Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

Fire1985 wrote: »
    The panels the same as the last campaign. About 150 . 3/4 classes

I’ve heard at least 200-300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

I’ve heard at least 200-300

200 is possible but a panel of 300 will take 5/6 years to use up which is too long . That’s if they do the max class of 48 a year . The problem is there’s still recruits on shift who still need to do the paramedic course so this will affect class numbers from the panel . Don’t forget there’s still 10 escs to join the next 3 classes aswell . Doesn’t add up but you never no . Say they cut it to 600 after stage 2. That means every 2nd person gets on the panel which is madness and won’t happen .

They usually interview at least 3 per position .

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Logically the maths on this one is far to close in theory*, I personally think this is for a group of 150 on panel or so. Again it's all hearsay unless PAS/DCC want to confirm. There are two posters on here if I remember that had reliable information on stats, so they could know the layout number wise.

*people dropping out, dropouts/failing interview, failing medical, failing physical, dropping out at them stages, dropping out at end (madness!)

Here is a bit of an odd question well two questions.

DCC are conducting the interviews, do they do them on Saturday does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Here is a bit of an odd question well two questions.

DCC are conducting the interviews, do they do them on Saturday does anyone know?

No. Interviews are done Monday to Friday.

• Advertisement

Fire1985 wrote: »
    200 is possible but a panel of 300 will take 5/6 years to use up which is too long . That’s if they do the max class of 48 a year . The problem is there’s still recruits on shift who still need to do the paramedic course so this will affect class numbers from the panel . Don’t forget there’s still 10 escs to join the next 3 classes aswell . Doesn’t add up but you never no . Say they cut it to 600 after stage 2. That means every 2nd person gets on the panel which is madness and won’t happen .

They usually interview at least 3 per position .

I heard they are doing two classes now and one in May 2020 and one in June both finish October and November
    Quick turn arounds

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

I heard they are doing two classes now and one in May 2020 and one in June both finish October and November
    Quick turn arounds

Hopefully that’s true but have they enough facilities in the OBI to cater for that many recruits at once? And are there enough instructors?

Hopefully that’s true but have they enough facilities in the OBI to cater for that many recruits at once? And are there enough instructors?

I believe so there was a exercise the 24th/10 with 60+ recruits From what I’ve heard

They are desperate for workers more fire brigades opening up in Dublin soon loads retirement etc
    They are looking for a bit of women and foreigners for this recruitment too

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

Quick turn arounds

The Panel will be formed after interview in OOM based on the criteria for stage 5 set out in the original information document issued on the advertisement of the competition , have a read !

A panel of 300 is probably wishful on all our behalfs. From what i heard I dont think the OBI would cope with more than 1 class of both FF/Paramedic per year while carrying out all its other functions also . But my fingers and toes are crossed aswell.

And i would say don't believe all you heard about the start date but it actually gives a from/to date of when people will need to be available to attend training in the stage 2 information booklet , get that into ye aswell bud !

• Advertisement

I believe so there was a exercise the 24th/10 with 60+ recruits From what I’ve heard

Correct , it was on their Twitter feed !

davinci88 wrote: »
    Correct , it was on their Twitter feed !

Was 7th Nov !!

davinci88 wrote: »
    Was 7th Nov !!

Yes true was meant to be at it but was on a plane

Stage 2 beginning today. Good luck everyone!

How was stage two everyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

So who has been through stage 2? Did you have time to complete all of the questions? I'm up on Wed morning first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

didds wrote: »
    So who has been through stage 2? Did you have time to complete all of the questions? I'm up on Wed morning first thing.

Having time to complete the questions will vary from person to person. Some will finish with time to spare, some will run out of time

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Tardis wrote: »
    Having time to complete the questions will vary from person to person. Some will finish with time to spare, some will run out of time

Just wondering how it compared to the test prep material examples that were sent out to us.

Just wondering how it compared to the test prep material examples that were sent out to us.

Careful Now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

I wasn't sent any examples and I'm in Wednesday morning

• Advertisement

Rob_1990 wrote: »
    I wasn't sent any examples and I'm in Wednesday morning

There was a link to the examples in the message giving your placing from PAS on the message board !!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mr cowen

is it an official invite that has to be printed off or is it the "stage 1 results" email or the "confirmation of self booking" email.

mr cowen wrote: »
    is it an official invite that has to be printed off or is it the "stage 1 results" email or the "confirmation of self booking" email.

Invite to stage 2 ! With your Name , Candidate number , Date and time of attendance !

Also a screenshot or an open messageboard on your phone will do ! They will inspect that and your ID and take your passport photo off you !

Its just to confirm your Identity and prove that someone else isn't sitting the exam for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone that's been in how long did the session last roughly?

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone that's been in how long did the session last roughly?

In and around 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

Well how wrong they where

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

in all fairness that is a genuine reason why some people fail. they are **** a math's. i for one am not very good at math's in saying that math's that i need to know for the job i am doing i will make it my business to know the best i can. i made it to stage 2 in the A Category thank god but i will be honest with myself stage 2 math's got me not because of the actual answers of the actual equations it was all the mumble jumble reading you had to do first with very little time to do it hope i passed enough of them we will see.

Shamrock12 wrote: »
    in all fairness that is a genuine reason why some people fail. they are **** a math's. i for one am not very good at math's in saying that math's that i need to know for the job i am doing i will make it my business to know the best i can. i made it to stage 2 in the A Category thank god but i will be honest with myself stage 2 math's got me not because of the actual answers of the actual equations it was all the mumble jumble reading you had to do first with very little time to do it hope i passed enough of them we will see.

It’s not an easy stage at all but everyone is doing the same tests. It’s the fairest method I’ve seen a public service competition run through the first couple stages in so far as no one can do these tests for you. There was a section I found to be harder than expected but if I found that I’m sure others did too. I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself, the maths is tough especially for those of us who are out of school a long time and are not used to those mathematical problems

Shamrock12, what's done is done now, best just forgetting about it and wait on results and your not alone on the maths side of things. If you wanted 100% in that Maths test you would easily need 60 mins, I really don't think they are expecting 100% or even it to be fully completed either.

I would agree with Atlantic101 also, it's very fairly run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Did the test yesterday first 3 i found ok.
    When it came to maths one i was so wrong!!
    I know i got a few right but i found the questions were worded in a way you had to keep reading it over and over.

I did alot of practice, But the maths i think in general was not suited for the role of a fire fighter in my opinion.

I am wondering what the pass rate be in the maths side of it.

Advertisement