Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victory for electoral fraud

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,821 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think its time to end this thread, already has wasted too much of peoples time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Egginacup wrote: »
    What approach are you referring to? And what "liberal agenda" in the media?
    This was being pushed by the media and all political parties.
    You stated that the result was a victory for electoral fraud. These are your words.
    Yes, I thought it was a creative title for the thread.
    Not even able to back up your farcical claims of ballot impropriety you now shift your stance to not being bothered by the result (even though in the same sentence you declare that you would have "enjoyed" a no vote). Why would you have "enjoyed" a no vote? If a yes vote is not really an issue for you then why would you "enjoy" a no vote which would also not really be an issue for you?
    I heard of non-Irish voting yesterday and it pissed me off.

It's really a non issue for me. I didn't appreciate all the drama and pushiness from the yes side. Also didn't appreciate the waste of time and money this whole referendum was.

I would have enjoyed a no vote because of all the liberal tears that would have been shed.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

No. You said it was your 'better half' who told you so.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95589039&postcount=1

Think you're a bit of a fraud yourself, to be honest.

:pac:

Whether you agree or not breaking it is a criminal offence.

People should behave decently in public regardless of sexuality. Tonight will be like gay pride on steroids though.

Look. I thought it was an interesting title for a thread, especially seeing as it coincided with the yes side win.

I had heard of people who were untitled to vote voting which pissed me off!

You had "heard", had you? And then you go on to say the electoral system is massively vulnerable to fraud on the basis of this snippet of shit you heard yet can't even corroborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I would have enjoyed a no vote because of all the liberal tears that would have been shed.
    You really are the Paul McShane of wind up merchants.

• Advertisement

You had "heard", had you? And then you go on to say the electoral system is massively vulnerable to fraud on the basis of this snippet of shit you heard yet can't even corroborate?
    Well, I never registered to vote myself. Someone called to the door and asked if anyone in the house was eligible. The girlfriend gave my name and that was it.

Several people I know had their names removed from the register, only found out when they went to vote. (This was for previous elections)

Severely infrequent ID checks.

How can you live in Ireland and possibly think the system is not vulnerable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

At my local polling station you can walk up, say a name and get a ballot paper.
    There's a chance they could ask you for ID, but the ID requirements aren't that strict either.
    I know more than one person who's registered to vote in more than one constituency.

I know some people may be posting in this thread due to sour grapes at loosing.
    But there seem to be sore winners as well, and people don't deserve to be told to "shut up" or "stop moaning" for discussing something.

I'll tell you what, this was an interesting and entertaining thread so far which was kind of its purpose. Yes the title is a bit provocative. That was intentional.

Bollocks, mate. You tried to assert a bunch of fake crap and got your ass handed to you, your lies exposed and your cheap tactics laid bare.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Yeah **** democracy, at least you got what you wanted.
    democracy worked today. the people spoke. gay marriage is happening

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Bollocks, mate. You tried to assert a bunch of fake crap and got your ass handed to you, your lies exposed and your cheap tactics laid bare.
    You have a really loose grasp on reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You have a really loose grasp on reality.

And you are a proven liar.

FrStone wrote: »
    In all fairness he is right, it is fierce easy to get in the register. I'm on it twice, I could easily vote twice and no one would ever know. I don't though obviously.

Maybe

But if it's so easy to get on the register twice then why isn't the OP yammering about people IN Ireland being on the register twice (and DEFINITELY being in breach of the rules) instead of focussing on people returning from abroad and being perfectly eligible to vote and NOT in breach of the rules....and then using this yardstick of hypothetical claptrap to beat the result along with the integrity of the system?

• No ID checks at polling booths
    • People getting added and removed at whim for the polls (I've seen countless examples)
    • Council workers calling to the door and and asking for names of voters and adding them with zero checks. (I know, that's how I was registered!)

You HAVE to provide ID at the polling station

It's after hours, it was tongue in cheek foot in mouth. Unsurprised by the amount of hate from the left though.

Why don't you just enjoy your win and keep your energy for the celebrations tonight where you can all enjoy the infinite feedback loop which is the left.

FYP

Like I didn't when I voted yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

I didn't yesterday. Anyhow this thread is ridiculous.

Like I didn't when I voted yesterday?

You HAVE to provide id at the polling station. If you don't have to you wouldn't be required to bring id. That is a fact.

Maybe

But if it's so easy to get on the register twice then why isn't the OP yammering about people IN Ireland being on the register twice (and DEFINITELY being in breach of the rules) instead of focussing on people returning from abroad and being perfectly eligible to vote and NOT in breach of the rules....and then using this yardstick of hypothetical claptrap to beat the result along with the integrity of the system?
    Well really what bothered me was the non-Irish who were apparently voting.

Then I see Enda on TV today teary-eyed due to those who returned to vote and I wondered what percentage were not resident and eligible to vote.

You HAVE to provide id at the polling station. If you don't have to you wouldn't be required to bring id. That is a fact.
    Okay, nobody checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Also didn't appreciate the waste of time and money this whole referendum was.

I'll tell you what was a bigger waste of my time. Opening this ludicrous thread

You're just butthurt that the side you opposed won. Don't dress it up as concern about the electoral system.

Be honest with yourself if nobody else about why it is you're pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fed up sick and tired

Grayson wrote: »
    I saw a lot of posts on FB today from people who said in their polling station the officials had bibles on their desks.

This was dealt with somewhere yesterday, maybe on boards. (I had a reading day yesterday. Hard to recall it all at this stage !)

Something to do with voters being asked to swear an oath if they couldn't provide i.d.

Were any of the facebookers putting a different construction on it ? I wonder.

edit - link to yesterday's Irish Times... http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/why-are-there-bibles-in-polling-stations-1.2222157

How was I economical with the truth?? I was just trying to limit the personal information here due to the militant yes side. I said friend instead of girlfriend. She is both so no lie there.

scraping the barrel now aren't you?

This was dealt with somewhere yesterday, maybe on boards. (I had a reading day yesterday. Hard to recall it all at this stage !)

Something to do with voters being asked to swear an oath if they couldn't provide i.d.

Were any of the facebookers putting a different construction on it ? I wonder.
    The establishment was fiercely pro gay marriage.

The bible being there is so people can swear on it if they forget ID. You see, before cultural Marxism, Ireland was a Catholic country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Well really what bothered me was the non-Irish who were apparently voting.

Then I see Enda on TV today teary-eyed due to those who returned to vote and I wondered what percentage were not resident and eligible to vote.

You need to find yourself a husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,061 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The establishment was fiercely pro gay marriage.

The bible being there is so people can swear on it if they forget ID. You see, before cultural Marxism, Ireland was a Catholic country.

Thank fcuk for whatever it is you think 'cultural marxism' is then!

That's a term I don't think I'd ever heard before this campaign, and loads of right-wing bible thumpers have been using it since. Was it mentioned in Alive! or something at some point?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism

Grayson wrote: »
    I saw a lot of posts on FB today from people who said in their polling station the officials had bibles on their desks.

Apparently they were for people who wished to swear an oath in the absence of their ID. ID is required but there have been mention of people being allowed to swear an oath because they forgot their ID.

Needless to say I would imagine anyone who swears on the Bible would be voting no anyway so the OP's assertion of no ID checks in place to facilitate spurious YES votes is a crock of shit.

This was being pushed by the media and all political parties.

Yes, I thought it was a creative title for the thread.

I heard of non-Irish voting yesterday and it pissed me off.

It's really a non issue for me. I didn't appreciate all the drama and pushiness from the yes side. Also didn't appreciate the waste of time and money this whole referendum was.

So you admit that you are petty then. You are not interested in the issue in the slightest, you just want to be childish. You also tried to table a bitchy pack of crap and got hammered in humiliating fashion. Congratulations.

And your lame sidestep is to now claim you were being tongue in cheek, just joshing.

Cringeworthy is not the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Well, I never registered to vote myself. Someone called to the door and asked if anyone in the house was eligible. The girlfriend mother gave my name and that was it.

Fixed your post.

Thank fcuk for whatever it is you think 'cultural marxism' is then!

That's a term I don't think I'd ever heard before this campaign, and loads of right-wing bible thumpers have been using it since. Was it mentioned in Alive! or something at some point?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism
    Is that the movie about the guy who crashed in the mountains and started eating each other?

Nice link, not biased at all.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Fixed your post.
    Whatever dude. I haven't live at home for a very long time. You see, not having a degree in the arts or women's studies has its advantages.

Advertisement