Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Sex Marriage Referendum Mega Thread Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

efb wrote: »
    To all the boardsies that voted YES Thank you so much!!' I'm so delighted my own village was 61% YES!!!

Delighted for you efb.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DeadHand wrote: »
    Rory O'Neil looking like a bad joke on television.

I'd take him more seriously if he made a dignified appearance.

Dignity is measured in much more than appearance and that man has an amazing dignity in spades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Dignity is measured in much more than appearance and that man has an amazing dignity in spades.

omg yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,423 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why,it's his choice as to how he wants to look?

Also, he doesn't look as orange as Miriam does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A collar and a tie like seanie fitz or a charvet shirt like Charlie perhaps........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I think he's being just however he wants to be, and trying to accept people just as they are, I take him all the more seriously for that.

Grand, let him dress as he wishes but he is representing a cause on national television and is, in my view, undermining it by appearing in ridiculous fake boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Proud day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Since Sinn Fein misjudged public opinion over the Royal visit, Gerry really is keen to be associated with any queen he can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Where can you find the break down of results in individual constituency? I'd like to get an idea of how my own area voted within Cork NC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

sjb25 wrote: »
    Good mad David norris lol all the Brits fault

Everything he said is historically accurate.

No prohibition against homosexuality in Gaelic Ireland - those laws were introduced by Henry VIII...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Grand, let him dress as he wishes but he is representing a cause on national television and is, in my view, undermining it by appearing in ridiculous fake boobs.

Different ways of looking at it.

For me, this enhances the cause, as for me (and I'd imagine many more) the cause is about much more than just whether homosexual people can marry, and part of the cause is accepting people just as they are.

Good man, Rory, you dress however you like, it will never take anything away from the important message for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Redfish2004

I'm glad the country voted YES, at least from now on the Gay Community won't be able to play the poor victim card anymore. They'll have to let that go, and about time aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

Where can you find the break down of results in individual constituency? I'd like to get an idea of how my own area voted within Cork NC

http://www.rte.ie/news/results/2015/referendum/ssm/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

I'm glad the country voted YES, at least from now on the Gay Community won't be able to play the poor victim card anymore. They'll have to let that go, and about time aswell.

Luckily the no side are there to fill the void

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Too late for Declan Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Because as we all know, those who dress in suits always act in a dignified manner

• Registered Users Posts: 28,423 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well it's normal for victims of discrimination to stop being victims when discrimination ends.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Alt J wrote: »
    Not a great day too be from Roscommon or Leitrim :D

Actually it's a bit like being the only gay in the village only it's the other way around.:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Great day to be Irish and bad day for the bigots.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Someone should tell David Quinn that it WAS a free vote. The Irish people have come out massively and voted freely to give equal rights on marriage to all whether he likes it or not. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Meath West 60.1% Yes vote.

So f***ing happy with that, especially being a bisexual teen from that constituency.

As a straight 30 year old I'm happy my fellow Royals said yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What's with the miraculous medals?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Started off so well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

RobertKK wrote: »

At least theyre being mature about it, good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well, they show that if there's a God, he's pro yes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

wakka12 wrote: »
    At least theyre being mature about it, good work.

Tweeting from Vienna, maybe that is why he went away to the Eurovision.
    Probably getting congratulated being Irish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

This Facebook post kinda sums up today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Nobody knows how they got in there. They just appeared, magically miraculously.

Advertisement