Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality of marriage and love

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Might have to go shopping in Target next time I'm in LGBT-enabling America. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

She's a mother of 12...wow.
    Again I am reminded of that movie Idiocracy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

recedite wrote: »
    She's a mother of 12...wow.
    You could be looking at a
    Quiverfull[/url] mom - not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The sad thing is its not the older generation that are ignorant hate filled people, its also people in late teens/early 20's
    sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That was downright painfully cringeworthy. "LGBT groups are steamrolling other people's rights!"

On the plus side, stupidity like that keeps this relevant:

0860611f96c6006f430dccd3174bd457.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

What offerings should we make to the gayroller to appease its wrath?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Lurkio wrote: »
    What offerings should we make to the gayroller to appease its wrath?

Pizzas, obviously. The Hawaiian kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Nobody cares about the little boys in the mens bathrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Nobody cares about the little boys in the mens bathrooms.
    With all those gun-totin testosterone infused heterosexual males queuing at the urinals, they should be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Links234 wrote: »
    Once again, presented without comment:

Well that was ummmmmmm.... I'm not really sure what it was! 12 children? Well I'm sure they will have the best of an upbringing. And these sorts of people like to comment about whether others should be allowed to parent based on their sexuality?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cik2HMyUYAE_EFl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

probably more theoretical than likely but the IOC are allowing trans athletes to compete. Obviously wont happen in any male event but if a trans woman managed to qualify they would have an unfair advantage? no particular need to listen to the youtube piece as it was more asking questions than having a yay or nay however what would happen if a trans woman appeared and broke records etc. , would it affect that particular event badly in the future and put women off competing in it?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

0860611f96c6006f430dccd3174bd457.jpg

Looks for 'gay steam roller' on Done Deal....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Can't ever hear Falwell's name without then hearing Hitchens line about him:
    If you gave [Jerry] Falwell an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.

Not quite included in this video:

paulbonass-671x1024.jpg

Ireland voted for them to get married and he still refers to his husband as his partner?

Outrageous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Some people use their real name on Twitter, some choose a name that represents a hobby or pastime, seems he might have done both :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

Doing a roll call for all us married folks. Are we all still married since the gays could get married?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I think you're gay married now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

lazygal wrote: »
    Doing a roll call for all us married folks. Are we all still married since the gays could get married?

Had to cancel my upcoming wedding. The idea of 2 blokes (Ewww) doing it the same day undermines it too much.

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/412-couples-married-since-historic-marriage-referendum-34731925.html
    Some 412 same-sex couples have married since the marriage referendum a year ago, figures released by the Department of Social Protection reveal.

Clare is the only county not to register a same sex marriage in the year.

I would have thought it would be Leitrim and Roscommon :pac: (Leitrim had just 1x)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Can't Clare marry Kerry?

iDave wrote: »
    Had to cancel my upcoming wedding. The idea of 2 blokes (Ewww) doing it the same day undermines it too much.

It's impossible to have sex with a woman once you're forced to imagine man gay sex day in, day out, every waking moment......

Can't Clare marry Kerry?

Yes, in theory. Kerry marrying Cork, however, is banned by international law.

So, here's a rancid display of family values and hypocrisy...

esten.png?w=505&ssl=1

The guy is oh-so-concerned about Target's bathroom policy, but has no problem with his teenage sister being chained in a basement for a year for wetting the bed...

Man and son 'keep stepdaughter aged 13 shackled in basement for a year feeding her scraps'
    A man and his son have been arrested after his teenage stepdaughter escaped from a basement where she says she was held captive for almost a year.

Timothy Ciboro, 53, and Esten Ciboro, 27, have been accused of restraining the girl with a chain on her ankle.

Astonishing...

As well as that, a lot of this anti-trans hysteria is having a horrible knock-on effect on women being harassed in public toilets, as has been happening with alarming regularity.

Woman Says She Was Accosted In Walmart Bathroom After Being Mistaken As Trans
    Toms, who said her pixie haircut was covered by a baseball cap at the time, claims she was washing her hands inside of the Danbury store Friday when a woman approached her saying, “you are not supposed to be here, you need to leave.” “At first, I was like, does she think that I work at a different store and I shouldn’t be in this bathroom?” she recalled in an eight-minute video posted to Facebook. “So I said, ‘yes I do.’ And then she flipped me off and she’s like, ‘you’re disgusting’ and she storms out.”

Transphobic ‘Bathroom Cop’ Follows Dallas Woman Into The Restroom
    Apparently, creepy self-appointed “bathroom cops” are what women have to deal with in the wake of HB2. From The Dallas Observer comes the extremely unsettling story and video of a woman trailed into a restroom by a complete stranger because she didn’t look “woman” enough for him. Seriously.

But on the plus side, I'm literally killing god:

Senior Vatican Cardinal warns ‘demonic’ transgender rights are causing the ‘death of God’

iDave wrote: »

What about two wimmins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

By trying to prevent women from being harassed (or pretending to) we have ended up with women being harassed. And yet people on boards will complain that people think the GOP is full of idiots.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...on the plus side, I'm literally killing god:

Any chance you could, y'know, get a move on? It doesn't seem to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

As well as that, a lot of this anti-trans hysteria is having a horrible knock-on effect on women being harassed in public toilets, as has been happening with alarming regularity.

Woman Says She Was Accosted In Walmart Bathroom After Being Mistaken As Trans

Transphobic ‘Bathroom Cop’ Follows Dallas Woman Into The Restroom

But on the plus side, I'm literally killing god:

Senior Vatican Cardinal warns ‘demonic’ transgender rights are causing the ‘death of God’

You need to check this out:

Dogma Debate Podcast

Came across this guy on the Cognitive Dissonance podcast and decided to check out his podcast. First episode i downloaded isn't a normal one, as far as I can see. It is basically recording of a city meeting discussing "bathroom laws" proposed in response to Target's bathroom policy. It is long, and the start is really infuriating, but at the end it is quite heartening.

Well worth the time.

MrP

Advertisement