Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

daytob wrote: »
    Im looking at the iron too, saw a few reviews of the be touch 2 and it just didnt seem to fit some of the boxes I wanted. That being said I would love if the iron had gorilla glass.

What boxes?
    A tempered glass protector will protect the screen on the iron so not a deal breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

looking for a new phone with a 200-300euro budget - suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

GeneralC wrote: »
    looking for a new phone with a 200-300euro budget - suggestions?

64gb Mi3
    OPO
    Mi4i fits that I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Logic deficit

Have got my hands on an Elephone p7000. So far I'm very happy with it, coming from a HTC one M7. Only slight concern is that the touch screen isn't quite as sensitive as the HTC. Otherwise all is good, screen is excellent, call clarity and volume also excellent so far. Using Nova launcher as the stock launcher icons are a bit on the massive side.

Overall, good phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

Decided to try the Meizu m2 note and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with it.The screen is crystal clear and the handset is quite light.I ordered through a seller on Aliexpress,used DHL,phone arrived within 5 days and I didn't get caught for VAT/Customs,as the seller promised.I also purchased a Xiaomi power bank which the seller combined in the same package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Recoil12 wrote: »
    Decided to try the Meizu m2 note and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with it.The screen is crystal clear and the handset is quite light.I ordered through a seller on Aliexpress,used DHL,phone arrived within 5 days and I didn't get caught for VAT/Customs,as the seller promised.I also purchased a Xiaomi power bank which the seller combined in the same package.

I had a look at it as well, not having Band 20 support put me off, but most of these phones do not have B20 support K3/M2/UmiEmax etc... I wonder should B20 support be a deal breaker, they all support Band 3

Blankety wrote: »
    I had a look at it as well, not having Band 20 support put me off, but most of these phones do not have B20 support K3/M2/UmiEmax etc... I wonder should B20 support be a deal breaker, they all support Band 3

It's not an issue for me at all.If you're thinking about buying I would definitely recommend it.I also forgot to mention that there is a free music streaming service provided by Meizu on the phone which is a bonus.

The gizchina shop is now open for shipments from the EU and China http://shop.gizchina.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Apologies if already posted,but Kimovil is a great phone price comparison site,covers most brands with links to the best price sites.Saves a lot of web trawling

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's not an issue for me at all.If you're thinking about buying I would definitely recommend it.I also forgot to mention that there is a free music streaming service provided by Meizu on the phone which is a bonus.

Are you on Vodafone?

• Advertisement

No,I'm on 3.

No,I'm on 3.

That's the difference, though, 3 don't use band 20, while Vodafone use band 20 and, AFAIK, the same band as 3 and Meteor but only as a secondary band, and I'm not sure to what degree at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Three will start to roll out band 20 now that they have acquired 02s network.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Got my k3 note today. For some reason the seller threw in 3 screen protectors so if anybody is stuck for one give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Got my k3 note today. For some reason the seller threw in 3 screen protectors so if anybody is stuck for one give me a shout.

I would keep them. I got one on my Z9 mini and two extra. The first one is already marked and I probably will put on one of the other ones soon enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Raoul wrote: »
    I would keep them. I got one on my Z9 mini and two extra. The first one is already marked and I probably will put on one of the other ones soon enough.

Suppose it can't hurt to have backups

Tough **** everyone!

Does anyone know if Emobile uses the 800 band for 4G?

I keep missing out on the BE Touch 2. Had one in my basket and was robbed by the time i picked a shipping method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hi guys just been lazy here cause i dont wanna go reading back threw thread so hope ye dont mind me asking but here goes....
    im currently looking into getting another android phone i was using a galaxy s3 and then s4 but changed to a lumia 930 worst decision ever i cant stand them so im looking for a decent spec android phone but would like something different and fully featured without going and getting another samsung or mainstream phone budget would be around 200 to 300 mark and been looking at the elephone p7000 or the ulephone anyone got any other suggestions?
    Ive rooted and flashed any of my old android phones so i wouldnt mind something thats popular with custom roms too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timmyd7

the lenovo k3 note is looking fairly decent,,,just ordered one myself, 150 quid, 2gb ram, 16gb on board memory, octacore 1.7ghz mediatek processor and 5.5 inch 1080p screen

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Blankety wrote: »
    Hi There, what is 4G reception like?
    I think the Umi Emax does not support one of the bands. I tried ordering one from Antelife but they screwed up the order.:(

My network doesn't support 4G so I have no idea sorry

• Advertisement

timmyd7 wrote: »
    the lenovo k3 note is looking fairly decent,,,just ordered one myself, 150 quid, 2gb ram, 16gb on board memory, octacore 1.7ghz mediatek processor and 5.5 inch 1080p screen

Where is the best place to order them from? I only looked on amazon at a few phones im sure im not looking in the right places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timmyd7

jayo26 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to order them from? I only looked on amazon at a few phones im sure im not looking in the right places.

there's a link a few pages back of a reputable seller, there's also a thread on reddit, I'll pm you the link where I bought mine...it shipped out within 4 days

cheers mate that would be apreciated never have too many options

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Could also shoot the link in a PM to myself?
    there's a link a few pages back of a reputable seller, there's also a thread on reddit, I'll pm you the link where I bought mine...it shipped out within 4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Why not just post the link on here ?

hi guys just wondering what your opinions are on this phone and the seller if any of any experience of them,

The phone spec wise stands up pretty well to the s5 and maybe s6 just missing a few things that id probably never use but is 300 quid cheaper. looks like it has a good camera and reviews say build quality is very good.

Edit: Sorry forgot to put the link in original post

http://www.honorbuy.com/361-meizu-mx5-16gb-smartphone-white.html

hi guys just wondering what your opinions are on this phone and the seller if any of any experience of them,

The phone spec wise stands up pretty well to the s5 and maybe s6 just missing a few things that id probably never use but is 300 quid cheaper. looks like it has a good camera and reviews say build quality is very good.

You'll need to tell us what it is first!

corwill wrote: »
    You'll need to tell us what it is first!

Haha just edit it I forgot to put link in mate.

Edit: Sorry forgot to put the link in original post

http://www.honorbuy.com/361-meizu-mx5-16gb-smartphone-white.html

On paper, looks fantastic, tempted myself, will be interested to see reviews. I couldn't recommend a 16gb version of any handset without a micro SD slot, though, I'd go for the 32gb. If past experience is anything to go by, the 64gb MX5s will be like hen's teeth.

Caveat - you need to make your peace with Flyme OS, it's a very heavy skin, a long, long way from "pure" Android. Don't count on custom ROMs, Meizu don't tend to release source code, so there probably won't be much development.

I'd also recommend shopping around, that link is pretty expensive eg http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-MEIZU-MX5-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Helio-X10-Turbo-2-2-GHz-Octa-Core-3GB/32382105661.html

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    On paper, looks fantastic, tempted myself, will be interested to see reviews. I couldn't recommend a 16gb version of any handset without a micro SD slot, though, I'd go for the 32gb. If past experience is anything to go by, the 64gb MX5s will be like hen's teeth.

Caveat - you need to make your peace with Flyme OS, it's a very heavy skin, a long, long way from "pure" Android. Don't count on custom ROMs, Meizu don't tend to release source code, so there probably won't be much development.

I'd also recommend shopping around, that link is pretty expensive eg http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-MEIZU-MX5-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Helio-X10-Turbo-2-2-GHz-Octa-Core-3GB/32382105661.html

Thank you, yeh id want a 32gb model if possible I use cloud storage for fotos and stuff that's no problem but 16gb would still fill up quick enough.
    I like the metal curved body and its pretty slim that's the look im after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement