Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Sex Marriage Referendum Mega Thread Part 2

Options
  • 23-05-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

The other thread was approaching 10k posts, so we've started a new one.

You can find the old thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057426700

The same warnings and thread bans from previous SSM threads carry over to this one.

Please be civil. If you see a new poster posting outrageous comments, don't engage with them. They are trying to get a rise out of you. Report them, then ignore them.

The same goes for any user that's bothering you. Don't resort to namecalling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Summary so far: We did it.

Edit: Its Official. We did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Why on earth did you close the thread on 666 pages? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

IRISH PRIDE !!!! YES FOR THE YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Tiocfaidh ár gays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The decency of the Irish people was not limited to the liberal leafy suburbs of Dublin, nor the solidarity from the flats, but that decency came from the cliffs of Donegal, the lakes of Cavan, the farmyards of Kildare, the lanes of Kerry.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/una-mullally-decency-of-irish-not-limited-to-liberal-dublin-suburbs-1.2223717

Una Mullally giving credit to the good culchies of Ireland

Er, um thanks I suppose :confused:

Sorry that you had reason to doubt us

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Part III of a trilogy is always the worst.

Godfather, Star Wars, Hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Suck the lemon. Suck it good.

Sorry dude I'm straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Iona feather boa.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What about the lads who told their boyfriends "Ya i would totally marry you if i could but the ****ers wont let me". I bet they are panicking now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

'Please be civil.'

Was that intentional humanji? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Bit disappointed to be honest. If the referendum result had been timed better we would have got through the eurovision semi the other night on the back of it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

fr336 wrote: »
    Why on earth did you close the thread on 666 pages? :eek:

To make the no voters head assplode

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

niallo27 wrote: »
    What about the lads who told their boyfriends "Ya i would totally marry you if i could but the ****ers wont let me". I bet they are panicking now.

They thought canvassing was hard? Wait until they start planning the wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Sorry dude I'm straight.
    So am I :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

The Irish public have send a massive message of support for LBGT community, along with another message that rural Ireland isn't as backwards as people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Happy with the result which came in spite of rather than because of the yes campaign.

Not tonight you're not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

For how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Saw No posters get taken down in Drumcomdra already. Tail between legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Following on from the other thread, a few people commented that no party was supporting a no vote because it wouldnt be popular.

Thats the point, if there was support for a no vote then the politicians would have went with that. They are there to represent the people and the people wanted a yes vote. You voted who would be in government and everyone got to have a say on the matter.

In the end the people decided they wanted same sex marriage, the government supported what the people wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

niallo27 wrote: »

Something like this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wait until they start planning the wedding!
    Which won't be in a church any time soon, so much for equality.

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    For how long?

About 6 inches.

iDave wrote: »
    Saw No posters get taken down in Drumcomdra already. Tail between legs.

Tbf this is the most respectable thing they've done in the whole campaign. Posters of either side are a ****ing eyesore on our country

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I'd say the George, the Dragon and Andrew's Lane will be hopping in biblical proportions tonight :D

Following on from the other thread, a few people commented that no party was supporting a no vote because it wouldnt be popular.

Thats the point, if there was support for a no vote then the politicians would have went with that. They are there to represent the people and the people wanted a yes vote. You voted who would be in government and everyone got to have a say on the matter.

In the end the people decided they wanted same sex marriage, the government supported what the people wanted.

I said it in another thread, the fact that Sinn Fein didn't go against this just to spite the government shows how little support there was for no.

Woohooooooooo

That it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Which won't be in a church any time soon, so much for equality.
    :confused:

Not that many would want to marry in a church anyway, just like lots of straight couples...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I'd say the George, the Dragon and Andrew's Lane will be hopping in biblical proportions tonight :D
    what ever became of Bartley Dunne's?

Advertisement