Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

optogirl wrote: »
    Jaysus - I said it grinds my gears and gave my reasons. People posting about how well their kids are doing in school annoys me. I have no hidden agenda here. Cabin fever got to you already?

Your original objection was that it could upset/offend less fortunate parents, not that it's vomit inducing or annoying. What right have you or anyone else to force guilt on someone for something good that happened to them? I'd sooner defend a hundred slightly stupid but genuine and happy posts than one nasty/perpetually offended/"privilege checking" reply.

Anyway that's way off topic so I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

benjamin d wrote: »
    Your original objection was that it could upset/offend less fortunate parents, not that it's vomit inducing or annoying. What right have you or anyone else to force guilt on someone for something good that happened to them? I'd sooner defend a hundred slightly stupid but genuine and happy posts than one nasty/perpetually offended/"privilege checking" reply.

Anyway that's way off topic so I'll leave it there.

Ah come on - am I in the wrong thread? The title alone sets us all up for judging others surely. It's full of people annoyed at people being happy! I'm not forcing guilt on anyone - I'm saying it annoys me for those reasons, i'm not responding to her directly to tell her. Instead I'm saying it here like every other poster. I feel like I've really offended you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

rawn wrote:
    I forgot to mention most of her statuses are accompanied by pictures - feet up, pre/post gym selfies, pics of furniture etc
    She should be on Instagram rather than fb with that muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

optogirl wrote: »
    Ah come on - this thread is full of people annoyed at people being happy! I'm not forcing guilt on anyone - I'm saying it annoys me for those reasons, i'm not responding to her directly to tell her. Instead I'm saying it here like every other poster. I feel like I've really offended you :confused:

You haven't offended me in the slightest, I'm just saying that your reply is a bigger "dumb status" candidate than the original post that you were responding to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

benjamin d wrote: »
    There was a flurry of those types of posts floating around a while back, which is why I commented above.

The one I remember most was a fairly innocuous one about someone spending the day baking with their mom (Americans) and getting a pretty mental reply saying they were selfish and inconsiderate posting because some people didn't have moms to bake with.

If it's not your post, you don't have the right to impose guilt on someone else's perfectly reasonable happiness, whether or not their post is stupid.

That's just the new craze of being offended by absolutely anything at all. They wake up looking to be outraged by something. It's becoming a horrible world to live in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

"When people say up the ra Brits out and then call themselves catholic😂😂😂, how do you think Catholics started in the first place the English 😂😂, the book of kells is proof of druid monks excited and weren't catholic English created Catholics and should be common sense prods religion was made by martin Luther to stop the priests from doing what they are doing 🤣 and not martin luther king! If you listened at school youd know he was a wise holy man! your whole lives are lies and can easily proof what i say, **** the parties i wouldn't even like an invite 🖕🏻"

And not Martin Luther King, thanks for clearing that up.I was confused there for a minute :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

So edgy and brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

If anyone has any lil girls getting on 40 to and from town for school or anything be careful i was asked by some fella did i want to have sex i was standing when he kept moving closer to me i new he was up to something he was playing with hes private part saying this then touching me saying he will see me later it does go to show u about all them people going missing is from likes these people 😠😠😠 bo shame atal

…and a reply,
    U should of gave him such a boot in the bollox he woulib playing wit it again drity scum...get police and video of the bus ...drity pervy **** ..u ok hun 😈😈👊👊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

U should of gave him such a boot in the bollox he woulib playing wit it again drity scum...get police and video of the bus ...drity pervy **** ..u ok hun 😈😈👊👊

Benjamin d and optogirl take note, this is the gold/bread that we are after!

mackeire wrote: »
    U should of gave him such a boot in the bollox he woulib playing wit it again drity scum...get police and video of the bus ...drity pervy **** ..u ok hun ��������

Benjamin d and optogirl take note, this is the gold/bread that we are after!

Duly noted - I woulib try harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Seriously not in good ****ing humour the Galway city council you useless pack of bastards sham on you today while I was in town I went to use the toilets up at the square the one's you put the money in and low and be hold there was a man in his mid to late 30,s laying there on the floor of the toilet's such a horrible thing to come across in this day and age your given the refugee's house worth 2 million for 15 euro a week and leaving or own people to rot on the streets in this freezing cold weather one more thing did i mention the man I came across in the toilet's was dead I knew by the colour of his lips he'd been dead since the early hours or this morning so Galway city council I strongly suggest you pull your finger's out of your ****ing arses and start sorting this housing crisis that you say isn't happening out you make sick you people are ****ing vile

The comments are rather special too:
    Person 1: Housing every other nationality but our own. Shameful carry on (132 likes for this gem)
    OP replies: That's what getting on my nerves. It's the 3rd person since the summer to be found dead in those toilet's
    Person 2: Well done man god rest da poor man over x
    OP again, replying to someone telling him he's great and the council people are the devil: Too right I'd doubt they will batter an eye lid something has got to be done about this this can not continue
    And the voice of reason: Why would ya lie about something like this ya sick fool? Lay off the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

dee_mc wrote: »
    Seriously not in good ****ing humour .........vile

And the voice of reason: Why would ya lie about something like this ya sick fool? Lay off the snow

Was this post a lie? Did this person not find someone dead in a public toilet? What sort of person would lie about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Seriously not in good ****ing humour the Galway city council you useless pack of bastards sham on you today while I was in town I went to use the toilets up at the square the one's you put the money in and low and be hold there was a man in his mid to late 30,s laying there on the floor of the toilet's such a horrible thing to come across in this day and age your given the refugee's house worth 2 million for 15 euro a week and leaving or own people to rot on the streets in this freezing cold weather one more thing did i mention the man I came across in the toilet's was dead I knew by the colour of his lips he'd been dead since the early hours or this morning so Galway city council I strongly suggest you pull your finger's out of your ****ing arses and start sorting this housing crisis that you say isn't happening out you make sick you people are ****ing vile

Person 1: Housing every other nationality but our own. Shameful carry on (132 likes for this gem)
    OP replies: That's what getting on my nerves. It's the 3rd person since the summer to be found dead in those toilet's
    OP again, replying to someone telling him he's great and the council people are the devil: Too right I'd doubt they will batter an eye lid something has got to be done about this this can not continue

By any chance is this person Irish and living in a free house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Yesterday about 6 or 7pm when it was already chucking it down.
    "Does anyone know where I can get a sleigh tryed everywhere surly somew here has them"

Yes, possibly 7 hours previous while the shops were still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yesterday about 6 or 7pm when it was already chucking it down.
    "Does anyone know where I can get a sleigh tryed everywhere surly somew here has them"

Yes, possibly 7 hours previous while the shops were still open.

Please say you replied with "use the baking tray in your oven"?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

This was forwarded to my phone yesterday

"Very Urgent ...*
    This message is from Garda Kieran Scanlon JLO in Kilkenny and is genuine.
    Please pass around to your family and friends...!!!
    People have been receiving *calls from*
    +375602605281,
    +37127913091
    +37178565072
    +56322553736
    +37052529259
    +255901130460
    or any number starting from
    +375,
    +371 number
    +381
    One ring & hang up.
    *If you call back, they can copy your contact list in 3sec* &
    If U have bank or Credit card details on your phone, they can copy that too...
    +375 is from Belarus.
    +371 is code for Lativa.
    +381 Serbia
    +563- Valparaiso
    +370- Vilnius
    +255- Tanzania
    *Don't answer*
    or *Call back.*
    *Also, Don't Press*
    *#90 or #09* on your Mobile when asked by any caller.
    *It's a New Trick to access your SIM card* Make calls at your expense and frame you as a criminal.
    *Forward this message* to as many friends as U can to stop it."

Ah sure them fellas out in Valparaiso will do anything to make a few bob, the divils.....

I love a bettered eyelid with a scoop of chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

"Cabon fever settin in and I cant even get to the shops or get me nails done with me ma as i always do of r firday."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Schwanz wrote: »
    "Cabon fever settin in and I cant even get to the shops or get me nails done with me ma as i always do of r firday."

Ah Firday. The day when the vikings traditionally cut branches from a fir tree and buggered Irish monks with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Schwanz wrote: »

Damn you, Red Weather Warning! I wouldn't mind but my ring finger nail has a chip in it, and I can't concentrate till it's done

• Advertisement

Was this post a lie? Did this person not find someone dead in a public toilet? What sort of person would lie about that?

I'm not sure of the details - it happened in Galway and it was a Galway city page that questioned/rejected his claim. Someone else said there'd been no mention of it in the local paper, and the OP said it hadn't been reported to Gardai - I'm not sure how he'd know that, although it appears he has a lot of dealings with them ;)

pgj2015 wrote: »

He's Irish, yes. Although you'd be forgiven for doubting that English is his first language :D
    I don't know who pays his rent, I presume we all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

coolhull wrote: »
    This was forwarded to my phone yesterday

"Very Urgent ...*
    This message is from Garda Kieran Scanlon JLO in Kilkenny and is genuine.
    Please pass around to your family and friends...!!!
    People have been receiving *calls from*
    +375602605281,
    +37127913091
    +37178565072
    +56322553736
    +37052529259
    +255901130460
    or any number starting from
    +375,
    +371 number
    +381
    One ring & hang up.
    *If you call back, they can copy your contact list in 3sec* &
    If U have bank or Credit card details on your phone, they can copy that too...
    +375 is from Belarus.
    +371 is code for Lativa.
    +381 Serbia
    +563- Valparaiso
    +370- Vilnius
    +255- Tanzania
    *Don't answer*
    or *Call back.*
    *Also, Don't Press*
    *#90 or #09* on your Mobile when asked by any caller.
    *It's a New Trick to access your SIM card* Make calls at your expense and frame you as a criminal.
    *Forward this message* to as many friends as U can to stop it."

Ah sure them fellas out in Valparaiso will do anything to make a few bob, the divils.....

Got a missed call from one of those numbers today!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

You mean squatting? I don't see any other way of living in a "free" house.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Makes me sick to my stomach the ignorance and lack of empathy here
    Most people wouldn’t have been able to access their social welfare payment due to post office being closed.
    Everybody saying “lack of respect”
    Explain to me how exactly people marginalised and **** on their entire lives are supposed to respect institutions and authorities and social contructs that haven’t give a remote **** about them since they were born.
    Most people born through no fault of their own as human beings in this universe into poverty, discrimination and stigmatization and actually - hate and repulsion and exclusion - and we expect them to “respect” our privileged positions. Get real. Most people in those positions have more authenticity and vulnerability than anyone commenting from their set of coping skills and environment that isn’t their doing, their merit, their achievement - just pure luck and circumstance
    Blessed to never have to live a life you’ll never understand or extend an iota of humanity to
    If you believe in god . Or spirituality or whatever. There but for the grace of god go i. Shameful, open your hearts and minds
    I’m delighted that those guys claimed that moment of empowerment and I hope you enjoyed it . You deserve it and I love you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Most people wouldn’t have been able to access their social welfare payment due to post office being closed.
    Explain to me how exactly people marginalised and **** on their entire lives are supposed to respect institutions and authorities and social contructs that haven’t give a remote **** about them since they were born.
    Most people born through no fault of their own as human beings in this universe into poverty, discrimination and stigmatization and actually - hate and repulsion and exclusion - and we expect them to “respect” our privileged positions. Get real. Most people in those positions have more authenticity and vulnerability than anyone commenting from their set of coping skills and environment that isn’t their doing, their merit, their achievement - just pure luck and circumstance
    Blessed to never have to live a life you’ll never understand or extend an iota of humanity to
    If you believe in god . Or spirituality or whatever. There but for the grace of god go i. Shameful, open your hearts and minds
    I’m delighted that those guys claimed that moment of empowerment and I hope you enjoyed it . You deserve it and I love you
    Is this in reference to the Lidl riots?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Is this in reference to the Lidl riots?

Sure is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭pgj2015

growing up in a poor family in a poor area is no excuse for looting shops and acting like a scumbag. why don't these wasters try to better themselves and get an education or start their own business. Most entrepreneurs are born to dirt poor families but find success by working hard and getting on with things, not feeling sorry for themselves and thinking the world owes they a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

growing up in a poor family in a poor area is no excuse for looting shops and acting like a scumbag. why don't these wasters try to better themselves and get an education or start their own business. Most entrepreneurs are born to dirt poor families but find success by working hard and getting on with things, not feeling sorry for themselves and thinking the world owes they a living.

Why would they when they have no interest in bettering themselves? Sure it's far easier to turn to crime, than work hard for what they want. Dirty useless cnuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I just realised the sun is a planet made of fire all of the planets are made up of the four elements i have been think the sun was creator light is the creator and blackness its just moving in the way of the light that's how season are formed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement