Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2015: Mentored Novices Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Chrismc31 wrote: »
    What is your athletics background? Have you run before? What other sports have you taken part in and at what level? Running for 2 years started off at C25K, entered a 5K race at the end of that and hooked ever since!! Also do a body pump class once a week

Have you raced before? If so what are your PBs? (Date and distance please!)
    5K – 26:53 - Mar 2014
    10K – 56:25 – Aug 2013
    Half Marathon – 2:10 – December 2013
    Have raced a number of 10K and the Waterford Half in Dec ’13 and the Wicklow Half in Mar ’15. Planning on doing the Strawberry Half (June) and Dublin Half (September)

Do you still need to take walk breaks in your training ? (No problem if you do)
    No

How much training do you currently do incl cross training? Distances, cross training - whatever you think is relevant to your current fitness level.
    How many days a week do you run only?
    Currently run 3-4 times a week usually 2 short runs (3/4miles) on my lunch break, one midweek longer run (6/8miles) and a longer slow run at weekend (8/10miles), last long run was 12M in prep for half marathon on 7 June

What do you want to achieve? Dream finishing time and realistic finishing time? Or just complete it in no specified time?
    Just want to finish in a fairly respectable (for me) time – say 4:30/4:45. Mostly I just want to get to the start injury free. Tried to do the DCM last year but plagued by injury all year and didn’t make it to the start line. Serious hip\pelvis injury had me out of running for 3 months. Feeling much stronger and fitter this year.

What marathon programme are you following/intending to use? Either the Gerry Duffy Level 1 or the Hal Higdon. Both pretty similar and Gerry’s plan for half marathon has worked out well for me so I’m leaning toward thisone.

Looking forward to being a part of this journey and getting to the start (and finish) line in one piece this year 

Hi chrismc31 and welcome to the thread. Lovely to see another one hooked ;) Sorry to hear about your injuries over the last while. Don't be afraid to think of 2016 if anything rears its head again. A marathon training cycle is tough on even a healthy body and will expose any weakness.
    Your weekly mileage looks to be in the right place so just keep ticking over between now and the end of June. Best of luck to you!

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    1.What is your athletics background? Have you run before? What other sports have you taken part in and at what level?
    Running about 2 years, taken part in 4-5 10ks, have run about 30 Park Runs

2.Have you raced before? If so what are your PBs? (Date and distance please!)

Raheny 5 Mile Jan 2014 43 Mins
    Samsung Night Run 2014 55 mins
    Fingal 10 k July 2014 49 mins
    Great Ireland Run April 2015 53 mins

Park Run PB 22.33 5K

Jan/ Feb 2015 Winter Series Raheny Shamrocks
    3 Miles 22 mins
    2 Miles 13.52 mins
    1 Mile 6.42 mins

3.Do you still need to take walk breaks in your training ? (No problem if you do)
    No Walk Breaks

4.How much training do you currently do incl cross training? Distances, cross training - whatever you think is relevant to your current fitness level.

Sorting out Achillies Injury, but was doing 3 days 2 x 4 miles 1 x 6-8 miles
    Just bought Road bike to cross train, will start Biking This week & Running next week

5.How many days a week do you run only?
    3 Days normally

6.What do you want to achieve? Dream finishing time and realistic finishing time? Or just complete it in no specified time?

Would like to finish under 4 hrs, But no huge hang up on time.

7.What marathon programme are you following/intending to use?
    Boards one was recommended to me, along with this Forum.

Thanks for your time, quite a job you've undertaken.

Hi kennyg, you're welcome and thank you :) I/we think you'll all be worth it :) I am getting a little spidey sense that there may be some shamrocks involved in your running life so I think you're in good hands, am I right?
    Hopefully the Achilles plays ball over the next few months. I'm sure your physio has advised you of all the things you can do to strengthen it. I'd recommend that you start thinking now about increasing the number of days that you run but wait until you are sure that the Achilles is fully better before moving up.
    Have you done anything longer than a 10k? That would be a stronger indication of how realistic your target is. The race series is an ideal sequence of events to map your progress over the next few months.

chrislad wrote: »
    A few questions in relation to cross training and recovery.

I'm doing cycling for the next few weeks to keep up fitness while recovering from injury. I know I normally have a bit of tightness in my quads after longs runs. Would cycling be okay, or would swimming be better?

In terms of recovery, generally just use ice packs on tender areas. Would a 10 minute ice bath be a good idea (for recovery, as it's not a good idea in general!!!!!!)

I'm seeing a physio on Thursday anyway to give my legs a quick once over to make sure all is well, so I'll be picking his/her brain also!
    Hi chrislad, I'm going to pass this one over. Anyone? I've done a bit of cycling alongside running before but not enough to comment on. Remind us again, what was the injury?
    Do you stretch before or after you run? Stretching after a run is most important. And are you the proud owner of a foam roller/sliotar/tennis ball?! You're going to need something....we'll have a discussion on stretching nearer to the start of the plan in June but it's worth starting to think about it now.

FeenaM wrote: »
    Hi all, new to boards and delighted to have found this thread :-)

What is your athletics background? Have you run before? What other sports have you taken part in and at what level?

- Running for a year now. Would also go to the gym and do lot's of Bikram yoga.

- 5k : 22.05 (today)
    - 10k : 48.49 (Great Ireland Run, April 2015)

- No

How much training do you currently do incl cross training? Distances, cross training - whatever you think is relevant to your current fitness level.

- I train with a club 3 days a week and then I also do my own easy runs with some gym and yoga.

What do you want to achieve? Dream finishing time and realistic finishing time? Or just complete it in no specified time?

- To finish the marathon under 4 hours and to feel ok still.

What marathon programme are you following/intending to use?

- Not sure yet

Hey FeenaM, welcome and thanks, we got your first post :)
    Well done on the 5k (was that in the Bob heffernan?) and that's a pretty respectable 10k time too. Are you doing the quality sessions with your club and will they have other marathon runners following a similar cycle? I found that an enormous help last year. Let us know if you need help choosing a programme.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hi chrislad, I'm going to pass this one over. Anyone? I've done a bit of cycling alongside running before but not enough to comment on. Remind us again, what was the injury?
    Do you stretch before or after you run? Stretching after a run is most important. And are you the proud owner of a foam roller/sliotar/tennis ball?! You're going to need something....we'll have a discussion on stretching nearer to the start of the plan in June but it's worth starting to think about it now.

I think cycling is a good cross training activity and in particular it will engage your quads in a way that running won't.

Best to keep the effort easy. Maybe cycle in a lower gear and try to keep the cadence high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Singer wrote: »
    There's a very interesting series of blog posts from the Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry - google for
    "sports surgery clinic" marathon

(I can't link directly - I haven't posted enough to boards yet ;( )

The first post of the 4 blog posts reccomend doing strength training in the time before the marathon training plan kicks in at the end of June. 2-3 strength sessions over the next few weeks sounds do-able - anybody else following this kind of plan right now?

Also, has anybody availed of the running clinics there? Are they worthwhile for marathon newbs?

Hi Singer, I'm doing strength/weights/core training twice a week to complement my running. I actually started working out last July, to get myself reading to tackle the training this year. I find it has worked wonders for my running and it also breaks up the training week so I don't get bored.

Whoopsa hi! And sorry for the delay in getting to you. Another one we should have been expecting ;) I was sure you had a running log here, where's it gone?! Sorry to hear about your injury and it sounds like you're in good hands/being sensible with your build back to fitness. The morning runs will get easier, promise and this time of the year is perfect for early runs. Will you be doing them 'on empty'? Great practice for later in the cycle if you do. Running by time is a very useful approach, you're in good company - Sonia O'Sullivan logged all her non-session runs in minutes but as Clearlier recommends, start to keep an eye on the mileage later in the cycle...Unless you're going for a complete training by time on feet approach? There are quite a few convincing advocates for that. Let us know won't you?
    Finally, keep an eye on the lsr ratio as a portion of your weekly mileage, 50% is on the high side IMO. Best of luck :)

I don't have a log here :)
    I have a general training log over in the fitness forum but it's pretty vague and incomplete at the minute.

The idea is to run on empty in the mornings to get my body used to that, I made that up in my head as a good idea though so I'm glad you agree it's good practice :pac:

I'll suss out the time/distance thing and let ye know.

What's the recommended percentage of weekly run as LSR? Glancing over the next few weeks, it hovers around 40% timewise, however they begin to turn from straight easy runs, to include speedwork/tempo runs etc over the coming weeks, so while the ratio of time will remain around the 40% mark, I'll be gaining more distance during the week. Does that make sense? I know why I'm trying to say, I just can't get it out!!!

Thanks missus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

chrislad wrote: »
    A few questions in relation to cross training and recovery.

I'm doing cycling for the next few weeks to keep up fitness while recovering from injury. I know I normally have a bit of tightness in my quads after longs runs. Would cycling be okay, or would swimming be better?

In terms of recovery, generally just use ice packs on tender areas. Would a 10 minute ice bath be a good idea (for recovery, as it's not a good idea in general!!!!!!)

I'm seeing a physio on Thursday anyway to give my legs a quick once over to make sure all is well, so I'll be picking his/her brain also!

Hi Chrislad,

I often take a quick ice bath (not 10minutes!!) after a long run. My physio often puts me in a crypto therapy bath as well after a session. It's basically an intense version of the sea! It's extremely cold and salty!!

Dry needling is also quite good for tight muscles if your physio offers it. A foam roller does a decent job too.

As regards swimming and cycling, it depends on your injury, and tbh sometimes it's best just to rest and recover!!

Singer wrote: »
    There's a very interesting series of blog posts from the Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry - google for
    "sports surgery clinic" marathon

(I can't link directly - I haven't posted enough to boards yet ;( )

The first post of the 4 blog posts reccomend doing strength training in the time before the marathon training plan kicks in at the end of June. 2-3 strength sessions over the next few weeks sounds do-able - anybody else following this kind of plan right now?

Also, has anybody availed of the running clinics there? Are they worthwhile for marathon newbs?

Strength and conditioning training will help you. Clearlier linked to the 30 Day Challenge earlier in the thread and there will be a prize* for whoever completes this before June 22nd...you have 30 days and because we're feeling generous, you have two days 'off' for when you're slacking living in the real world. Novices, you have no excuse ;)

*prize will not involve money, alcohol, mood-altering substances ...or anything really. The prize will be crossing the line in October in one piece ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got a pair of insoles fitted when I got new shoes a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the guy who made them did it wrong and made them too big which led to shin splints. I've took them out about 3 weeks before the Limerick Half, which led to me being able to run fairly comfortably but with a bit of tightness and a noticable drop in pace (down from about 5:45-5:50/km to 6:10-6:20/km).

Pain wise, I have next to none thankfully, as I've taken a good rest of about 10 days now, and I'm planning another 3-4 weeks without running to ensure that they are fully healed before I get into the 18 week training plan I have.

I do have a foam roamer. I used it after long runs in the training up the the half marathon. I am quite bad at stretching honestly, and it's something that I should properly done. I might stretch the calves sometimes if it was a tough run, but as a rule, I generally don't. But I will. Promise! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Both swimming and cycling are great for keeping up cardiovascular fitness but neither is a substitute for running in the end. Cycling is much more straightforward to do so often the preferred substitute however it does put you in a position where you can develop pretty tight hip flexors so keep that area stretched if you can (look up Thomas test on youtube). Swimming is great exercise too, for anyone with a weak core/upper body it's probably the best option however skill is a significant inhibitor for many in terms of fitness. Probably a mixture of the two is best. A better option if available is aqua running. You need a running belt and (I'm told) the patience of a saint though.

There's aqua jogging classes 2-3 evenings a week in the UL Arena near me, so I may look into that. I wouldn't say my patience is saintly though.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Have not done anything longer than 10k, but am signed up for
    Race Series, will see how I go with them.

Will be upping Mileage as soon as Achilles sorted, getting advise
    from as many sources as possible.

Thanks Again

Just back from the physio. She said I should be good to go to start back training within the month, and gave me a load of stretches to do. I've to go back on Monday as she said I definitely need some sort of support on my right foot especially, as the leg was very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Good luck to all the 2015 novices! I'm really looking forward to following this thread.

I'm a 2013 DCM graduate that's hoping to make it to the start line to run my second marathon.
    Before injuring my knee pre-Connemara my last two long training run times were
    30km/18.5 miles in 2hr 38
    32km/20 miles in 2hr 50
    Sorry to hear you missed Connemara. I ended up in a similar situation so only back on the road now and will be spending May and June building the miles up again and gonna start the 30 day challenge in 2 wks. Your dream time for DCM is similar to mine so I'll be following your progress.
    Only advice I'd give for now is to consider slowing down the LSRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Just starting to build mine up a bit as well. Hopefully my base from earlier in the year will stand to me over the next few months. Good point about the pace on the long runs. I try to not look at the watch too often as I feel it takes away from the enjoyment of the run but maybe it would help to keep me that bit slower alright. I also tend to speed up near the end as I'm starving and just want to get home!
    Had my last visit to the physio for a while (I hope) earlier this evening so lots of foam rolling and strength work for my right leg and hopefully it'll keep the knee in good shape. I'll have to look at the 30 day challenge as well.
    Best of luck with your rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

What is your athletics background? Have you run before? What other sports
    some running years back, middle distance - grew up and was biking and running three yrs back - now back running again in the last 5 weeks.

have you taken part in and at what level?
    nothing to add here :-(

not raced - just running 5km three times a week - down to a 24:21

Not very often now

Just running on the road at the moment - 5km three times a week and just increased to 6km today - plan to add distance weekly on Friday runs

How many days a week do you run only? Mon - Wed - Fri mornings - may sneak in a weekend run early morning

goal of a sub 23 mins 5km -
    hit a 10k run
    longer term marathon

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51137/Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

open to a better plan if anyone has one.

Still undecided as training is a big commitment and i need a kick in a backside from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rosie087

Hi All,

Long time lurker on this forum but thought this was as good a chance as any to get involved! Thanks a mil Dubgal, you've been very helpful so far :).

What is your athletics background? Have you run before? What other sports have you taken part in and at what level?

Always been fairly active. Play a bit of hockey and have run on and off for a couple of years. Really enjoying it at the moment and running about 30km a week atm.

5K May 2015 - 23:48
    10K April 2015 - 49:47
    1/2 Mar 2014 - 1:54

No

Currently run 3-4 times a week. Running twice a week with a club (8-12km) and then 10-12 km at the weekend myself and maybe a 5km thrown into the mix midweek.

I'd be hoping for a sub four but not sure if I'm completely off the mark with that one!

No idea.

I don't have a log here :)
    I have a general training log over in the fitness forum but it's pretty vague and incomplete at the minute.

The idea is to run on empty in the mornings to get my body used to that, I made that up in my head as a good idea though so I'm glad you agree it's good practice :pac:

I'll suss out the time/distance thing and let ye know.

What's the recommended percentage of weekly run as LSR? Glancing over the next few weeks, it hovers around 40% timewise, however they begin to turn from straight easy runs, to include speedwork/tempo runs etc over the coming weeks, so while the ratio of time will remain around the 40% mark, I'll be gaining more distance during the week. Does that make sense? I know why I'm trying to say, I just can't get it out!!!

Thanks missus :)

Sorry again for the late reply :o
    It does make sense... so if you are running 5 hours a week, your lsr would be 2 hours? (And of course you are building/have built up sensibly to this ;) ) 40% is at the very very upper limits of ok IMO. And the other three hours are spread over how many runs? I'm interested in the concept of lsr's including tempo at this stage...any feedback from your whip cracker on this? There is more than one way to train for a marathon so we're all ears :)

BrookieD wrote: »
    What is your athletics background? Have you run before? What other sports
    some running years back, middle distance - grew up and was biking and running three yrs back - now back running again in the last 5 weeks.

have you taken part in and at what level?
    nothing to add here :-(

not raced - just running 5km three times a week - down to a 24:21

Not very often now

Just running on the road at the moment - 5km three times a week and just increased to 6km today - plan to add distance weekly on Friday runs

How many days a week do you run only? Mon - Wed - Fri mornings - may sneak in a weekend run early morning

goal of a sub 23 mins 5km -
    hit a 10k run
    longer term marathon

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51137/Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

open to a better plan if anyone has one.

Still undecided as training is a big commitment and i need a kick in a backside from time to time.

Hi again BrookieD :) well done on getting back to running in the last few weeks. Just a thought on your training runs, it sounds like you may be racing them? It's a common enough temptation when starting out but it's also the quickest way to injury and/or stagnation. Train with the end goal as a race and you will progress more effectively. Slow slow sloooow your training runs right down and build up an aerobic base. You can inject a bit of pace in a few weeks on one, then two runs a week further down the line.
    I see you're still undecided about this year and that you are concerned about the commitment to training. You are absolutely right to be, marathon training - never mind the race itself! - can be a lonely journey and the first thing that needs to be in place is self-motivation. You might find that self-motivation after you have established a solid aerobic base of six to ten months just building up.
    It sounds like you enjoy the 5k distance. Have you come across park runs in your area? They are a free 5k event, every Saturday at 9:30am. Runners of all ages and abilities take part and run as fast or slow as they like. I think you'd enjoy them :) The speed you gain from racing a monthly one would stand to you so well if you decided to push back marathon training til 2016. Have a think anyway!

• Advertisement

rosie087 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Long time lurker on this forum but thought this was as good a chance as any to get involved! Thanks a mil Dubgal, you've been very helpful so far :).

Always been fairly active. Play a bit of hockey and have run on and off for a couple of years. Really enjoying it at the moment and running about 30km a week atm.

5K May 2015 - 23:48
    10K April 2015 - 49:47
    1/2 Mar 2014 - 1:54

No

Currently run 3-4 times a week. Running twice a week with a club (8-12km) and then 10-12 km at the weekend myself and maybe a 5km thrown into the mix midweek.

I'd be hoping for a sub four but not sure if I'm completely off the mark with that one!

No idea.
    Hi Rosie087 and welcome! We got your first post, thanks :D
    You sound like everything is nicely placed for take-off on June 22. Have a read of last year's plans and a few others online. Only you can decide which one suits you and your other commitments but we will certainly be able to give you the pros and cons of many, so do ask, there is probably not a marathon plan out there that hasn't been tried by someone on A/R :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Hey DG - mind if I ask a quick question.

It seems that you intend to start the boards plan towards the end of June. What do you recommend those of us who are pretty much running the required 20 miles a week already at this stage? Is it worth the effort trying to increase the weekly mileage already, just to build more base, and then to dial back to slot in at week 1? Or to get ahead of the curve and slot in at a later stage? Or to cruise for the next couple of weeks at 20 miles a week, and start cranking it up per plan at week 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

New PB of 20:18 in the Run for a Life 5K today, slowly getting to that sub 20.
    Bring my total for the week to 27k.

nop98 wrote: »
    Hey DG - mind if I ask a quick question.

It seems that you intend to start the boards plan towards the end of June. What do you recommend those of us who are pretty much running the required 20 miles a week already at this stage? Is it worth the effort trying to increase the weekly mileage already, just to build more base, and then to dial back to slot in at week 1? Or to get ahead of the curve and slot in at a later stage? Or to cruise for the next couple of weeks at 20 miles a week, and start cranking it up per plan at week 1?

Hi N, so this is a commitment I take it?! You will have noticed that I have planted a spy in your midst and he/she will be giving me a progress report every Thursday ;)
    I'm going to throw this one over to Clearlier for specific advice. Your base would put you into a more advanced plan I would have thought. Have you a plan or was it the boards plan you're thinking of?

Yes - here's the plunge!

Non-existent until about 2 years ago. I was never unfit but never really the physical sporty type. Started running with some colleagues and got the bug. Slowly graduated to the longer distances, starting with a DLR bay 10k and Wexford HM, and here I am..!

I do play another sport (at national level) but that involves cards and counting to 13 (a lot) so I don't think that counts for much in these parts!

About a dozen races so far, including 5 half marathons (first in April 2014).
    > 5km: 22:40 (Feb 2015) - a parkrun in Marlay Park.
    > 10km: 47:00 (Mar 2015) - in Phoenix Park.
    > HM: 1:49:56 (Apr 2015) - epic Connemara Half and zenith of my modest running career :)

No.

Typically 3-4 runs a week (2x 4M tempo runs with colleagues, 1 longer run at the weekend (varying from 6-12M), sometimes on more session treadmilling). Only very recently started getting more disciplined to stick to sensible paces for these runs, I used to run them way too fast.

Additionally, I do one Pilates class and one circuits class every week. The latter varies from kettle-bells to boxercise to circuits and is typically very, very hard.

3-4. I intend to increase this to 4-5 once this rollercoaster kicks off, quitting one of the aforementioned classes.

Finish. I don't really care about the time - just finish with a reasonable semblance of being in control :) If pressed, I would say that 4 hours would be a dream target, but I have no idea how realistic this is. Maybe 4h10 is a better target. I never ran more than HM distance, so it really is a shot in the dark.

I honestly don't know. I have looked at the boards plan a lot in the past couple of days, and it looks challenging! Not just the distances that need to be covered, but also the challenge of fitting it IRL..

You will have noticed that I have planted a spy in your midst and he/she will be giving me a progress report every Thursday ;)

It is a small world, isn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Looking for some advice folks, picked up my first injury.

One day after my LSR last Sunday (24 km) I started to get a pain below my knee cap. Felt a bit like a cut if that makes any sense.

I can JUST about feel it walking around but I can do a few km on it before it starts to hurt (say a 1 out of 10 pain).

Should I rest it completely or can I do a few short slow runs on it (5 km) or should I try to run it out ?

Next race is a 10K coming up in mid June

Before last week I'd been doing about 30 km a week.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Rest for a week or two. Do some non-impact cross training (cycling, swimming, weights) if you don't feel any pain when doing them.

long_b wrote: »
    Looking for some advice folks, picked up my first injury.

One day after my LSR last Sunday (24 km) I started to get a pain below my knee cap. Felt a bit like a cut if that makes any sense.

I can JUST about feel it walking around but I can do a few km on it before it starts to hurt (say a 1 out of 10 pain).

Should I rest it completely or can I do a few short slow runs on it (5 km) or should I try to run it out ?

Next race is a 10K coming up in mid June

Before last week I'd been doing about 30 km a week.

Thanks in advance.

Hi long_b, a general rule of thumb is a niggle that goes away as the run progresses is ok but needs to be monitored. Pain that doesn't go away or indeed, increases is not ok and needs to be seen by a qualified person.
    You're about to put your body through a lot of hard work over the coming months. I've said it before and I'll say it again, marathon training exposes every weakness.
    Rest may sort it, but then again it may not. It might be something simple or it may be a sign of some underlying weakness or imbalance so no harm getting it checked out now, before the hard work starts. A qualified therapist with running experience would be ideal. They get it ;)
    If you're stuck for recommendations, let us know and we'll point you in the right direction. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Rest may sort it, but then again it may not. It might be something simple or it may be a sign of some underlying weakness or imbalance so no harm getting it checked out now, before the hard work starts. A qualified therapist with running experience would be ideal. They get it ;)
    If you're stuck for recommendations, let us know and we'll point you in the right direction. Best of luck.
    + 1 to this, I hope you all have a good physio on speed dial, they are worth their weight in gold. If anything is niggling get it seen to asap. Hopefully you wont need it but 'just in case' do that research now.

Advertisement