Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

pa990 wrote: »
    Also a Tesco ad, saying that they will accept other shops spend and save vouchers. (They had stopped this practice a short while ago)
    There was rumours of them stopping but I don't think they ever did.

Some said they were stopping in early january but the lidl & aldi ones stopped coming out by then. AFAIK their official page never changed.

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    Terms and conditions in Tesco Ireland 07.10.2015

We accept Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons – e.g. €5 off every €50 – see example below
    We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Used the voucher in Tesco an hour ago, no questions asked whatsoever.

Used the voucher in Tesco an hour ago, no questions asked whatsoever.

In the sunday world there is a tesco full page advert clearly saying they accept them, so should be no trouble anywhere.

There is also a BOGOF voucher for fish n chips in ITIAC chippers, there is a list of participating chippers, all the ITIAC ones near me were listed. It is only valid until this wednesday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Just used a Lidl voucher and the cashier scanned it an gave it back to me. I assume that was a mistake.......

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

KOR101 wrote: »
    Just used a Lidl voucher and the cashier scanned it an gave it back to me. I assume that was a mistake.......

I don't what u assume but ur post doesn't make any sense or give proper details !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

In both Lidl and Tesco the cashiers must hold on to the vouchers so the tills can be reconciled. Vouchers are only supposed to be used once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Quackster wrote: »
    In both Lidl and Tesco the cashiers must hold on to the vouchers so the tills can be reconciled. Vouchers are only supposed to be used once.
    So, it WAS a mistake. Lucky me.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

So, it WAS a mistake. Lucky me.

Saved the price of another rag!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

rubadub wrote: »
    In the sunday world there is a tesco full page advert clearly saying they accept them, so should be no trouble anywhere.

There is also a BOGOF voucher for fish n chips in ITIAC chippers, there is a list of participating chippers, all the ITIAC ones near me were listed. It is only valid until this wednesday though.

Afaik, i know what BOGOF is, but That's a new one on me ITIAC :confused::p

Afaik, i know what BOGOF is, but That's a new one on me ITIAC :confused::p

:) It should have been ITICA, the Irish traditional italian chipper association. The ones who do the half price fish & chips day.

there is a list of chippers here, I think most if not all were listed in the paper.
    http://www.itica.ie/chipper_directory

• Advertisement

:) It should have been ITICA, the Irish traditional italian chipper association. The ones who do the half price fish & chips day.

there is a list of chippers here, I think most if not all were listed in the paper.
    http://www.itica.ie/chipper_directory

Ah Ciao Bella! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Was this a one off for the vouchers, or will we have them again on sunday?

i'm guessing that it was a one off, since the coupons expire on a saturday, and they usually run sunday to sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

pa990 wrote: »
    Was this a one off for the vouchers, or will we have them again on sunday?

i'm guessing that it was a one off, since the coupons expire on a saturday, and they usually run sunday to sunday

If I was a betting man with Easter the following weekend I would say there will be more this weekend, I have no idea though, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

If I was a betting man with Easter the following weekend I would say there will be more this weekend, I have no idea though, could be wrong.

Here's hoping

Could do with some more tesco vino, and some aldi steaks :-) and maybe a few bottles of whisk(e)y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

There was rumours of them stopping but I don't think they ever did.

Some said they were stopping in early january but the lidl & aldi ones stopped coming out by then. AFAIK their official page never changed.

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

You'd have to wonder if this is an attack strategy by Aldi and Lidl on Tesco? They just keep publishing vouchers and know that more people will take them to Tesco than to their own store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They are both at 6.1% on kantar scale recently, Supervalu tops at 25%, then Dunnes took second with Tesco in third followed by laldi's. Interesting. Dunnes are the winner of late perhaps due to their continuing 10 free with 50 spend etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

RainyDay wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder if this is an attack strategy by Aldi and Lidl on Tesco? They just keep publishing vouchers and know that more people will take them to Tesco than to their own store.
    No.
    It's an attempt to gain market share from Tesco et al..and successfully so. Coupons are essentially free advertising and marketing for them.
    If they wanted to attack Tesco at al, they'd lower their prices.

You may have noticed that a lot of Tesco own brand products are matching LidlAldi on price. These are cheaper than Tesco UK.

RainyDay wrote: »
    I have said the same before, and definitely think there has to be an element of that. I don't think there are any decent beer offers in lidl or aldi this week, that would make sense to me if they have these vouchers about. But both obviously know tesco have a history of drink offers around patricks day. If I was working in aldi & lidl I would certainly be timing them and taking note of how it would effect tesco, they would be stupid not to.

24x500ml bulmers is 26euro in tesco at the moment, people getting 2 trays for 42euro with the voucher. Heineken is the same price, guinnness is 24x500ml for 24euro. I expect the price could be twice that in lidl or aldi right now for some of the beers on offer in tesco. The bulmers is especially good (not that I rate it highly), its usually only packs of 18 at the same price of other beers in packs of 24.

Tesco also currently have ridiculously good wine offers.

Posters have been on who work in tesco and said management were saying the vouchers were hitting them really bad, hence the talk of it being stopped in early January.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think enough has been said on if they are doing the vouchers or not to hurt tesco etc.

Back to which papers are the vouchers in next and when.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Lidl have confirmed €20 off €100 voucher in Saturday's independent & star and the Sunday world (according to beady eye bargains on Fb)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ie_voucher_wk11_directmail.jpg

Valid till close of business Saturday 26th

Davy wrote: »

I take it, you'll have longer time to spend it?

Didnt' one of the vouchers not finish on a Sun & other on a Sat? as i notice both expire tomoro from last Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I know this is off topic but is there a limit to how much wine you can buy in Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

casio4 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic but is there a limit to how much wine you can buy in Lidl?

Yeah; your bank balance

I take it, you'll have longer time to spend it?

Didnt' one of the vouchers not finish on a Sun & other on a Sat? as i notice both expire tomoro from last Sun.

This one is valid till close of business Saturday 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Davy wrote: »

Valid till close of business Saturday 26th

Can't seem to find it in the light edition. All I see is an advert for Aldi voucher to say that it's in tomorrows paper and a €5 off €20 voucher for Lloyd's pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Can't seem to find it in the light edition. All I see is an advert for Aldi voucher to say that it's in tomorrows paper and a €5 off €20 voucher for Lloyd's pharmacy.

Does anyone know if the 20 euro voucher is in the Sunday world, (no independents left in local shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can I use the 20 euro off for tescos lads ?

Also what page is it on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

avfc1874 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 20 euro voucher is in the Sunday world, (no independents left in local shop)

sunday world tomorrow has 20 off 100 spend in lidl, and 10 off 50 for aldi

• Advertisement

It's not in the light edition, it's on the bottom of page two in normal edition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement