys got frustrated, started taking bad shots and we ended up losing by 10. I had 19 points (out of 48) and finished with a A rating so was happy with that but it could have been a really good game if it wasn't for your man. I thought 2k were putting a stop to that?

It seems you can still get to 99 alright but its a more "balanced" high rating.

Like for my own PG I can't go higher than 81 3 point shooting but I'm nearly 90 overall.
    So even though I can get that overall higher the particular stats are still capped without any way to get everything into the 90s.
    That guy was probably weak in some places but with max rebounding and inside scoring it would be enough to dominate in an online game.

I finished my first full season last night.
    I was starting PG for the last 3/4 regular season games but then Kyrie returned for the play offs.
    We lost the first two to the Hawks so I just wanted to end the season asap so played individually a small bit more and it was a quick 4 and out.
    Was hoping to just trade away from Cleveland but once the new starts it's straight back with the Cavs and I've to play 10 games to trade.

Got Team Chemistry to 100 but Lebron is still muck so with playing off ball I just want to move somewhere else.

That guy was probably weak in some places but with max rebounding and inside scoring it would be enough to dominate in an online game.

Yeah, like he was slow and couldn't dribble but he got every single rebound and automatic put back. The odd time they didn't use him, it actually played like a proper game on boths sides. Lots of screens, passing and movement, was a lot of fun but then he'd get the ball and everyone would kind of give up. Equivalent of Ronaldo turning up to your local 5 a side on a tuesday night, I would imagine.

• Advertisement

Yeah, like he was slow and couldn't dribble but he got every single rebound and automatic put back. The odd time they didn't use him, it actually played like a proper game on boths sides. Lots of screens, passing and movement, was a lot of fun but then he'd get the ball and everyone would kind of give up. Equivalent of Ronaldo turning up to your local 5 a side on a tuesday night, I would imagine.

Only thing ye could have really done was over play him: second man box outs, swiping every time he caught it(may have had poor FTs too)... Stuff that's annoying to do.

I take it ye had an AI C too?.
    A player will have a much better advantage as a forward than a guard against AI.

I've never personally seen the enjoyment of making a C myself. I've always went for a PF who can hit the mid range and handle the ball and drive.
    Making a player like that means you can only stand under the basket and do the same thing.

Advertisement