Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 radar12

A family member is gutted here today. He passed the test but was placed around 1150, missing out on progressing to round 2. He aced every aptitude test last time (2015) scoring in the top 100 on some , and got as far as interview, just missing out in the end . He can’t believe he scored so badly in this one and is baffled. He has been waiting for the last 4 years for this opportunity to come up again. Does anyone with any experience in this area think that DCC will call anymore candidates to round 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 upc tech

So I think this is a fix my wife applied for this the same time as me and we both done the tests at the very same time. We answered every question the same and she has been place on the order of merit at just above 600 and I've been placed in the 1900 range very same answers anybody know anything about it should I contact the public appointments office??

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

radar12 wrote: »
    A family member is gutted here today. He passed the test but was placed around 1150, missing out on progressing to round 2. He aced every aptitude test last time (2015) scoring in the top 100 on some , and got as far as interview, just missing out in the end . He can’t believe he scored so badly in this one and is baffled. He has been waiting for the last 4 years for this opportunity to come up again. Does anyone with any experience in this area think that DCC will call anymore candidates to round 2?

If you didn’t make it to top 932 it’s game over for you.
    Dust yourself off and go again in a few years.
    If they are in fact looking to take on a panel of 300, it’s very strange they are only taking 932 to the next round considering they interviewed nearly 700 people for 150 places last time.
    Anyone who has made it this far has a
    Very good chance of getting into a panel of 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

bono_v wrote: »
    If you didn’t make it to top 932 it’s game over for you.
    Dust yourself off and go again in a few years.
    If they are in fact looking to take on a panel of 300, it’s very strange they are only taking 932 to the next round considering they interviewed nearly 700 people for 150 places last time.
    Anyone who has made it this far has a
    Very good chance of getting into a panel of 300.

That's rubbish. If he got 1150 I'd nearly guarantee he gets to the aptitude test. They're testing 932 it'll take the top 1500 to fill that 932.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

upc tech wrote: »
    So I think this is a fix my wife applied for this the same time as me and we both done the tests at the very same time. We answered every question the same and she has been place on the order of merit at just above 600 and I've been placed in the 1900 range very same answers anybody know anything about it should I contact the public appointments office??

If you answered all questions the same would it not flag especially if using same IP address etc. Other could be a gender balance ? Only suggestions. I'd be careful Calling the Public Appointment Office and putting your partners chances in jeopardy.

• Advertisement

What was your score, and hers? You can ask for a review.

However, sharing answers is a breach of the candidate's obligations, so you will be disqualified if it comes to their attention.

I only done this to see if it was fixed as I thought it was the last time. she has no Interest in joining

I only done this to see if it was fixed as I thought it was the last time. she has no Interest in joining

My score was 510 hers 567

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

kingstevii wrote: »
    That's rubbish. If he got 1150 I'd nearly guarantee he gets to the aptitude test. They're testing 932 it'll take the top 1500 to fill that 932.

The top 932 are going through to round 2 aptitude tests.

As for the same answers in the same test at the same time, maybe they suspected cheating, which it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

If they are testing 932 then they are testing 932.
    All previous esc and fire fighter DFB competitions with initial online tests NEVER, I repeat, NEVER asked for anymore than the initial number called forward. But there is a first time for everything I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

There’s an example of why people will be getting called up to fill the 932, people apply for these competitions and have no intent of going for the job so DCC have to call up the next batch to fill in there place

• Advertisement

Jordon_k wrote: »
    There’s an example of why people will be getting called up to fill the 932, people apply for these competitions and have no intent of going for the job so DCC have to call up the next batch to fill in there place

I agree sure we can all hope I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jordon_k

I agree sure we can all hope I guess

Sure the last recruitment they took 1500 through to stage 2 the first 1000 were called and 500 were called after due to people failing not turning up or had been exposed as cheating according to career services

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

bono_v wrote: »
    If they are testing 932 then they are testing 932.
    All previous esc and fire fighter DFB competitions with initial online tests NEVER, I repeat, NEVER asked for anymore than the initial number called forward. But there is a first time for everything I suppose.

That's what I said. They're testing 932.there's no way the first 932 are all going to even apply for the aptitude tests, so they keep working through the order of merit until the 932 aptitude tests are filled.
    We've already an example of a woman who got 600th and she's no intention of doing the aptitude test. How many more are like her out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Jordon_k wrote: »

Or just don't meet the standard. Next stages be interesting. No cheating/Extra accounts on day. I done a few appitude tests with PAS, ESB and IE previously. Absolutely delighted this stage is in house and surprised, it's annoying when you follow the rules at home, get ruled out and it's in your mind, if others followed the same. If I miss out at stage 2, I will be happy in the knowledge it's been fair to that point.

That's what I said. They're testing 932.there's no way the first 932 are all going to even apply for the aptitude tests, so they keep working through the order of merit until the 932 aptitude tests are filled.
    We've already an example of a woman who got 600th and she's no intention of doing the aptitude test. How many more are like her out there?

What I am trying to find out is are they favouring women and pushing them higher up the order of merit how else can this be explained the massive gap in places?

My score was 510 hers 567

That could be down to gender, could be down to you selecting one option differently, even inadvertently.

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    That could be down to gender, could be down to you selecting one option differently, even inadvertently.

Should the competion not be equal to everyone

It should in an ideal world. However, they also need to balance the workforce and encourage women into roles where males are more dominant, so I assume they are legally allowed to give more points. I still however think, there is some difference in the both tests. The margins are slim on these tests, one difference could put you down a few 100 places.

Been honest, it is annoying. You can ring up, more than likely get both tests void or sit it out and play your cards right, your other OOM isn't that poorly, PAS could move onto the next batch.

It should not in an ideal world. However, they also need to balance the workforce, so I assume they are legally allowed to give more points. I still however think, there is some difference in the both tests. The margins are slim on these tests, one difference could put you down a few 100 places.

Been honest, it is annoying. You can ring up, more than likely get both tests void or sit it out and play your cards right, your other OOM isn't they poorly, PAS could move onto the next batch.

Thanks think I'll sit it out and hope for the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Jesus wept....what planet are you living on? You just admitted to blatantly cheating, and you are claiming a gender based conspiracy? You got what you deserved

• Advertisement

Conair79 wrote: »
    Jesus wept....what planet are you living on? You just admitted to blatantly cheating, and you are claiming a gender based conspiracy? You got what you deserved

Oh get off your high horse I didn't cheat it was an exercise to see if the scores would be different now climb back under your rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Oh get off your high horse I didn't cheat it was an exercise to see if the scores would be different now climb back under your rock.

So you wouldnt go through to the next round if successful? Just a social experiment? Results are in....your wife is smarter than you

Conair79 wrote: »
    So you wouldnt go through to the next round if successful? Just a social experiment? Results are in....your wife is smarter than you

Couldn't agree with you more😉

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jimmy113

It should in an ideal world. However, they also need to balance the workforce and encourage women into roles where males are more dominant, so I assume they are legally allowed to give more points. I still however think, there is some difference in the both tests. The margins are slim on these tests, one difference could put you down a few 100 places.

Been honest, it is annoying. You can ring up, more than likely get both tests void or sit it out and play your cards right, your other OOM isn't that poorly, PAS could move onto the next batch.

It doesn’t sound like they would get anywhere near the OOM of 1900 but I could be wrong???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CalvingCows

Evening All

Came in at 489 on stage 1, so I take it from reading that wasn't too bad!

I had planned to do one of the courses in Dublin a few weeks back, but couldn't get cover!

Anyone know of any been ran before stage 2?

I'v had interview exp and came no.1 on a retained panel but could really do with some tips for aptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tj376

Quadrivium wrote: »
    How do you know what your score was?

I didn't see any score in the message I got, just the placement number.
    My husbands score came in a 2nd message

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

932 on the order of merit doesn't necessarily equate to 932 individuals. In simple terms, it works like a golf leaderboard. You have your 1st place, then you have 15 people tied for second place for example, meaning the next position is 17th. In theory there could be over 200 people joint 932 on the order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

lostox wrote: »
    932 on the order of merit doesn't necessarily equate to 932 individuals. In simple terms, it works like a golf leaderboard. You have your 1st place, then you have 15 people tied for second place for example, meaning the next position is 17th. In theory there could be over 200 people joint 932 on the order of merit.

Question as from the feedback form it's states that people from 547 and above are category A. Does that mean they are the top scores?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Does anyone know if time answering questions is taken into play? Those with equal answers could be docked for taking too long to answer the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Question as from the feedback form it's states that people from 547 and above are category A. Does that mean they are the top scores?

Correct. If you are 932 or better on the order of merit you are Category A. The best of the best!:rolleyes:

Advertisement