Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Stick with it. There is a HUGE amount of story in the game, but it's up to you to find it. It's in the item names and descriptions etc.
    There is a guy who is very famous for doing great videos on the lore. Vattividya I think he's called. Give 1 or 2 a watch.

There are still some awesome bosses to come, and the DLC has some amazing ones too.

The are some really cool bosses coming up.

I'll get back to it eventually and despite the flaws I do enjoy it in fits and starts, I love the general aesthetic and it has the classic Japanese quirkiness which I like. The way they designed the character progression and the weapon scaling and how the two work together is very smart and probably the best of any RPG I've played. I'm just bad at finishing RPGs in general, Red Dead 2 and Witcher 3 are both still half finished as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just finished the platinum on this today and apart from tracking down the rings it was an enjoyable jaunt. Found it the easiest of the Soulsborne series to get through in terms of the difficulty, however I have been playing a lot of them recently so that may skew it slightly.

Roll on Elden Ring.

I'm fighting Yhorm now. He doesn't seem to bad, I've only made 2 attempts and the first time I didn't know about the sword you're supposed to use :pac: it was ok but it was going to take a while! My heavy claymore +7 was doing almost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭KurtBarlow

The simple fact is you don't have to do it that way. If your good enough you can kill every enemy on that path to the boss

Just because your bad at the game doesnt mean its broken . Plenty of people find them quite easy

• Advertisement

Ooof, looks like I touched nerve here :pac: Did I insult your precious game? I'm very sorry. People who have poured hundreds of hours into the game find them easy, and the boss fights are too easy. I have a life outside of gaming unlike most of the people who play dark souls. You shouldn't be so defensive, my criticisms were accurate and overall I do like the game.

Apologies I shouldn't have been so abrupt however I strongly disagree with the following sentence but it is easier if you've played them as much as I have , you should try bloodborne if you haven't

''read a walkthrough or watch a youtube video and they all tell you you just have to keep trying to run past all the enemies to get to the next bonfire because that's the only way to do it. Why design a game like that?''

Threw this on for a while the other night, and it's actually playable now on the series X thanks to the fps boost magic but still at 900p. Tempted to give it another full now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Left this down for quite a bit after getting as far as New Londo Ruins. Picked it up this week again and I think I'm not far from the end. Nearly on to the last of the 4 bosses before I fight the final boss. I know the DLC comes highly recommended but was just wondering if anyone here could tell me how long the DLC is and if its very hard? Don't want to enter it and find I'm having too hard a time. I'm Level 80 at the moment. Would it be as much a difficulty spike as the Bloodborne DLC, I found that very hard and I tried it just before the final boss?

I have my eye on starting into SMT V next week when it drops and wondering if I do Dark Souls DLC will I get it wrapped up in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So after finishing Elden Ring I decided to actually give this a proper go. I've had it in backlog for about 2 years now.

Have to say I'm enjoying it. Went with a strength build but feel like I should have went dex. Decided on strength and in ER was a dex character. I do hope I can respec at some point.

Beat the crystal sage today and progressed through a decent amount of the next area.

Elden Ring feels like the evolution of this but surprised how similar it is. You start to realise how fromsoft have refined enemies over the years rather that creating a bunch of new ones everytime.

Anyone still playing? Be up for coop at some point if anyone is

• Advertisement

I've actually gone back to DS3 after getting slightly burnt out on Elden Ring and it's still so good. I only played it for the first time in 2020 or '21 and I haven't finished it. I'm just after beating one of the main bosses a bit further ahead of you and now I'm making my way through the grand archives, some annoying enemies but I'm making progress. I think I'm level 85 or around there, but my stats are a mess because I never focused on any particular build and just dumped points into whatever I felt like, never played a Souls game before this. I think I must only be a few bosses from the end but I've no idea don't want to spoiler anything. Id be up for coop if you're on PC, can DM you my steam id.

Ah happy days, didn't think anyone would still be playing it, im playing on PC too😊

I think I'm level 30 something.

By main boss does that mean the chairs in the shrine will get occupied? One of the npcs there hinted at that

After each boss bar enemy I've gone back to the shrine but no new guys in the seats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If I remember right if you stand on the seat you can use their soul or whatever item you got from defeating them to be able to buy new weapons. Or maybe you talk to the NPC again and he gives you the option or something.

Yeah you give him an item and then he can covert the boss souls to items, I did not know this till today and burned the boss souls I had, only realised after crystal sage.

Sage soul is magic though so I'll probably just burn that for a quick hit of souls. So hopefully none of the other souls I've burned had anything too valuable.

I got a black night greatsword earlier, he was a melt to fight,died a good few times on him. Atm working up to 30 strength to use that.

Is the armor like elden ring? Like theres not gonna be a massive difference between sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm playing a bit but only trying to invade and kill the host to get an item, not having much luck with both people being online or killing the host when I do join 😂

Terrible at pvp, love the game though!

There seems to be some connection issues for me, I put something on and was getting summoned as a blue warrior but a few times I just couldn't hit the invader at all but they can hit me.

Then disconnect about a minute later after frantically dodging all over the place🤦😅

Coop seemed to be ok though, I summoned someone for Vordt.

After killing deacons of deep I got totally lost, was ruining around for about an hour looking for somewhere to go, had to look it up. Turns out where I was seems to be optional, amazing, totally massive dungeon that ye don't need to do far as I know😅

Post edited by EoinHef on

Ended up making it to the Abyss watchers...Needless to say it didn't go well😅

Deacons isn't optional 👀 you got something you need later 😂

Was such a heart pumper when I finally beat them!!

I thought this is handy enough, got first phase done with about 2 estus. Then second phase started and I dont think I landed a hit before being demolished😅

• Advertisement

Mig have to start a new game altogether as I think my leve is too high after multiple Ng+ for online play

All of a sudden I'm getting big hitches in frametimes, game just stalls for about a second every 30 seconds or so.

Only thing I've done differently recently is play it on big sitting room TV instead of monitor. Back on the monitor now and it's killing it for me.

Came out of nowhere, pretty annoying, wotked fine for about 12hrs🤔

Also can you bypass the level requirement for online by using a password like in elden ring? I was on Journey 3 while helping a friend on his first playthrough in ER

Man Aldrich was a right pain....died a bunch of times until I realised you just gotta stay right on top of him.

Was getting wrecked when I was slowly making my way in

Aldrich was a prick the first time and subsequent times, don't find him to hard now. There's also a spell you can use to stop him using magic so pretty much negates the boss altogether 😂

Got through a bunch of bosses today.

Ocerios, Dancer and Yhom.

Although have to say siegward carried me for Yhom😅

I reckon I've messed up a ton of quests so I looked one or two up today, siegward being one. Most of the rest I've missed but tbh if I finish the game I'll be happy enough.

Also saw there's a secret area for a boss, archdragon peak so got there. Still to fight the boss though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nasty boss there. Definitely end game stuff after you're near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Getting Siegward all the way to that point on your first playthrough is an acheivement itself, playing blind as i do, i always missed him in a place or two to progress him to that end point.

But yeah, near the end, unless you have the two DLC's, then you got a long way to go yet :D

And not sure if its been said, but you can respecc, its costly from what i remember, there is a section in the building you fight the Deacons if i recall correctly, its an NPC in the upper levels, pretty sure a specific item is required, you might have it on you already, but im pretty sure you dont get many of them through each play through, unless they changed it, so you cant respecc all willy nilly 😄

Well I got to the top of archdragon peak...

Did what I had to do to get the boss ready then spent the next 40 mins looking for the fog wall, missing the obvious😅🤦

Thought I had found him but turned out to be some guy called havel, he was pretty sturdy but got him.

Eventually found the fog wall and all I have to say is the camera is a joke, no idea how you can see enough to avoid the attacks. Didn't get past the first phase, was close once but that's it.

I did beat the dragon armor guy and got through the archives but had to leave it at what I reckon is the final boss, bunch of messages in front of the door hinting at it, didnt even try im just too tired now, I'll save the surprise for tomorrow.

A little issue I'm finding a bit annoying is carry weight, like stamina and vitality being separate makes it painful. Wearing a ring to increase it but still feels pitifully low given some weapons are so heavy.

I do have the GOTY edition so maybe the DLC will give me enough levels to actually equip some of them.

Got this finished last night, not much of an ending but I saw the credits roll.

I'd imagine the better endings are behind the quests but happy enough to just finish it.

Reckon I'll need a bit of a break from souls games for a bit, I'll come back at some point and have a look at the dlc and maybe see about the name less king but for now happy enough to take a break from getting my ass kicked😅

• Advertisement

Nameless King was a bastard but I eventually could beat the first phase easy enough and I might have eh cheesed the second phase 😂

I'm the opposite though, I wanted more so the DLC was great and then played and yet to finish DS2 so might start that...again 😀

Advertisement