Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Koala and Panda?

Stuffed toys, I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I'm guessing she's Australian?

Nope Irish
    drake70 wrote: »
    Stuffed toys, I hope

yip (hence the 'Fuzzy babies')

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Benildus wrote: »
    "Happy second birthday Sausages and Beans!! love love my fuzzy babies!
    We love you lots!! So do Chips (the Koala),Eggs (the Kitty) and Fishfingers (the Panda)."

Posted with a picture of said furry animals sitting around a birthday cake with 2 candles.

This is a 30 something year-old college friend of mine who is in a steady relationship with a normal job etc, why she feels the need to post this madness publicly is beyond me.

i once got chatting to a girl on one of the dating sites (i can't remember which) who wanted to take her teddy bear on a date i was hoping to organise with her.

There was no date once she mentioned the stuffed toy

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

drake70 wrote: »
    Stuffed toys, I hope

I suspected but hoped I was wrong! Not that I'd want to see them as pets either but celebrating stuffed toy's birthdays is surely a step too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

A woman I work with, (38, single, living with parents) put up a picture yesterday something along the lines of happy mothers day to women with pets. Because they're our babies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

A woman I work with, (38, single, living with parents) put up a picture yesterday something along the lines of happy mothers day to women with pets. Because they're our babies too.

I saw one to all the mammy animals- as they are mothers too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

i once got chatting to a girl on one of the dating sites (i can't remember which) who wanted to take her teddy bear on a date i was hoping to organise with her.

There was no date once she mentioned the stuffed toy

Are you sure she wasn't talking about wearing a Teddy- missed out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There was one I saw a couple of times yesterday that wished a Happy Mother's Day to every variety of woman out there just to make sure nobody was left out, women that lost babies, women that lost mothers, women that have strained child relationships or strained mother relationships, people who have chosen to not be mothers and those yearning to be - that kind of 'Look how thoughful I am, you said happy mother's day to your ma but I said it to every poor unfortunate out there. I don't know how I'm able to pat myself on the back and type at the same time but I guess it's because I'm so thoughtful' post that gets on my goat. Up there with inspirational quotes about friends and learning how to live strong by ignoring haters that are beloved by a certain breed of women on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

"Happy second birthday Sausages and Beans!! love love my fuzzy babies!
    We love you lots!! So do Chips (the Koala),Eggs (the Kitty) and Fishfingers (the Panda)."

Posted with a picture of said furry animals sitting around a birthday cake with 2 candles.

This is a 30 something year-old college friend of mine who is in a steady relationship with a normal job etc, why she feels the need to post this madness publicly is beyond me.

Am I the only one that’s curious to know what are sausages and beans whose birthday it is?
    Please let it be her vibrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Are you sure she wasn't talking about wearing a Teddy- missed out there

no no, she sent me a picture of her out with said teddy bear

• Advertisement

Sadb wrote: »
    Am I the only one that’s curious to know what are sausages and beans whose birthday it is?
    Please let it be her vibrator.

SNMCC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

There are times I wonder if people post crazy stuff just to see if it gets mentioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

SNMCC.jpg

One word for this ..

Telpis .. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Nope Irish

yip (hence the 'Fuzzy babies')

So hang on!!! Sausages and Beans are cuddly toys as well?? Not real animals like dogs or cats???

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    One word for this ..

Telpis .. :D

What's Telpis??

pilly wrote: »
    So hang on!!! Sausages and Beans are cuddly toys as well?? Not real animals like dogs or cats???

yes, see post right above yours

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

What's Telpis??

Facebook shorthand for:

God help us

yes, see post right above yours

Holy ****, that is scary! I'd be worried about that persons mental health now to tell the truth. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Facebook shorthand for:

God help us

Ah FFS :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Facebook shorthand for:

God help us

Is it really? I'm pissing myself laughing at it but then thinking is it?

#confused.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is it really? I'm pissing myself laughing at it but then thinking is it?

#confused.com

It is… telpis. Obligatory joke about angles thrown in for good measure.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It is… telpis. Obligatory joke about angles thrown in for good measure.

Dont forget the 'anal' too (and all for the uninitiated)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

SNMCC.jpg

Jesus this is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

splinter65 wrote: »
    Jesus this is hilarious!

I still can't quite believe it :eek:

SNMCC.jpg

Aw dats lovely hun xox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

"Beware the Ides of March. 3 Years ago I ignored that warning & decided to go hiking. And it was there, on the Mountains, that I met my undoing - The one and only Mr. *******! Sure, I posted something like this last year. But I don't care!... I will forget birthdays and anniversaries, I will most certainly forget your name and call you something else entirely, But I will always remember this day! Not because it seems so iconic to find each other on mountain tops, or because I was resigned to; " that it won't happen to me", then went all Bambi and got "Twitterpated". I will remember it because for better or worse, or somewhere in between, my life changed! Now I have to Thank a couple of people, because if it weren't for them, we might not have met. Thanks ****! You're the reason I and looked back. You were being so kind, holding down the barbed wire so we all could climb over. Since I thought I was the last person I assumed you'd walk with me at least for a bit before catching up with the rest. So when you went missing, I looked back and there he was!
    I also have to Thank ****. After the hike **** asked to exchange email addresses. A bit strange, considering we were and still in the Age of Facebook. I really did not know what to do. Do I email him right away, do I wait a couple of weeks? Every scenario that you've seen in a movie, TV, YouTube & any other social media, between my ears. In my desperation, I emailed **** and asked what I should do! I KNOW! a middle aged woman asking for advice on contacting a guy I like. Seriously, in this area of life, there isn't much difference between 13 and 40 something or other. Anyway, I asked **** and he said YES! email him back! Email him back right away! And I did! Some of the best advice I ever had! And there you have it! 5 months & 5 days later we were official!

****, another reason why I will always remember when we met is because regardless of how you feel about me, I LOVE YOU! Sweet & simple."

The last line makes her sound like a stalker! And Yes, she is nuts!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Why is she talking to him in public on Facebook?

Oh yeah, for attention. Sorry I forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

Jesus, I thought it was a posthumous narration- the day I met my murderer type thing. It’s a bit dark to be a love story, is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

What was he doing roaming the mountains alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

When I started reading it, I thought at first that maybe she had bumped into Larry Murphy or something, and that it was going to be a real story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement