Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

rubadub wrote: »
    I would have thought they are both the same. I wonder if it was manually spotted or rejected at the end automatically. i.e. did jai99 present the lidl/aldi voucher at the end and was it then rejected.

It is not like they just minus 10 euro at the end, they have a laminated page of competitor vouchers that they scan so I thought it would be identical to scanning in tesco vouchers at the end.

No, competitor vouchers have to be put through manually. That's why some people are still getting away with using them to buy gift vouchers even though the Ts&Cs clearly spell out in the most simplest of English that that's not allowed.

This is at its wierdest when using a Lidl 20% off voucher and the till operater goes searching for a pen and paper to work out 20% of your total spend!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Quackster wrote: »
    No, competitor vouchers have to be put through manually.
    Well in my tesco whenever I used lidl or aldi vouchers they use a laminated sheet, and scan them in, all the tills have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Well in my tesco whenever I used lidl or aldi vouchers they use a laminated sheet, and scan them in, all the tills have them.

Yup. Same.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Quackster wrote: »

This is at its wierdest when using a Lidl 20% off voucher and the till operater goes searching for a pen and paper to work out 20% of your total spend!

Never heard of a 20% off voucher, it's usually a specific monetary value (€10 or €20)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,166 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

used 3 vouchers in tesco last night, 2 x 20 euro lidl ones and one 10 euro aldi one from last week. Each time shed scanned a bar code that said competitor token and put in the amount

• Advertisement

The laminated bar codes they scan tell the system a genetic competitor voucher is being used but they have to manually confirm that the required spend printed on the voucher has been made.

Never heard of a 20% off voucher, it's usually a specific monetary value (€10 or €20)

The 20% off (€50 or more) vouchers are issued by Lidl to customers in a store in the week or so before said store closes for renovations. Typically a book of six vouchers valid for six consecutive weeks.

Valid in all Lidl ROI stores and, therefore, in all Tesco stores too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

What's the latest update?

Are the vouchers finished,?

Or have we one last chance this weekend?

It'd be nice for one last chance to stock up on spirits (in tesco).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,447 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

pa990 wrote: »
    What's the latest update?

Are the vouchers finished,?

Or have we one last chance this weekend?

It'd be nice for one last chance to stock up on spirits (in tesco).

I think finished, also Tesco spirit prices have now returned to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Any point buying news papers today? Any vouchers in any of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

No vouchers that I saw and no announcement on their page either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Lidl one was up today & Aldi up to 31st, probably next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

This thread gets the 'Expired' tag soon.:mad:

Lidl one was up today & Aldi up to 31st, probably next week?

I would say this is the end of this run. Someone asked on lidls facebook today and they said none this week.

M

mac.in wrote: »
    This thread gets the 'Expired' tag soon.:mad:

I've had my fun, that's all that matters...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Is it TRUE, Tesco accepts ALDI & LIDL Vouchers ??

I find this hard to believe.

Does any other Supermarkets accept them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Tesco (and only Tesco) currently do but there is some speculation that it will end in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I see you've read the thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Believe it or not but;

Lidl accept Lidl vouchers

and

Aldi accept Aldi vouchers

athtrasna wrote: »
    Tesco (and only Tesco) currently do but there is some speculation that it will end in the near future.
    in another thread someone said a tesco employee said it would finish on 9th jan. I had been getting supervalu ones in the door too, seems lidl and aldi are finished.

I used my 31st dec aldi one just now. I showed it to the young lad before he started scanning just in case it was finished, he looked and said grand. However after finishing scanning he scanned in his laminated sheet vouchers, looked at the screen and starts saying "oh wait, ummm, I might have to check... ummm, ah doesn't matter". So I don't know what was on his screen but if you have an aldi one and plan on using it in tesco I would do it asap. There was a big queue and he did not want to delay things.

It was possibly since I had 2 yellow stickered reduced items in my shopping (but below a euro each), there was no baby milk or any prohibited things or possible grey area things like gift vouchers, phone credit etc.

• Advertisement

I see you've read the thread!!

Yeah 37 pages

shineon23 wrote: »
    Believe it or not but;

Lidl accept Lidl vouchers

and

Aldi accept Aldi vouchers

Yeah - I heard Lidl accept Aldi vouchers & Aldi accept Lidl vouchers

Yeah - I heard Lidl accept Aldi vouchers & Aldi accept Lidl vouchers
    they don't.

Lidl & aldi could have been clever and released 99euro off a 100euro spend valid only on stephens day and new years day. Days when I think they were both closed but tesco are open ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yeah 37 pages

You must of missed the posts were people said they were able to use competitor vouchers in tesco without any issue :)

You must of missed the posts were people said they were able to use competitor vouchers in tesco without any issue :)

Ur quite right - I must.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah 37 pages

And it gets a mention in about 10 posts in every page

muffler wrote: »
    And it gets a mention in about 10 posts in every page

Offers are subject to change ..... aren't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Offers are subject to change ..... aren't they.
    Sorry to disappoint but this thread is about 10 off a 50 shop in Lidl ...... not Tesco

muffler wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but this thread is about 10 off a 50 shop in Lidl ...... not Tesco

Yes but the voucher is accepted in Tesco - Is it not ? Or are you confusing the matter ?

• Advertisement
    M

I think this thread needs to be locked and buried at sea until the new year when vouchers are reactivated...I hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement