Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The random stuff thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,859 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

mikeecho wrote: »
    I always thought it was an anti tamper device to stop bars from watering down spirits.

(I have on occasion been known to be wrong about stuff)

You're not wrong.
    It is an anti tamper device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Didn't want to hijack the Rds thread but can anyone confirm a beoir discount for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Didn't want to hijack the Rds thread but can anyone confirm a beoir discount for it?
    there is, 50% upon arrival and showing your membership card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

there is, 50% upon arrival and showing your membership card.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,146 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Decided to join Beoir finally - not expecting the membership card to arrive that quick but every time I say I'll do it I don't, then see a reason for doing it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Also wondering about the RDS, are there concessions for designated drivers who won't be drinking? Iirc it was free for them last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Zaph wrote: »
    Also wondering about the RDS, are there concessions for designated drivers who won't be drinking? Iirc it was free for them last year.

How can they possibly police that?

No idea, but a couple of years ago they charged half price iirc and last year they didn't charge at all. Both times they just didn't give my wife a glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hmm walking around all day stone cold sober watching you drink beer? She must be a keeper Zaph :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Hmm walking around all day stone cold sober watching you drink beer? She must be a keeper Zaph :pac:

She was going to stop in the offie on her way home earlier to surprise me with some beer, but remembered that I seriously stocked up recently and have plenty left. She's a definite keeper! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

She should have still stopped off tbh.

L1011 wrote: »
    Decided to join Beoir finally - not expecting the membership card to arrive that quick but every time I say I'll do it I don't, then see a reason for doing it...

And it did arrive that quick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And it did arrive that quick.
    Next-day dispatch, usually. Unless I'm away or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Article in this morning's Indo about the increasing reputation of Irish brewers...
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/my-goodness-how-irelands-craft-beers-are-causing-a-global-splash-31478904.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Bru Brewery have an appeal on facebook, they've had some tapping equipment and three kegs of beer nicked, reckon it will end up at a party somewhere.

The are looking for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Bru Brewery have an appeal on facebook, they've had some tapping equipment and three kegs of beer nicked, reckon it will end up at a party somewhere.

The are looking for information.

Nasty :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Friend of mine is in Poland and found this beer. A stout called Belfast, but they've cut Northern Ireland out of the map and then have a picture of Van Gogh on the back drinking a lager.

berlfastsotut.jpg

Amateurs. For the authentic taste of Irish beer you need to go to Estonia. Cheers mates!

irish_goat wrote: »
    Friend of mine is in Poland and found this beer. A stout called Belfast, but they've cut Northern Ireland out of the map and then have a picture of Van Gogh on the back drinking a lager.

berlfastsotut.jpg

An we have lost large parts of Waterford and Cork too!!!

oblivious wrote: »

I presume Metalman, Dungarvan, 8 Degrees et al have had their stands for the weekends festival sucked in to the black hole too as a result? :pac:

• Advertisement

I presume Metalman, Dungarvan, 8 Degrees et al have had their stands for the weekends festival sucked in to the black hole too as a result? :pac:

Probably all safely up in Dublin now :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

oblivious wrote: »

Some people wouldn't count that as a loss. :p

irish_goat wrote: »
    Some people wouldn't count that as a loss. :p

I just though the rebel county wouldn't take the soup so easily :P

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Waiting to board a flight to San Fran. I've a fair few brewery and pub plans in place. Any last minute recommendations for must-try beers that I mightn't have thought have while over there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

revz wrote: »
    Waiting to board a flight to San Fran. I've a fair few brewery and pub plans in place. Any last minute recommendations for must-try beers that I mightn't have thought have while over there?

If you have the time you should try to get out to Santa Rosa and pay a visit to Russian River, preferably on a Sunday, which has an all-day happy hour.

revz wrote: »
    Thirsty bear, 21st amendment, Mikkeller bar. City beer store.

Thirsty bear, 21st amendment, Mikkeller bar. City beer store.

Great recommendation, Thirsty bear do some very tasty Belgian beers.

I would add Rough ale house up at north point area.

Also not far from 21st amendment is a Whole foods with a great beer section to take away

Also it's extremely difficult to find a bad bar in San Francisco.

My hotel had Pliny on tap! ON TAP!! I nearly fainted.

Also it's extremely difficult to find a bad bar in San Francisco.

My hotel had Pliny on tap! ON TAP!! I nearly fainted.

I walked in on a sports bar, they where give out free samples of Pliny!!! :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement