Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

pilly wrote: »
    And you think it's amusing?

The fact that no one dares to name the elephant in the room? Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I actually dont get it .... :S ..

edit - wait is it a pass to get free travel ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I actually dont get it .... :S ..

It's a very old VERY derogatory term for people with special needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Watch out for a nutcase in their back garden playing a flute and dancing around! :pac:

"With not having the greatest of weeks, months ... time ... and not looking forward to the upcoming weeks, months ... time ... And being that it's not that cold outside with more night ahead. I think I could due with a good hoof polishing and a horn sharpening so that I can go out with my flute to play and dance in my back garden"

Same person again :pac:

"I get a bit, just a bit annoyed, when I come home from an event and find crusty eye boogers in the corner of my eyes. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SAY ANYTHING!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

He sounds like a bit of a flute alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

"With not having the greatest of weeks, months ... time ... and not looking forward to the upcoming weeks, months ... time ... And being that it's not that cold outside with more night ahead. I think I could due with a good hoof polishing and a horn sharpening so that I can go out with my flute to play and dance in my back garden"

U OK HUN?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The #WarriorandthePrincess are back...
    "Making memories with you, is my favorite thing to do." || Jordy Daniel

Sixty-four months of making memories together as boyfriend and girlfriend which beautifully merged into our covenant and title of husband and wife. Sixty-four months of laughter and inside jokes, growing in conflict and forgiveness, stresses and loss, excitement and new opportunities. Through every moment, I am grateful to be your wife, [husband].

Thank you for sixty-four months of dating me and pursing my heart, in the every-day moments that count the most. Thank you for growing with me, closer to Christ.

couple selfie: 5dmkII ISO 1000, 24mm, f/2.8, 1/15sec

#chicago #[surname]adventures #waybettertogether #datinganniversary
    Whilst showing [husband] the newest completed addition to my up-and-coming creative line for my Etsy shop . . .

Me: (sing-songy) "See!! Isn't it cute!?"
    [Husband]: (shocked) "Wait, you made that! Today?"
    Me: (pleased) "Yep!"
    [Husband]: (enthusiastically) "Dude, this is amazing!! I love this color! (pause in awe) I want one, I would totally buy this for me!!"
    Me: (matter-of-fact) "It's too small for you, it's for babies!"
    [Husband]: (insisting) "Then I would buy one for my baby!"

He's so utterly supportive. <3
    I love him!

#nowearenotpregnant #hemakesmelaugh #etsy #creatives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Talking to your Husband like that in public on Facebook is just fishing for likes and attention. It's the same as the clowns talking to their dead relatives on Facebook.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

This world is much more intertainment than we know, is like you say wooow when you meet with something u never sawand this page is killing it with woow things ��

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"This is scary. Especially if you are the parent of a young child. This man is Phillipe Gandus, a notorious child snatcher. He arrived in Dublin on friday and is now walking our streets. He's staying in a hostel in the City Centre. The gardai know who he is but were powerless to stop him coming into the country even though he's "high risk".. The scariest part of this story is that when he arrived into Dublin on Friday, he had a suitcase full of toys. Spread the word and warn parents to be vigilant."

A guy in his 40s thay i used to work with shared this, with a photo. How do they know his suitcase is full of toys??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

retalivity wrote: »
    "This is scary. Especially if you are the parent of a young child. This man is Phillipe Gandus, a notorious child snatcher. He arrived in Dublin on friday and is now walking our streets. He's staying in a hostel in the City Centre. The gardai know who he is but were powerless to stop him coming into the country even though he's "high risk".. The scariest part of this story is that when he arrived into Dublin on Friday, he had a suitcase full of toys. Spread the word and warn parents to be vigilant."

A guy in his 40s thay i used to work with shared this, with a photo. How do they know his suitcase is full of toys??

Just looked it up, the original post is from three years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

retalivity wrote: »

The suitcase full of toys made me laugh :D According to FB posts, the notorious Larry Murphy is some kind of omnipresent deity with the ability to be in half the country at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭pgj2015

rawn wrote: »
    A friend of a friend added me on fb after we got on well at a wedding, lovely girl but **** ME she posts EVERYTHING she does on FB. Everytime she gets new furniture, goes to the gym, eats a grape, goes to work, comes home from work - she puts it on Facebook. WHY!

put some of it up, that is what the thread is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

A friend of a friend added me on fb after we got on well at a wedding, lovely girl but **** ME she posts EVERYTHING she does on FB. Everytime she gets new furniture, goes to the gym, eats a grape, goes to work, comes home from work - she puts it on Facebook. WHY!

Why ?

Good article on the subject :

https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/07/7-ways-to-be-insufferable-on-facebook.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

pgj2015 wrote: »
    put some of it up, that is what the thread is for.

Bathroom nearly done thanks babe love it no pics till its ready xoxoxo

Such a stressfull ****y day bottle of wine and chill is needed uggggggghhhhhh

That dreaded feeling you get when your child tells you the teacher wants to talk to you and you walk over expecting the worse and then she tells you how brilliant and well your childs doing and that you should be proud of how well she is coming on since last year and i am super proud love you baby girl no more tears and i cant your my world and you can do anything xxxx ❤❤❤ xxxx ❤❤❤

Omg madness in shops im worrying now do i have enough in lol ................

ust went out to put the bins out and have been shaken all over ever since ffs then got thinking of he poor homeless out there in this cold its heartbreaking xo xo xo ������

Gym bound then work happy monday

Ironing done time to chill ������

My fave wine time to chill ❤�� need to invest in new wine classes �� happy saturday xoxox

New mirror love it ❤❤❤❤

Movie time ❤❤❤

2nd day in the gym and out shopping on my feet all day feel like ive gone ten rounds with mike tyson but loving it poor *boyfriend*asleep bolax*child* in bed time for me to have some well earned me time happy friday people stay safe ❤❤❤❤❤

Came home to this lovely new coffee table im in love with it thanks babe ������❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

No lecky need tea ffs great start to the day lol happy Friday lol ����������

Watching the brit awards with my lil mini me ❤️��❤️��❤️

Bopping round the the park listening to Eminem I'm not right in the head lol morning walk let's be haven you ����❤️����✌️��

So I've decided I'm going do this new me new year bull**** a bit late but **** it I never was one to follow the sheep. Healthy mind healthy body happy life. Some people may not like the new me but they can go and jog on if you don't like it simply **** off. &#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469;&#55357;&#56469; #freshstart #nomorebull****

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Bopping round the the park listening to Eminem I'm not right in the head lol

Can't argue with that particular status.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Jesus Christ. Such a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

That dreaded feeling you get when your child tells you the teacher wants to talk to you and you walk over expecting the worse and then she tells you how brilliant and well your childs doing and that you should be proud of how well she is coming on since last year and i am super proud love you baby girl no more tears and i cant your my world and you can do anything xxxx ❤❤❤ xxxx ❤❤❤

People that put this kind of stuff up really grind my gears - do they not know ANYONE who has a child who may be struggling/unable to attend school due to sickness/getting in trouble - as bad as people posting school reports & exam results. Pis* right off and take your head out of your own ar*e for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

optogirl wrote: »
    People that put this kind of stuff up really grind my gears - do they not know ANYONE who has a child who may be struggling/unable to attend school due to sickness/getting in trouble - as bad as people posting school reports & exam results. Pis* right off and take your head out of your own ar*e for a second.

Sorry but this reply is just as dumb as the original status tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

benjamin d wrote: »

This reminds me of something - the daughter of a friend of my wife (if that makes sense) announced on facebook a while back that she was pregnant, and put up a picture of the scan. Some other friend of the mother posted something under it to the effect of "not being funny here, but unfair to put this up, what about all the people who can't have kids or have lost babies"

We thought it was just about the craziest and weirdest thing we'd ever seen on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I think there may have been a glitch , that post clearly should've been in Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Gravelly wrote: »
    This reminds me of something - the daughter of a friend of my wife (if that makes sense) announced on facebook a while back that she was pregnant, and put up a picture of the scan. Some other friend of the mother posted something under it to the effect of "not being funny here, but unfair to put this up, what about all the people who can't have kids or have lost babies"

We thought it was just about the craziest and weirdest thing we'd ever seen on there.

There was a flurry of those types of posts floating around a while back, which is why I commented above.

The one I remember most was a fairly innocuous one about someone spending the day baking with their mom (Americans) and getting a pretty mental reply saying they were selfish and inconsiderate posting because some people didn't have moms to bake with.

If it's not your post, you don't have the right to impose guilt on someone else's perfectly reasonable happiness, whether or not their post is stupid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Gravelly wrote: »

And because of the same reason, people should keep their kids indoors at all time.

Jesus, that was a lot worse than i thought. I thought it would just be the usual just had the best toasted cheese sandwich, back from the gym etc but that stuff about how great her kid is at school, new year new me crap, how did you get on with her when you met her at the wedding? what a dose. also any time i have heard someone say how great their child is doing at school, I always think really? she didn't inherit her intellect from you then. usually someone who never worked a day in her/his life, never got any kind of education, or did anything with their lives.

Maybe their kids are doing well at school but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

inforfun wrote: »
    And because of the same reason, people should keep their kids indoors at all time.

Or as we said, maybe people should stop having children altogether in case somebody takes offence.

fair enough but it's not on facebook - it's on a discussion board about statuses that annoy you on facebook. I'm not saying people shouldn't post about their kids but posting about your kids teacher telling you how great she is is a bit vomit inducing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

fair enough but it's not on facebook - it's on a discussion board about statuses that annoy you on facebook. I'm not saying people shouldn't post about their kids but posting about your kids teacher telling you how great she is is a bit vomit inducing for me

So you object because it's vomit inducing now? It's no longer to do with offending parents who's kids can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Jesus, that was a lot worse than i thought. I thought it would just be the usual just had the best toasted cheese sandwich, back from the gym etc but that stuff about how great her kid is at school, new year new me crap, how did you get on with her when you met her at the wedding? what a dose. also any time i have heard someone say how great their child is doing at school, I always think really? she didn't inherit her intellect from you then. usually someone who never worked a day in her/his life, never got any kind of education, or did anything with their lives.

Maybe their kids are doing well at school but I doubt it.

She's really lovely, very friendly and chatty! Her profile says she's a full-time mammy :rolleyes: but she actually does have a job so go figure! I forgot to mention most of her statuses are accompanied by pictures - feet up, pre/post gym selfies, pics of furniture etc

El Weirdo wrote: »
    So you object because it's vomit inducing now? It's no longer to do with offending parents who's kids can't read good and wanna learn to do other stuff good too?

Jaysus - I said it grinds my gears and gave my reasons. People posting about how well their kids are doing in school annoys me. I have no hidden agenda here. Cabin fever got to you already?

• Advertisement

She's really lovely, very friendly and chatty! Her profile says she's a full-time mammy :rolleyes: but she actually does have a job so go figure! I forgot to mention most of her statuses are accompanied by pictures - feet up, pre/post gym selfies, pics of furniture etc

the post i dont get the most is the new year new me one, "if you dont like the new me you can f**k off " "Healthy mind healthy body happy life" why does she think people will have a problem with the new her?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement