Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Sex Marriage Referendum Mega Thread Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was really hoping that now the YES had won (and I did vote yes) that we would not be sore winners but o well you have id10ts on both dsides

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Some crowd in dublin castle

Part III of a trilogy is always the worst.

Godfather, Star Wars, Hangover

I was about to go Part 3 was good then realized nope that was called episode 6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I was really hoping that bow the YES had won (and I did vote yes) that we would not be sore winners but o well you have id10ts on both dsides

Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Which won't be in a church any time soon, so much for equality.

I'm sure it won't be long before some worthy takes up the cudgel on this one. The NI cake fiasco should be a wake-up call.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I'm sure it won't be long before some worthy takes up the cudgel on this one. The NI cake fiasco should be a wake-up call.

Yeah, just like what happened with divorce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Well done Ireland,you done the right thing.

:confused:

Not that many would want to marry in a church anyway, just like lots of straight couples...

Yeah, let's begin the campaign portraying all straight couples as not wanting to get married in church. Talk about the tail wagging the dog. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

iDave wrote: »
    Saw No posters get taken down in Drumcomdra already. Tail between legs.

I expect our local councillor to leave his mug up on the streets for as long as possible

Politcal parties had their own posters and this councillor got on the bandwagon to get some recognition out there

Angling for a seat in the general election no doubt

Yeah, let's begin the campaign portraying all straight couples as not wanting to get married in church. Talk about the tail wagging the dog. :rolleyes:

Think it's time for a wee lie down, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Tbf this is the most respectable thing they've done in the whole campaign. Posters of either side are a ****ing eyesore on our country
    Totally. Just ban them all for every election/referendum. What are they actually FOR?

Think it's time for a wee lie down, eh?

Keep on. Call me a homophobe why don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well done lads. Westboro has taken notice.

https://twitter.com/WBCSaysRepent/status/602097005804916736

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

I see Paddy and Keith are being gracious in defeat.
    Paddy claiming that they "won the argument but lost the vote". Is this guy delusional?

I'm just concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Turtwig wrote: »
    Well done lads. Westboro has taken notice.

https://twitter.com/WBCSaysRepent/status/602097005804916736

Thats great news. Maybe they can team up with lolek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Nope. I'm hoping the bishops carry through their threat not to do the civil bit of a marriage anymore.
    They won't though. There's only so much shooting themselves in their foot that they're capable of.

Nothing on the link what was your point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oh get the fuck over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anita Blow wrote: »
    I see Paddy and Keith are being gracious in defeat.
    Paddy claiming that they "won the argument but lost the vote". Is this guy delusional?

No just sucking on lots and lots of lemons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Well he hasn't. But you'd like him to I guess since you've got nothing else to go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Happy with the result which came in spite of rather than because of the yes campaign.
    Are you sure you're happy? That's quite a negative spin you've put on it, with no evidence, anecdotal or otherwise.

Nothing on the link what was your point

Doesn't matter now. The moment's gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I cannot understand how someone who is gay would want to be part of a church who's teaching is so much against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

David Quinn on RTE again ... Wont miss looking at him after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

timetogo wrote: »
    Nope. I'm hoping the bishops carry through their threat not to do the civil bit of a marriage anymore.
    They won't though. There's only so much shooting themselves in their foot that they're capable of.

oh yeah, forgot about that.

I'm sure they'll back down and nobody will be surprised :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Right folks, I'm off out to find rainbow party stuff, but here's some tunes to get the party started in my absence.

Thanks for sharing in the joy with me today. It doesn't even affect me and I'm over-joyed, so huge, huge congratulations to all affected by today's outcome. Can't even imagine the what is being felt by those whose lives it personally affects, and so, so happy for everyone involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

zMjPc.gif

I'll be on the skittlebrau tonight anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I am a yes voter, i mentioned in one of the other threads that i did it mainly because i have a little boy (and however many more on the way) who might one day be gay and want to marry soneone they love. Simple as that is was a yes vote. Now, even if i didn't have a child it would have been a yes off all the obvious reasons that people on the yes side have been campaigning for the last few weeks.

However, over time it became more then that for me. It became about not wanting to part of a country that those on the no side want.

For me the times of the church or whoever thinking that they can deciede on moral matters based on their beliefs is gone. we're at time now that we can make an informed decision and just look bemused at the kind of people who ****e on about it being a "sin" or even worse those that downright lied to try and get thier way.

My big disapointment is that i couldn't get my own parents to change their mind but they are your classic brainwashed from birth Irish Catholics. I guess i have to be some bit proud that saw through the lies but still voted no because it would be "agreeing with their lifestyle" but not against them as such.

Well done on everyone on everyone on here who defended the yes campaign. I got angry just reading some messages here and some other more traditional threads but i was always glad to see someone with more patience then me defending the right thing to do.

Those who are no i guess all i say is i hope you see that this is what the majority want and leave it at that.

I Can't wait for my first gay wedding....

Advertisement