Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victory for electoral fraud

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Probably yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I work in the uk the past 4 years... Did i break the law? I have voted every time since i left

Based on http://www.refcom.ie/en/Frequently-Asked-Questions/#vot probably

Who can vote in a Referendum?
    You must be an Irish citizen
    You must be at least 18 years old
    Your name must be on the Register of Electors
    If you are an Irish citizen living abroad you cannot be entered on the Register of electors. This means that you cannot vote in an election or referendum here in Ireland. (The only exception to this is Irish diplomats (and their spouses) on duty abroad who may cast their vote by post)

For some reason, it doesn't mention here the rule that existed that you could vote if you'd left within last 18 months and intended to return.

Just like you I moved to UK a number of years ago, and I'm no longer entitled to vote in Irish referendums.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

What this referendum has highlighted even more clearly is the lack of security in our electoral system, how broken and open to abuse it is.

66,000 non-residents return to vote yes. Enda is overjoyed.

Non-Irish registered and voting and proud.

where did you get that number from, coincidentally 66k was the number that signed up to the supplimentary registerer which is not a definition of non-resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Based on http://www.refcom.ie/en/Frequently-Asked-Questions/#vot probably

For some reason, it doesn't mention here the rule that existed that you could vote if you'd left within last 18 months and intended to return.

Just like you I moved to UK a number of years ago, and I'm no longer entitled to vote in Irish referendums.

i travel home every 2nd weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

i travel home every 2nd weekend.

What country is you address ? That will answer the Question of Residence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What country is you address ? That will answer the Question of Residence.

Have an address in both but passport, licence etc is irish

Advertisement