Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K16 - A Spike Lee Joint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The new app MyNBA 2k16 is now up on the android store. I'm guessing iphone store as well.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Finished my highschool games, my 6'2 PG is having great fun anklebreaking the other fools before tearing down the rim. The writing is attrocious....i mean really bad.

Used my 10k and upgraded to a 60 rating, had to get rid of my dirty brown clothes of course bit the clothes choice is really limited. I really hope more unlock.

I really like the new passing buttons, pulled off some class plays using fancy passing.

Actually using post moves now as it feels more organic this year.

Did you pick inside/outside or mixed scoring?.

As a 6'0 mixed PG I can only get my shooting stats into the low 80s, it's already 3k per boost and I've only got lower 70 ratings.
    Think the driving lay up goes highest even though I'm mixed.

I'm finding it equally hard this year to get to the basket.
    It's just such a hard game to get by the AI defenders. You try some moves and think you see a gap and you get bumped before you get through it. You use sprint but still find you cant get by
    Hell you even get a mismatch, call an iso and still can't even get some separation
    for a jumper.

Fair enough I'll not quick and my handles are only 70 odd, but id still expect to beat the AI a touch more.
    Even screens, they can fight around the top whereas unless you sag and drop around you get the vibrations and stuck animations. Not sure if defensive ratings will effect fighting around screens, but the AI seems to have an advantage in that situation as the best I can do is hit the roller, have yet to get a jumper or free myself.

Picked mix as i want a 3pt and driving guy. The ratings are a balls this year but it's nice to see a lot of guys missing shots. The new app is only giving me half the vc i got last year. Pity as im mad to do up my court but i need to boost my player first.

Picked mix as i want a 3pt and driving guy. The ratings are a balls this year but it's nice to see a lot of guys missing shots. The new app is only giving me half the vc i got last year. Pity as im mad to do up my court but i need to boost my player first.

You can get team courts from the career connections unless you meant some custom styled.

Got into another Pro-Am yesterday, my second game.
    Really do need to get a team together, we played a team who had two AI and they hammered us.
    We had bigs dribbling and losing it, a rubbish PG and a lad who while scored decent, took nearly every shot.

Until that lad and a big left I had 0 everything, including shots, ended up finishing with 12 odd and rallied us a bit but the game was over by then.

Be much better having your own 2/3 positioned correctly and beating chumps like the team I was on then matching with randomers.

Also on the custom setting in MyTeam, I guessed you needed 30 cards to unlock the lot. It's actually about 50 and doesn't start until 30 odd are collected so its a long process without buying packs.

Yeah i think a team of 4 or 5 from on here or just friends/fellow Irish that you can chat with our even just figure out who is in what position could win a game every time. The best games on My Park last year was when i was on a team with 2 guys who actually passed and took open shots. Played simple basketball but were unstoppable.

If anyone on ps4 fancys a team up, add me sheehy83.

Haven't opened connections yet but i read one guy gets you a chain net your my court. First guy I'll be going to :D

I'm gonna focus on my career to build my guy up for online and tap away at my team to get my collection up by winning/earning packs. Never been so tempted to buy VC but I'm not giving them a penny for it as it will never get better off people are buying it.

• Advertisement

Man this AI defence is really doing my head in now.
    It was just as difficult to get by the AI last year but I was at least able to open space for mid range jump shots.
    I honestly cant even just space for a shot now, the AI is just glued to you no matter where you try go or try to do.
    Even the screens, setting 3/4/5 and he fights over it every single time.

I think they purposely make it like this so you want to buy VC.
    I cant stomach playing on some low difficulty to compensate so the games are such a chore now.
    Like 15 but with the added headache of not being able to get dribble scores, only get a couple of 3s or that.

I guess ill just have to use plays straight up all game and just see what I end with.
    Some plays seem broke though, you end up with no indicators while team mates have them or nothing initiates. Definitely some issues with them anyway.

Definitely issues with the play vision. I think I was meant to set a screen for Johnson in that play.
    There's also another where I was the ball from the wing and as it develops a ball handler arrives at the same spot while my second move doesn't show.

Definitely issues with the play vision.

I'm standing where I initially passed the ball, I think I was meant to set a screen for Johnson in that play. Someone definitely was and I'd assume it was my guy since I'm not moved after the first pass or given a stay put notification.

There's also another where I pass the ball from the wing and as it develops a ball handler arrives at the same spot while my second move doesn't show.

Must keep an eye out for that. Are you running manual or auto plays?

• Advertisement

Must keep an eye out for that. Are you running manual or auto plays?

Manual.

I just held the ball there to see would one start automatically as I wasn't sure if they were, and like last year even on manual plays just run themselves.

That's not to say you cant make the options work right, I set my camera initially "cut" on 2k instead of spin.

I found it too annoying and changed back, however in the park and possibly Pro-Am, MyTeam) where it's the biggest hindrance it's set to cut, and I've checked Youtube since to see was it set as standard, which it's not.

So basically my online camera got set and I'm unable to change it back to spin even though my career camera is correct and its not in the standard options out of game(including park options).

Maybe the play calling can get bugged the same depending where its set.

What exactly is cut and spin in the 2k camera options?

What exactly is cut and spin in the 2k camera options?

Spin is the traditional 2k camera change with a possession swop.
    They added cut this year so it just skips instantly to the proper angle.
    In effect it seems like a good option as you can often end up bending your run on the spin trying to change fluently to adjust with the perspective switch.

However it happens randomly especially on an inbounds, makes them impossible to press(obv hard enough as is) but its a disaster for Park games where turnovers happen more often and unexpectedly.

I changed it somewhere when I first started, either in the install game or first career game and used it for a while.

Then I changed it back but mypark is stuck with it despite not having a camera menu independently and all other offline game modes using spin(even loaded a play now just to set it to see would it help).

Just got drafted 13th to the Suns. Had a great first college game but notes said i had a gorror game and draft stock had dropped. Whatever. Just want to get the story over with, it's awful.

And now server connection is down. F*cking class.

I went 21st with my PG not doing great but winning each game, was projected Top 20 the whole way.
    With my PF I stated well, but didn't have a great team grade rating. Was projected as a top 10 going into the first game and was a "lottery" pick the other three and went 20th.

I played the first 12 odd games but have decided to sim the first on a back to back, want more off days.

Learned the hard way about quitting a game too, I had 4 from 6 days of a 1000vc endorsement done, 2 off days after the game to the deadline. Siming to the end meant it jumps straight to the next match day so wasted the days put into the endorsement.

The training is a good idea but a waste of days early on.
    If you can play on sideline camera you could be grand but I've been destroyed in the PG 1v1 5sec shot clock drills.
    Cant stop or score.

Don't seem to get VC from it either even though the free shooting seems to signify you will.
    Maybe if you wait 15 odd mins you get the coins, an accomplishment hits for shooting 10mins but I've paused and exited out each time barely longer than that...its not made clear if it ends or not and gets boring quick one your two drills are completed.

When do off days kick in? I see my rookie season is only 8 games so i assume it's during the 2nd season?

Played my first nba game last night. Wow...different kettle of fish to college, obviously, but i can't make any open shots with good releases. Got a few dunks, assists and rebounds in my 3 minutes but still got a poor grade. Jaysus, can't wait to get this rookie season over with!

Also i watched 2ktv in my court and never got an option to do a quiz for vc like i read about online. Some good expert tips on it anyway for the devs.

When do off days kick in? I see my rookie season is only 8 games so i assume it's during the 2nd season?

Played my first nba game last night. Wow...different kettle of fish to college, obviously, but i can't make any open shots with good releases. Got a few dunks, assists and rebounds in my 3 minutes but still got a poor grade. Jaysus, can't wait to get this rookie season over with!

Also i watched 2ktv in my court and never got an option to do a quiz for vc like i read about online. Some good expert tips on it anyway for the devs.

Season two ya.

In fairness the little extras add a bit more to the season.
    Makes completing games more of a priority.
    I could defo see myself playing a second season which I don't think I ever did before.

Its nice as well not to have tiered wages, same VC for each game.

I started with Memphis, we lost so much(prob chemistry but Zach was injured long term too and their bench is woeful) I took a trade straight away, thought Brooklyn would be decent but were rated 24th(and played it) so jumped to the Cavs late last night.

I went from low minute sub for the first two, to starting SG with the second most mins on the Cavs(they were 100% interested so maybe that factors your mins).

I've only been playing 6min quarters too, just trying to get VC asap, I was getting 600-800 off 6mins as a sub.
    Played a 12 min with the Cavs to try knock a few accomps and barely got over 900.
    There really isn't a point playing a full game VC wise.
    Had 11-6-10 in that 12 min game too, while the regular 6-2-4 was yielding nearly as much.

Wow... Have an interesting slight game related story.

A few days ago I moved the xbox to my room to give the sitting room to a guest.
    Took the disc out as per the Ones directions.

Went to move back the console today and tried to take the disc out and noticed it was still in the box, in the place I left it originally.

Tried to start the game as I 100% hadn't touched the disc since taking it out.

Wouldn't work.

Went into OpSports there and ppl have a thread on it from a few days back, X1 and Jordan edition seem to be the trend(id Tip off edition).

They must have patched it just through the night but the game was working without the disc for a few days, didn't even notice until today.

Well online 5v5 is just as annoying as before.

Been picking Tier 2 so far.
    Won first few then got absolutely cheesed in the last.

Annoying bits all game but basically last minute I have a 1 pt lead and my C gives an offensive 3 second.
    Thats just pure muck considering you don't control them.

Then just after that I steal and fast break and get it knocked out of my hands under ridicules circumstances(was miles clear with Deng) going up for a dunk and he chucks it down to Lebron and takes a 3 point lead with the game basically over...3 point loss.

Absolutely nobody picking anything bar the top teams so think ill sacrifice the "bonus wins" and handicapping myself playing with lesser teams.
    Also didn't get the bonus win on time when he quit out so makes it less incentive.

• Advertisement

Ah that sounds disappointing.

Man, I will never watch a Spike Lee film again after this tripe.Jaysus completely bored of this tripe story mode.

Just got a D in my 2nd nba game. Total disaster, if i had a physical copy of the game, it would be going out the window :pac:

Ah that sounds disappointing.

Man, I will never watch a Spike Lee film again after this tripe.Jaysus completely bored of this tripe story mode.

Just got a D in my 2nd nba game. Total disaster, if i had a physical copy of the game, it would be going out the window :pac:

The big difference to the team mate grading is the "ball movement" and "spacing".... As in the difference between good scores and bad scores will be just getting off ball and letting your team mates work away. It's nearly a full level jump alone when you get the two together.

I decided to just play the game as is with the Cavs, which is off-ball. The more I try force things with my guy the worse I do.

Yeah the game after went way better even though i had hardly any points, assists, etc. Just got a good score for basically staying out of the way. Not very fun.

Just 2 more games in my rookie season, couldn't give a **** what happens on the court, just want to get this story over with.

Mad to try my park but my rated 60 guy will be awful at this point.

I'm sick to death of losing a whole rating letter for holding the ball too long. If i don't get past a guy with 1 iso move, i get docked. Even get docked for getting stuck in an animation trying to pass. Then my teammates don't get open and i turnover with a dodgy pass just to get rid of the ball. Why the **** are 2k trying to stop me playing basketball.

I'm sick to death of losing a whole rating letter for holding the ball too long. If i don't get past a guy with 1 iso move, i get docked. Even get docked for getting stuck in an animation trying to pass. Then my teammates don't get open and i turnover with a dodgy pass just to get rid of the ball. Why the **** are 2k trying to stop me playing basketball.

One way to avoid this is to call picks.

When I'm just playing freelance and hogging the ball I rarely get these as I'm calling 4/5 picks or resetting the isolation play(though that's mainly at the end of a quarter, its still worth noting the iso ends after 6/7 seconds which is why late you have to restart it numerous times until about 7secs or players will leave it), maybe if you don't reset the play the holding comes in as the players readjust and nothings been played.

LeBron is pure tripe in this again, under AI control anyway.
    Just like last year he has awful games regularly.
    One today he had 5 TOs(in a 6min quarter game) and just generally performs bad.

I thought initially the lack of doubling the opponent in career was sorted but Monta Ellis went 13-18 against us there and no two AI players went to stop him at any point.
    Just wish they had a double indicator thrown in where its not always you having to go to try double and when it is your turn your advised on screen.

Haven't scored enough to see what happens to you being doubled and if its as annoying as last year but I have scored 10+ a few times and in some cases last year if that was hit by a certain time point it would come regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Shooting is starting to annoy me now. Im 80 rated and cant make some simple shots. Also C+ and D rated shots are robbing. But A- and B+ shots arent. #logic

I feel as though my shot got worse as I pushed it higher.
    I'm not far off max now and have a high 70/possible low 80 mid range and high 70s three and they seem to fall less than they did at lower 70s.

I've missed so many mid range, wide open with a B+. That seems to be the common accompanying rating.

I keep meaning to try Sim settings as I'm getting more fed up of the opposition sinking basically 90% open shots and 50%+ from contested while I'm missing easy shots and team mates are equally rubbish(LeBron went 0-7 earlier and its common though that he has howlers... Hoping 100% Chem fixes that, either that or ita different sliders for the opposition).

One way to avoid this is to call picks.

Yupp sound! I think my problem is I don't run plays, I like freestylin :o, but Picks seems to get coach off my back. I think I'll have to look at a few plays, see if any suit me.

Yeah, I'm hoping team chemistry solves a lot of the missing shots issues. Previous years, getting team chemistry up to the 80's made a huge difference to the gameplay.

Yupp sound! I think my problem is I don't run plays, I like freestylin :o, but Picks seems to get coach off my back. I think I'll have to look at a few plays, see if any suit me.

Yeah, I'm hoping team chemistry solves a lot of the missing shots issues. Previous years, getting team chemistry up to the 80's made a huge difference to the gameplay.

Our team chemistry is only around 80% now.
    I've spent some off days boosting it when no connections popped up.

In terms of plays the ones named Quick are off ball catch and shoots through screens for your player.

I always have to call them myself though as the Cavs just call the same 4/5 plays with me, generally in the corner(and never left open regardless of the drive being successful).

They're the only way I get good open looks, apart from that you're just waiting for the odd time where your defender leaves to help.

FIST seem to a lot like Iso, which is obviously self explanatory. Just pick and rolls with two man games.

I think HAWK plays are also shooting plays but I don't have any myself to check.
    I only have Iso/FIST and QUICK, Quick are at the very end of the play book.

• Advertisement

I like how you can at least take the ball over half court and call a play yourself even not as the designated PG.
    Slows the game down having to, but at least its an option.

I've got my player up to an 80 already.

The dunking, or minimum needed to, is odd though.
    I'm 6"0, my vertical is above 80. I can't dunk in my court but I had a game yesterday where I dunked twice.
    Game or two later, I get a fast break and lay it up.

Can also dunk in the park, though I suspect, like last year, that the rim is lower as I remembered dunking there when I was unable in career :/

Advertisement