Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z GFS has temperatures in France getting up to 42 on Tuesday. If this happens it will be the hottest June day in France since 1968, which holds the record at 43. The all time record for France is 44.1 set in August 2003 during the same plume that gave England it's the record high.

51-778_gbx6.GIF

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

12Z GFS has temperatures in France getting up to 42 on Tuesday. If this happens it will be the hottest June day in France since 1968, which holds the record at 43. The all time record for France is 44.1 set in August 2003 during the same plume that gave England it's the record high.

Wow. 42 degrees. Thats desert style temps. Very dangerous too I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

In 1985 Simple Minds played Croke Park the night of the massive July storm.

This coming Wednesday AC/DC are playing Lansdowne Road. Thunderstruck! It cannot but happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Wow. 42 degrees. Thats desert style temps. Very dangerous too I'm sure.
    I remember experiencing temperatures like that in Sicily five years ago and I've even found the chart for when I was there. Not dangerous but not very pleasant either.
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2010/Rrea00220100724.gif

Larbre34 wrote: »
    In 1985 Simple Minds played Croke Park the night of the massive July storm.

That was June, 1986. Different storm.

archives-1986-6-28-12-0.png

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

That was June, 1986. Different storm.

I was wondering about that.

The only "plume" in summer '85 was the surface water being blown off the land by the constant gales!

I was wondering about that.

The only "plume" in summer '85 was the surface water being blown off the land by the constant gales!

A plume was an important ingredient in the July 85 storm too.

archives-1985-7-25-12-1.png

And the storm caused statues to move all across the land!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Any sign of the"heatwave" yet? Cloudy breezy day here today average temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭squarecircles

There isn't going to be a heatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The higher temps and nice sunshine for the east doesn't start until tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

some nice sunshine today but cloudier than I expected, still a nice warm 21/22C outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

we have had some rain near mount leinster. Muggy and cloudy now after a sunny start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I got an interview tomorrow so I was hoping the nice weather holds off until Wednesday. Won't look good going into an interview soaked with sweat in a full suit. Hopefully Dublin will have an on shore breeze to keep things cool.

Warm and breezy, dry and sneezy is today! Pollen count must be very high - I'm not normally affected by it.

Temp topped out at 21C in some sunshine earlier, overcast, breezy 19C now but humidity low (73%, wind from the South) - was expecting it to be more muggy.

So tomorrow brings the heatwave, eh? :)

Sun put here in west Clare about 5 minutes now and its feeling very mild at 23c despite the very strong wing.

Any sign of the"heatwave" yet? Cloudy breezy day here today average temperatures.

Same here, running around the garden picking up clothes that blew off the line. Cant be more than 13 or 14c

People would want to lower their expectations. There is no heatwave coming to Ireland. It will be a couple of days of humid showery partly sunny weather with some very nice above normal temperatures in some places but more cloudy and cooler in other places, especially the west and southwest.

If yer looking for more than that from this upcoming episode of weather then you are living in the wrong country!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Finally somebody has reiterated what iv been saying for days!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Which met organisation are you referring to mentioning a heatwave in Ireland?
    None I've heard anyway,so are you trolling?

Fact is it will be warmer than usual for some especially in inland Leinster but that's it
    Last Saturday week,I got a max near Arklow of 25.4c on my Davis and the car thermometer read 26c as I drove through Arklow town early that afternoon,an unusual set up of a land breeze and sunshine in a coastal area at the end of the land track of the nw breeze that day

I doubt I'll see that repeated this week

The main excitement (maybe) this week is the potential for thundery imports which is dealt with in the other thread

• Advertisement

Which met organisation are you referring to mentioning a heatwave in Ireland? None I've heard anyway,so are you trolling?

Trolling? People on here have been talking for the last 5 days about a heatwave starting on Tuesday

Trolling? People on here have been talking for the last 5 days about a heatwave starting on Tuesday

Who though?
    Anyone regular just said what the chart of the day showed
    No one here that understands and has experience judging models forecasted a heat wave to my knowledge
    No Ireland forecast contained one

Who though? Anyone regular just said what the chart of the day showed No one here that understands and has experience judging models forecasted a heat wave to my knowledge No Ireland forecast contained one

Not flicking back through all the posts for you as I'm on my phone, but post #279 is one for a start. There has been plenty more mentions of a heatwave, how credible these guys are I'm not sure.

They call that Fantasy Island for a reason! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dull for the most part in Galway city with a few spits & spots of rain
    The sun did make an occasional appearance with a high of 19.7C so all in all it wasn't the worst of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

People would want to lower their expectations. There is no heatwave coming to Ireland. It will be a couple of days of humid showery partly sunny weather with some very nice above normal temperatures in some places but more cloudy and cooler in other places, especially the west and southwest.

If yer looking for more than that from this upcoming episode of weather then you are living in the wrong country!

My original post was in jest and I know there is no heatwave on the way. Facts are though it was mentioned here more than once and has definitley been mentioned by people I have spoken to over the last few days. I got soaked here at 2pm I know what a heatwave is and this sir is o heatwave! Sorry if people picked me up wrong.

My original post was in jest and I know there is no heatwave on the way. Facts are though it was mentioned here more than once and has definitley been mentioned by people I have spoken to over the last few days. I got soaked here at 2pm I know what a heatwave is and this sir is o heatwave! Sorry if people picked me up wrong.
    I know but they are listening to some radio dj's/presenters who regularly parrot the daily mail/mirror etc
    There is an awful lot of ignorance among the general population about weather

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Take a look at some of the FI charts. It's still only a blip at this stage, but decent blocking has appeared on several charts for ~9th July over the last couple of days. Will have to wait and see whether they manage to stand their ground over the next few days of model runs.

I know but they are listening to some radio dj's/presenters who regularly parrot the daily mail/mirror etc There is an awful lot of ignorance among the general population about weather

It's no wonder people are ignorant to it when weather 'experts' are constantly coming up with these long range forecasts which rarely come to fruition. Fact is that it's all guess work after 24/48 hours.

• Advertisement

Fact is "forecasting" is guess work, full stop. No 24hours, no 2hours. It's educated guess work though (unless of course your that James Madden fella).

Advertisement