Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

After soloing the twin princes, I had a pixel of health left. Managed to more or less get the little one at all times so he only tried to revive the big dude once and I killed him as he was getting on his back. I subscribed to PS+ just to get by these two before which makes this an even sweeter victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nice Doc, Congrats :)

what build ya going with?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

After soloing the twin princes, I had a pixel of health left. Managed to more or less get the little one at all times so he only tried to revive the big dude once and I killed him as he was getting on his back. I subscribed to PS+ just to get by these two before which makes this an even sweeter victory.

Love that fight.

Fair play for beating nameless before that one! (I sure as hell didn't!)

nix wrote: »
    Nice Doc, Congrats :)

what build ya going with?

This time round I went for a dex build. Not at my PS4 right now but from memory I've 37 vigor and endurance and prisoners chain adds 5 to those so 42. About 30 dex and 20 strength. Everything else is same since starting. Been using a +10 black blade and a +5 Irithyll Straight Sword. Soul of Cinder is current wall, dunno how I managed 1st time before.

Also plan on doing both DLC 'S, never killed either Gael or Midir last time.

Soul of Cinder down. I really struggled with him, I must have got lucky last time. I came so close to just giving up and summoning, so glad I didn't. I can now say I have completed both DS and DS3 solo, not even NPC'S. Now do I go on with DLC or play something else. Decisions, decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Soul of Cinder down. I really struggled with him, I must have got lucky last time. I came so close to just giving up and summoning, so glad I didn't. I can now say I have completed both DS and DS3 solo, not even NPC'S. Now do I go on with DLC or play something else. Decisions, decisions.

DLC...

Gael is an amazing fight.
    The first fight of the DLC is amazing too (but getting there past the lazer bitches ...eughhh..what a pain if you don't know what to do)
    Midir...fck that guy honestly.

You should continue DS3 while you're on a roll and in the groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i have been looking at a lad on twitch trying to pass the 3 dark souls games in a row without getting hit. I've seen him pass the games individually without taking a hit, but he has yet managed 3 in a row.

link

he does take fall damage to use the red tearstone ring (if i am thinking of the right ring)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

SeantheMan wrote: »
    DLC...

Gael is an amazing fight.
    The first fight of the DLC is amazing too (but getting there past the lazer bitches ...eughhh..what a pain if you don't know what to do)
    Midir...fck that guy honestly.

You should continue DS3 while you're on a roll and in the groove.

Midir is surprisingly easy once you learn his move set, in saying that i spent nearly 2 weeks trying to beat him.

Also, mild spoiler. Never summon the NPC for that fight, makes it a lot harder.

I'll try the DLC later. Got a good bit through AoA for a break from Nameless. Looking forward to Friede again. I never beat Gael last game and couldn't find Midir. I'll have to look him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up the complete edition on the PSN store over the weekend for €25. Haven't played a Souls game properly since Demons', I'm going to have to force myself to patient with it, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

2smiggy wrote: »
    i have been looking at a lad on twitch trying to pass the 3 dark souls games in a row without getting hit. I've seen him pass the games individually without taking a hit, but he has yet managed 3 in a row.

link

he does take fall damage to use the red tearstone ring (if i am thinking of the right ring)
    Otzdarva, a popular YouTube personality in the Dark Souls community, beat Dark Souls 2 SOTFS without taking any damage, including fall damage. Was amazing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Haven't touched the Souls series in ages. How do the last 2 stack up?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

3 is the best of the series imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I started 2 recently for the first time and love it.

It's actually a great time to start playing 2 if you like online play. Their Reddit community is having a mass playthrough for the next month so it's probably going to be your only chance of playing it with an active online community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Evade

2 isn't as good as 1 or 3 but it's not the horrible game it's sometimes made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

2 is great in it's own way. You can become insanely overpowered.
    For me though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

derfderf wrote: »
    For me though

2 had its fair share of problems, mostly with the fact that the DS 1 & 3 director Hidetaka Miyazaki decided to focus on Bloodborne instead.

Some of the choices they made (like the dying curtails your health bar) were generally poorly received.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Evade

For me though
    I'd stick Demon's Souls at the top of that ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

3 was an outstanding return to form for me.

Impossible not to miss the world connections in one though.

Is Ashes of Ariandel any good? Is it standalone? Or is it a new area?

I might have a spare Dark Souls 3 key

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Saw it on sale but I figured I'd have enough to be getting on with. Heard mixed things about DS2 since Miyazaki wasn't around for that but I'm sure I'll give it a go at some point. I know he came back for the third installment.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Saw it on sale but I figured I'd have enough to be getting on with. Heard mixed things about DS2 since Miyazaki wasn't around for that but I'm sure I'll give it a go at some point. I know he came back for the third installment.

What platform are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

LETS JAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Evade wrote: »
    I'd stick Demon's Souls at the top of that ranking.

I didn't have a PS3 so never played Demon souls. You're not the first person I've seen suggest it though.

What platform are you using?

PC. I have a PS3 but it's so dust covered that I think I'll just get rid of it at some point.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

For me though

Sums up what I was going to say. I have a soft spot for 2, but it doesn't play as well as 3. I can't connect with 3 on any level beyond purely gameplay, though. It feels a bit... hollow.

Is Ashes of Ariandel any good? Is it standalone? Or is it a new area?

I might have a spare Dark Souls 3 key

Ashes is OK, quite short and is a new area. New area with
    2 boss fights, one underwhelming and one amazing IMO
    . Worth a punt of you can get it cheap. Ringed City, IMO, is amazing.

I would personally rank them in order of preference as 3,1 then 2. Demons probably tied with 1 for me although had I played it when it came out it would probably be higher. I first played Demons Souls a few months ago.

Gave a family member a lend of 3 last week. I then got abusive messages and was told the game was uninstalled. He gave up at Iudex FFS. Think I'll disown him haha.

Ashes is OK, quite short and is a new area. New area with
    2 boss fights, one underwhelming and one amazing IMO
    . Worth a punt of you can get it cheap. Ringed City, IMO, is amazing.

I would personally rank them in order of preference as 3,1 then 2. Demons probably tied with 1 for me although had I played it when it came out it would probably be higher. I first played Demons Souls a few months ago.

Gave a family member a lend of 3 last week. I then got abusive messages and was told the game was uninstalled. He gave up at Iudex FFS. Think I'll disown him haha.

Would I have to start the game from scratch to play the new area if I don't have a save?

• Advertisement

Would I have to start the game from scratch to play the new area if I don't have a save?

Yes

Thats not a bad thing though, chance to focus on a new build :)

Advertisement