Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Options
1111112113114115117»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brusna

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm dead serious about McCurry for a full forward shout though. He was just superb this year.
    I'd strongly consider McCurry and Donnelly as well. Matter of time before McCurry is recognised as one of the elite inside forwards, classy footballer. Anthony Maher hasn't had a great year from what I've seen.

In Tyrone's 7 games in the Championship McCurry only played the full game twice. He didn't even start against Meath. He got man of the match against Sligo but apart from that he hasn't been overly impressive. For what it's worth I thought Conor McAliskey was Tyrone's most consistent forward this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Just checking isn't it Sunday week football final is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Just checking isn't it Sunday week football final is?

It is indeed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Brusna wrote: »
    In Tyrone's 7 games in the Championship McCurry only played the full game twice. He didn't even start against Meath. He got man of the match against Sligo but apart from that he hasn't been overly impressive. For what it's worth I thought Conor McAliskey was Tyrone's most consistent forward this year.

McCurry was better than McAliskey by some distance this year. He was our most consistent scorer and ended up taking most free's too which he was going great at until the Kerry game.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brusna

Jayop wrote: »
    McCurry was better than McAliskey by some distance this year. He was our most consistent scorer and ended up taking most free's too which he was going great at until the Kerry game.

If you include the league then yes McCurry scored more. In the championship they both scored the same McCurry 1-22(11f) and McAliskey 0-25(13f).

Anyway back to the point. I don't think McCurry is anywhere near team of the year. The top players don't get taken off on a regular basis. They are the ones who will always deliver and are always there working hard for the team for the full 70 minutes. Mattie Donnelly does this for Tyrone.

Conor McManus is way ahead of McCurry in my opinion. He scored 1-26 and played every minute in Monaghan's 4 championship games. He is a class act who I think deserves an all-star award.

Advertisement