Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    They refused me tonight! And last time this promo was on, was it customer service or a till?

I got it at 2 diff tills over past couple wks. First girl rang manager who said it was ok once buying a Tesco gift card as could only be used in store (as opposed to iTunes card etc), checkout woman today said nobody had asked her to do this b4 and I told her what the manager had said last wk and she put thru 2 separate transactions for me no bother. Hard luck, try it again on a till with diff person

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Snow Crash

66_Lad wrote: »
    Go to Tesco, buy a 100E gift card for 80E using the voucher, and then use the gift card over the next few wks when needed. Tesco New Ross accept the vouchers for purchase of gift cards without issue
    From the Tesco website...

Terms and conditions in Tesco Ireland 07.10.2015

– We accept Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons – e.g. €5 off every €50 – see example below
    – We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi
    – We do not accept spend & save coupons for the purchase of Gift cards and normal Clubcard exclusions e.g. tobacco, infant formulae, lottery tickets, medicine, savings stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Snow Crash wrote: »

– We accept Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons – e.g. €5 off every €50 – see example below
    – We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi
    – We do not accept spend & save coupons for the purchase of Gift cards and normal Clubcard exclusions e.g. tobacco, infant formulae, lottery tickets, medicine, savings stamps

Agreed on above, but reality is some stores accept the vouchers for gift cards....I got the idea from poster last wk who has done it without issue both last yr and this yr in a diff Tesco store to me. Worth trying IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Lidl only show the offers from Thursday 17th on their website.

Anyone know how to see earlier dates? (I'm on my phone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Sign up the the newsletter and archive it automatically in gmail. or use http://www.offerscheck.org/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I see to the 23rd on my phone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I see to the 23rd on my phone
    They're looking for further back, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jai99

Today tesco rejects to accept Cow And Gate 3 Growing Up Milk Powder 1+ Years 900G
    Is Cow And Gate 3 Growing Up Milk Powder 1+ Years 900G an infant formulae?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jai99 wrote: »
    Today tesco rejects to accept Cow And Gate 3 Growing Up Milk Powder 1+ Years 900G

No, that should be fine. It's the fact that they have to manually apply the voucher that's the problem here. If it was their own spend & save voucher, the system would automatically reject it if you were relying on prohibited items to reach the qualifying spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jai99

Quackster wrote: »
    No, that should be fine. It's the fact that they have to manually apply the voucher that's the problem here. If it was their own spend & save voucher, the system would automatically reject it if you were relying on prohibited items to reach the qualifying spend.

No, it is lidls 10 euro off for 50 euro voucher and lady at till rejects by saying we dont accept milk powder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No, it is lidls 10 euro off for 50 euro voucher and lady at till rejects by saying we dont accept milk powder.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If it was a Tesco voucher, the till operator wouldn't have to think about it as the system would automatically do the checking. As it's not, the till operator has to manually check what you're buying and is clearly being overly cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a bump
    €20 off €100 voucher is in the Irish Independent and Irish Daily Star(€1.50)

Valid from today until Sunday 27th December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Are they both in Sunday world this again this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I always thought it was only the first stage milk that was referred to as formula as Boots do a promotion on some 'follow on milks' which they legally couldn't do if it was classed as formula - if you know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

So... will the Sunday World have the €20 off €100 tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

pa990 wrote: »
    So... will the Sunday World have the €20 off €100 tomorrow ?
    From Lidl Ireland on Facebook
    Lidl Ireland Check out Saturday's Irish Independent & The Star and the Sunday World. Thanks.

Hi is it €10 or €20? Thanks

Lidl Ireland It's €20 off when you spend €100. Enjoy

And from Aldi Ireland on Facebook:
    We have been notified that there is a hoax 40% off Aldi coupon being circulated. This post is fraudulent and can not be redeemed in our stores. The only money off voucher we currently have in circulation is €20 off when you spend €100 which is available in this weekends Sunday Independent and Sunday World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Thanks Leck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Note this expires 27th unlike the ALDI one which is 31st !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

So petrol/diesel is OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Will Tesco accept these against phone credit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If it was a Tesco voucher, the till operator wouldn't have to think about it as the system would automatically do the checking. As it's not, the till operator has to manually check what you're buying and is clearly being overly cautious.
    I would have thought they are both the same. I wonder if it was manually spotted or rejected at the end automatically. i.e. did jai99 present the lidl/aldi voucher at the end and was it then rejected.

It is not like they just minus 10 euro at the end, they have a laminated page of competitor vouchers that they scan so I thought it would be identical to scanning in tesco vouchers at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

The €10 off €50 was a better voucher. Ive just used the €20 off in Lidl this morning and its hard enough to get up to the €100 in one shop without buying unnecessary items.
    Plus while I was at the till the two customers in front of me both had issues with the totals, with money off items not been charged the reduced prices.
    So keep an eye on the till receipt and money off goods

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

So Sunday World is the best paper to get as there's 2 vouchers (Lidl & Aldi) in it, €2.80 for €40 worth of vouchers.
    I'm sure there's something worth reading in it? :rolleyes:

The €10 off €50 was a better voucher. Ive just used the €20 off in Lidl this morning and its hard enough to get up to the €100 in one shop without buying unnecessary items.

True but there's always phone credit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

So petrol/diesel is OK?

No, as they don't take their own there either

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

okidoki987 wrote: »
    So Sunday World is the best paper to get as there's 2 vouchers (Lidl & Aldi) in it, €2.80 for €40 worth of vouchers.
    I'm sure there's something worth reading in it? :rolleyes:

Even better, it's €2.45 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

cant believe they got rid of the 50e-10e off voucher

cant/wont even get near spending the 100e to get 20e off

Have they stated why they stopped doing the 50e ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

youngblood wrote: »
    cant believe they got rid of the 50e-10e off voucher

cant/wont even get near spending the 100e to get 20e off

Probably a one off, as a lot of people will be doing a big shop this week, ya know, End of Days and all that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

youngblood wrote: »

From past years they have done this in the final weekend before Christmas, I suppose they want people to do their final big shop there.

• Advertisement

Even better, it's €2.45 !!

Was thinking of the Indo.
    From past years they have done this in the final weekend before Christmas, I suppose they want people to do their final big shop there.

According to the staff member I asked today, he said it was for a couple of reasons.
    Final food shop as said above before Christmas, people buy most of their booze this week & the turkeys arrive today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement