Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality of marriage and love

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,912 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A business should be allowed to not deal with a LGBT person

Should a business be allowed to not deal with black people then?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Should a business be allowed to not deal with black people then?

I think you're missing Randy's point, that be of the position businesses should be allowed to discriminate while introducing laws that block businesses from accomodating people is hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The child predator thing doesn't work for me either. Read a piece the other day saying, allowing armed men to protect women in the ladies is allowing paedos in toilets and blaming, I think the National Parent Council, for that. Way OTT and scare mongering about men for me. I can see their point, but demonising men defeats it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

K-9 wrote: »
    The child predator thing doesn't work for me either. Read a piece the other day saying, allowing armed men to protect women in the ladies is allowing paedos in toilets and blaming, I think the National Parent Council, for that. Way OTT and scare mongering about men for me. I can see their point, but demonising men defeats it.

No it doesn't work because its complete utter bull****,
    Statistically a boy has more chance being assaulted or abused by a grown adult man in the men's room, are they going to ban adult men from men's rooms?

And another of these laws crumbles

"Those breaking the law could have faced six months in jail or a $500 fine"

This was pure insanity.

• Advertisement

Presented without comment:

Cabaal wrote: »
    No it doesn't work because its complete utter bull****,
    Statistically a boy has more chance being assaulted or abused by a grown adult man in the men's room, are they going to ban adult men from men's rooms?

Yeah, that's another point, better and more forthright than mine!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Links234 wrote: »

How sad is it when you puff yourself up with that crap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Presented without comment:

sigh
    so much ignorance
    Curious what group they'll blame next for stuff,

Bill Maher and Dan Savage slamming Ann Coulter over trans rights, pretty good. ;)

• Advertisement

The bakery in the 'gay cake row' is back in court to fight the judgement

http://www.thejournal.ie/gay-cake-row-appeal-2756706-May2016/
    Daniel McArthur said: “It has been a long and difficult road, but we have been sustained every step of the way by the word of God and by the many thousands of people who have supported us. Many share our beliefs about marriage. Many more defend our freedom to hold those beliefs.

Many in the USA also believed god was on their side when they protested against the idea of mixed raced marriage. These people will be seen no different to them in our history as time moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Many in the USA also believed god was on their side when they protested against the idea of mixed raced marriage. These people will be seen no different to them in our history as time moves on.
    People generally do think God is on their side though. When they think they're right anyway, which is most of the time. On this occasion, it seems Northern Ireland's Attorney General may be on their side as well, which may be a more significant benefit to them.

Absolam wrote: »
    People generally do think God is on their side though. When they think they're right anyway, which is most of the time..

Yeah, in fairness the people against transgender people going to certain bathrooms must be right. Sure they even got a law passed in their favor.

So both god and the law is on their side
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, in fairness the people against transgender people going to certain bathrooms must be right. Sure they even got a law passed in their favor. So both god and the law is on their side :rolleyes:
    Well gosh that's a heck of a point, just like the last one. The :rolleyes: is devastating... I guess everyone should slink off now eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

http://www.thejournal.ie/gay-cake-row-appeal-2756706-May2016/

Clearly I don't think god is on their side, but I do think they should win the appeal. Personally I don't think the case should have been taken in first place and I think it was the wrong decision (though I have to admit to not remembering the exact details of the judgement, I must look it up).

MrP

So, North Korea Carolina is now taking the US Justice Department to court over HB2.

This is gonna get even uglier :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

So, North Korea Carolina is now taking the US Justice Department to court over HB2.

This is gonna get even uglier :(

Im starting to understand why republicans are for small governments. If I was voting in these people I would want to limit what they did and how much they waste.

They are for big Government when things go for them, foundry fathers, Constitution etc.

Against it when "liberal courts" go against them so become ardent small Governmenters!

Goes back to when Washington brought in civil rights in the 60's.

Had the opportunity to attend a friends wedding weekend last week, gota say I couldn't be happier for the couple. It was lovely to see so many supportive and happy people around the couple.

Really makes you wonder about the people that voted no, for many it must be pure hatred and ignorance.

Wow, must it? No point in wondering so :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

More Than 100 United Methodist Clergy Come Out As LGBT

The religious leaders released their letter on the eve of the church’s General Conference.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/united-methodist-church-lgbt-clergy_us_5730f866e4b016f37896b8f6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

robindch wrote: »

The religious leaders released their letter on the eve of the church’s General Conference.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/united-methodist-church-lgbt-clergy_us_5730f866e4b016f37896b8f6

LGBTQI Jeepers in another short while we will have all the letters of the alphabet.

LGBTQI Jeepers in another short while we will have all the letters of the alphabet.

Surely you've heard of Quiltbag by now?

Oh. It doesn't stand for Quite Interesting then? :(

The Vatican must be pissed...its not marriage equality, but its a start

http://www.irishtimes.com/italy-enacts-legislation-to-recognise-same-sex-civil-unions-1.2645322

Italy enacts legislation to recognise same-sex civil unions

• Registered Users Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Who knows where all this tolerance and acceptance might lead :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

The Vatican must be pissed

This explains much.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

robindch wrote: »

It's great for them (that's not sarcasm, just clarifying) ;)

Dawkins and an ex-preacher who I can't be bothered to look up right now set up a website for no-longer-believing clergy seeking a way out; people who have a lot invested in their brand of woo: careers, homes, spouses. Not easy to cast all that aside if that's what the believers insist you do.

We now have legal protection in Ireland for gay teachers. Maybe someday, atheist teachers can come out and not fear losing their jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

He should be shot with balls of his own ****e. That's what he gets as he preaches ****e to others.

I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement

Once again, presented without comment:

Advertisement