Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The random stuff thread

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

Well that sucks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

That's one way to put it.

They were turfed out of Larkin's because their brewer was being a d*ckhead was the more accurate description.

As an aside, same Brewer when he left his last job they released a beer called Miami J. Google Miami J and see what it's used to fix :pac:

Sounds to me like being turfed out was the actual ddckhead move in this scenario but ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

snowblind wrote: »
    Sounds to me like being turfed out was the actual ddckhead move in this scenario but ok

Not really. When you are such a d*ck to the staff at the premisis you are a guest in and force the owners to kick you out, it's definirely you that's the di*khead, not the team of people who tried to accomodate you for months until they eventually snapped. But sure look everyone's out of line except my boy Alejandro.

Not really. When you are such a d*ck to the staff at the premisis you are a guest in and force the owners to kick you out, it's definirely you that's the di*khead, not the team of people who tried to accomodate you for months until they eventually snapped. But sure look everyone's out of line except my boy Alejandro.
    Those are pretty harsh claims. I guess that is one side of the story. Calling people dccheads online over private discussions is a bit questionable stuff. Very unlikely that he “forced” them to kick them out, what does that even mean? Jeopardizing your own business due to intentionally getting kicked out, doesn’t sound very convincing to me?

Larkins own beers would not be on the level they are without that guy. They could def use some similar help with branding...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams) and Dogfish Head have just announced they are to merge.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/boston-beer-company-and-dogfish-head-agree-to-merge-in-300-million-deal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If anyone's at a loose end in Dublin this evening, there are still free tickets for this tasting event in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Finally made it to the Underdog on Dame St last night. Great bar...Sound bar man and a deadly selection of beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

RonanC wrote: »
    Whiplash appears to have moved breweries

DiaXgbG.jpg

And they've moved again.

hyBTPRw.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anyone know anywhere in Santiago de Compostela or Vigo? Over for the week between the two, Google is extra useless here - doesn't even have half the buses so don't expect it has all the bars

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

L1011 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in Santiago de Compostela or Vigo? Over for the week between the two, Google is extra useless here - doesn't even have half the buses so don't expect it has all the bars

I find in those sort of places Untappd can be a great help. Search for nearby checkins and see if people have tagged the bars they're drinking in.

Few places to be found by searching on the Untappd website too. See here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shown up a few places of use I think, some with very limited hours that I'll try later

Ended up in a vaguely German beer hall place right now that has O Haras stout, Punk and the big Belgians on tap as well as a decent bottle range - isn't on untappd though. Also various tapas tasters dropped out FOC

Found two decent planes in Santiago, a quite fancy one - Singulario - it's the only Untappd verified place there and even uses the app as it's bottle menu; and O Bandullo de Lambon which is in the old town and that's a bit run down and more like a tiny version of the average Dublin craft bar.

The Galician brewery Cervazas Silvestre have some decent stuff including a dangerous rocket fuel DIPA that tastes maybe half of its 8%; and a rye that's quite nice when you get over the extreme bitterness

In Vigo now and found a brand new place by wandering when waiting for a place the barman in Lambon recommended to open for the evening.

Prices are 3.50 to 4.50 a pint - actual pint glass but continental volumes of head - in craft bars and you nearly always get some form of tapas included. Cured meats, cheese boards, toasties in the craft places usually and just crisps or olives or trail mix in normal bars - but a 330 bottle of lager could be 1.80 there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Brewdog have saved cask by sticking it in a keykeg

https://twitter.com/BrewDog/status/1139905024128147456

Keykegs are going to become socially unacceptable quite soon I'd have thought - single use plastics on a grand scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They got so much flak for that tweet they ended up deleting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

To Ol have started a beer club

Silver membership costs €33,50 including free shipping
    • 6 new To Ol releases, classics, and selected collabs
    • Select To Ol CPH freshly canned releases
    • A tasting Magazine and coasters each month
    • Member benefits such as special discounts & early access for new releases

Works out around 5.50 a beer which seems pretty ok, its about what you would pay in an offie or maybe a little cheaper plus you get other bits included.

Nice for those who like a surprise beer box every month.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Zaph wrote: »

You still have to collect from there. It just makes ordering easier

RonanC wrote: »
    And they've moved again.

hyBTPRw.jpg

They've been brewing at different breweries. They're building their own brewery in Cherrywood, their blog explains the build: http://www.whiplashbeer.com/blog

Can't wait for beers from their new home, and their beer fest next month! By far the best brewery in Ireland, and now they're gonna actually have a brewery too :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Cherry Orchard, rather than Cherrywood. I hope they do a taproom eventually, it's only down the road from me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

there's no plans for a taproom afaik.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Nope no plans, as I said I hope they do one eventually. In the meantime there's Rascals :)

Advertisement