Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Sun just breaking out here now, never seen clouds to move across the sky as quick. Still breezy though. The washing is on :-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dublin's the hot spot atm. Phoenix Park and Dublin AP reporting 24c at 1100. Malin Head doing pretty well at 23c.

23.0c here atm (in south Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Working in tallaght today and spotted this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

This will probably be the most photographed cloud in the Dublin area today!
    20150630_111349_RichtoneHDR_zpsg38yvzpu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

complete non event in Waterford. Low cloud, damp in the air until a few hours ago. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Looking at this morning's GFS, and again obviously FI, but as a trend - that slightly higher jet stream from ~9th July hasn't gone away yet, and all charts for after it show at the very least, high-ish pressure around Ireland.

353692.png

Continuing that higher jet stream out to the end of the run, with one or two minor drops but nothing serious:

353693.png

The ECM doesn't show the same trend, but for the 10th of July (the end of the run, so FI of FI) it does show some signs of higher pressure breaking through and disrupting the Atlantic flow:

353694.gif

The GEM is far less favourable, haven't screencapped that yet as I'm not sure how much faith ye place in it? :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Phoenix Park reporting 25c at 1200. Dublin AP and Malin Head reporting 24c.

24.7c here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Im using the Met.ie app, very same as the website. I'm about 15 miles from the city so I cant imagine it's any different in there. Current conditions I'm looking at and it couldn't be more wrong. I'll wait till 2 or 3pm before I get too upset about it though.
    That app is the exact same as the mobile web site, it's forecast for Munster is accurate for your area and the setting to limerick takes its current conditions from Shannon as I said earlier...
    If you didn't know met eireann doesn't have an hourly reporting station in limerick,well you do now

Also Siobhans forecast Sunday and the Mets broadcasts up to now suggested rain mostly in the west this week

That app is the exact same as the mobile web site, it's forecast for Munster is accurate for your area and the setting to limerick takes its current conditions from Shannon as I said earlier... If you didn't know met eireann doesn't have an hourly reporting station in limerick,well you do now

Look, I'm just saying that the ME site showed that it was sunny with 20c in Limerick when it clearly was not sunny or 20c.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Look, I'm just saying that the ME site showed that it was sunny with 20c in Limerick when it clearly was not sunny or 20c.
    I know and I agree with you on that
    All I want to do is educate via my posts these days and sorry if that comes across as confrontational at times,it's not meant to be
    Sun is trying to make an appearance in Arklow :eek:

Just heard presenter on south east radio saying 'isn't there supposed to be a heatwave today' and complain it was wrong

More typical mis information of the type I mentioned
    He's now going on about the Greeks bail out lol ,the weather information doesn't inspire confidence in continuing to listen *changes station*

20.5 c now despite sea track of southerly here,things are looking up :D
    Be surprised if Docharch doesn't exceed 26c now

• Advertisement

Be surprised if Docharch doesn't exceed 26c now

25.7c now...starting to sweat (as the console says its 30.7c inside my office!!! :P). Highest temp here since July 12th 2013 (27.7c). A lot more cloud now than earlier.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Phoenix Park reporting 25c at 1200. Dublin AP and Malin Head reporting 24c.

24.7c here atm.
    Aye when you see malin head hitting 24c,you know you are dealing with a land track southerly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

highdef wrote: »
    This will probably be the most photographed cloud in the Dublin area today!

What type of cloud is it? Lenticular?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    25.7c now...starting to sweat (as the console says its 30.7c inside my office!!! :P). Highest temp here since July 12th 2013 (27.7c). A lot more cloud now than earlier.

Hmmmm I'm expecting you to close in on that record tbh
    Be interesting if you exceed it
    For the record Docarch is using a very professional Davis to record his temp,fan assisted aswell iirc which mutes urban heat island effects to an extent

P.s I'm off to the thunder threads,hoping to have more success there as time goes on,bring on the imports ? :D

For the record Docarch is using a very professional Davis to record his temp,fan assisted aswell iirc which mutes urban heat island effects to an extent

Yip...Davis Pro2 with FARS. Back a little now, with a bit of cloud, to 25.5c. High of 25.8c so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Surely other people are experiencing the wind today? It's as breezy a Summers day as I can remember for quite some time here in S.Kildare. Maybe the lack of any notable breeze the last while and the whole weird combination of sun and breeze is accentuating it all, but it really does seem really breezy out there, for a 10 minute spell just gone there was even the lovely overhead howling to be heard. It really takes the edge off the day sadly, as it feels pretty cool if not chilly out there, though with the odd pulses of heat when the wind dies down. Really would feel warm if there was less breeze going by how nice it is when the wind dies down.

Anyone with sun and little breeze, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

In west Clare the past 2 days have been blowing a storm, last night the roof was even creaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

You would think it was sunny in Dublin looking at this but mostly cloudy now with only a few short sunny spells. 25.8C.
    http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Very windy in Donegal since midnight and its been a very windy couple of months. Its dull and cool in the breeze but hopefully we get some heat later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I can only speak for south Tipp where its overcast damp breezy and quite cool......whilst I never expected for one minute there was a "heatwave" imminent this is really disappointing by any stretch.

• Advertisement

talkabout wrote: »
    Very windy in Donegal since midnight and its been a very windy couple of months. Its dull and cool in the breeze but hopefully we get some heat later in the week.

Malin head got to 24 already today
    Fierce variety even within counties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I can only speak for south Tipp where its overcast damp breezy and quite cool......whilst I never expected for one minute there was a "heatwave" imminent this is really disappointing by any stretch.

I know..very depressing here !!

Aye but it's as forecast for your area overall ,that pesky weather front out west being the spoiler

http://m.met.ie/weather-satellites.aspx

Now 24c not a cloud in the sky :D

There's going to be no wild thunderstorms here this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Scorcher in London today, 29C without a cloud in the sky. Not looking forward to lows above 20C tonight but nice to get a direct hit from a heatwave for a change after such a miserable month in Donegal in 2013 with the whole country basking in sunshine

25.7c here atm. Reached 26.1c around 13.30. Clear and sunny here (at the foot of the Dublin Mountains).

Was at my mothers house, in Dublin 6, for the last hour, where it was cloudy (and cooler).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was in Dublin this morning, stayed overnight after the Taylor Swift concert, beautiful sunny day in Dublin when leaving Dublin earlier today, and on the way home as I headed further south to North Kilkenny, the sky was getting darker and darker.

At the moment,sunny spells mixed with cloudy spells. Maybe all these spells will bring some thunder spells...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Cloudless sunny and 24C at the moment; has been nailed at that exact temp for the past hour - very fresh southerly wind seems to have prevented further increase up here. Kinda like being blasted by a hair-dryer.

Humidity 65%.

With an overnight low of 15C this will be the warmest day of the year so far unless we get a frost tonight!

Does anyone know if the mid west is due any sunshine this week or is it just going to be cloudy with strong warm winds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭fits

Looking at this morning's GFS, and again obviously FI, but as a trend - that slightly higher jet stream from ~9th July hasn't gone away yet, and all charts for after it show at the very least, high-ish pressure around Ireland.

I so hope you are right. Getting married in the West on the 10th.

was very cloudy but warm earlier here near Mount leinster. Not a cloud in the sky now. Very windy but Im still in shorts and a vest. Its grand :D

Advertisement