Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

RTÉ tipping Tyrone. Odd given how much they bigged up Kerry earlier in the piece.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2015/0820/722498-at-a-glance-championship-weekend/

Tyrone are going to get absolutely shafted on Sunday. You heard it here first

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Peist2007 wrote: »

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Nah.

Perhaps he means by the referee?

Jippo wrote: »
    Perhaps he means by the referee?

Now that you say it...

See what you've done. I've managed to miss out on potential conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I've been saying the same elsewhere all week, Deegan will ride Tyrone up and down the field I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

keane2097 wrote: »
    I've been saying the same elsewhere all week, Deegan will ride Tyrone up and down the field I reckon.

Ah FFS we'll be modding into the small hours :pac:

Dunno seriously to what extent Deegan will ref this game differently, but I said elsewhere that Tyrone will need to find the net a few times as they will not get the same volume of scoreable frees on Sunday as they had previously

keane2097 wrote: »

Yeah i meant in refereeing terms! Mark my words, depresses me but it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Ffs the Tyrone conspiracy theories are as bad as listening to Liam McHale moaning and whinging about 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Murphy gets away with murder on the field, why would it be a surprise that he gets away with it off the field as well? If referees had any balls Murphy would have had a few black cards this year, but he got away with it every time because of who he is.
    Murphy did receive a few black cards this year and served a one match suspension due to the numbers received. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant though.

Ffs the Tyrone conspiracy theories are as bad as listening to Liam McHale moaning and whinging about 1996.

Jaysus you got 2 for 1 here so. Peist is a Mayoman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

RTÉ tipping Tyrone. Odd given how much they bigged up Kerry earlier in the piece.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2015/0820/722498-at-a-glance-championship-weekend/
    RTE trying reverse psychology in their latest attempt to put Tyrone down....

Double whammy, ouch!

Double whammy, ouch!

Surprised there was no mention of Charlie Redmond as well.

Surprised there was no mention of Charlie Redmond as well.

I wont even go into why Liam McHale cant be begrudged for a moan about 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Jaysus the excuses are coming in early for this one. Deegan could ride Kerry at this rate and he'll still get crucified if Tyrone lose.

FWIW I'm taking Kerry by 7 in a handy enough win. Monaghan made Tyrone look good the last day and Kerry have a better hand than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Don't lend much credence to the idea that Maurice Deegan will go out to get Tyrone,he's a pretty decent referee who'll officiate in line with the rules.It's up to both sets of players to be aware that in the light of the Hairgate fiasco little nonsense will likely be tolerated.

Expecting Kerry to win by around 5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,213 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Murphy did receive a few black cards this year and served a one match suspension due to the numbers received. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant though.

Yawn. I am of course talking about the championship, you know, the games that actually matter. The Ulster final for one.

It is nice that you think you made a point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Oh I didn't know you were from Mayo. I won't stir though!

Jippo wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know you were from Mayo. I won't stir though!

You'll be doing well to stir me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Tiernan McCann's ban has been thrown out and he is set to play.

Kevin Keanes ban is overturned and he is set to play.No action taken against Michel Murphy for instigating the incident either.

No action at all taken against Paul Finlay despite him punching a player on the back of the head.

The GAA's disciplinary bodies really are a disgrace.All 4 players above should be banned for some length of time but again the GAA have decided to turn a blind eye ill discipline but will then wonder why the players don't behave themselves.

The whole retrospective punishment procedure seems to be as follows:
    1) if game is televised sunday game analyst like Spillane or Brolly launch an eloquent soliloquy about an unsavoury incident and it's the end of the world as we know it. If game not televised "ah well, what'll you do".
    2) sunday game at half nine will have 10 angles of the incident. Mc Stay will nearly cry, Des Cahill will nod like a nodding dog "yeeeeeaaa tirrible"
    3) morning ireland will continue to discuss, liveline might even get involved "think of the children joe". Mary from Westmeath won't have little Johnny playing a game like this. Calls for someone to do something.
    4) the CCCCCCCCCCCC will be forced to do something. Will realise the rulebook is rubbish and ambiguous. Impose a ban anyway. Unless it's Cork of course, "sure Frank knows all rules. You wont outsmart him in the DRA the CCCCCCCCCCCC Conclude"
    5) wronged county will ring clare county board and loughnane from 98 on how to foster the siege mentality and get lessons in circling wagons.
    6) county board will ring Frank Murphy for guidance. Netflix commission "better call Frank"
    7) DRA overturn decision. Prepare for the next hullabaloo.

Seriously though, an independent match citing commissioner should be brought in for games. Reviews footage and decides if a player has a case to answer. Everyone happy.

• Advertisement

Browney7 wrote: »
    5) wronged county will ring clare county board and loughnane from 98 on how to foster the siege mentality and get lessons in circling wagons.

CLASSIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pat Spillane and eloquent soliloquy in one sentence!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Pat Spillane and eloquent soliloquy in one sentence!

I'd love to hear him say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I'd love to hear him say it.

Sol, sol, solinnnntinsity!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Browney7 wrote: »
    1) if game is televised sunday game analyst like Spillane or Brolly launch an eloquent soliloquy about an unsavoury incident and it's the end of the world as we know it. If game not televised "ah well, what'll you do".

https://youtu.be/8d8h1lbzoHY

• Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

tyrone vs mayo final

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Difficult to see past Kerry on Sunday, they simply have better and more experienced players than Tyrone at the moment, particularly in the forwards. All else being equal it will be very difficult for Tyrone to get enough scores to get over the line. I'd expect Tyrone to make a good game of it, and Sean Cavanagh could cause problems inside but I'd be confident that Kerry have the forwards to progress.

The loss of Sheehan through injury is a pity for Kerry. A reliable long range free taker would make the task a lot easier. Hoping for a good game, though I suspect it may be a dour enough affair with a lot of pulling and dragging etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mickeyk wrote: »
    Difficult to see past Kerry on Sunday, they simply have better and more experienced players than Tyrone at the moment, particularly in the forwards. All else being equal it will be very difficult for Tyrone to get enough scores to get over the line. I'd expect Tyrone to make a good game of it, and Sean Cavanagh could cause problems inside but I'd be confident that Kerry have the forwards to progress.

I guess it really is, difficult to see past Kerry. They have some fantastic players and IMO Tyrone simply don't.

I don't see it as similar to Donegal from 2012. They had a core of great players. As I said before I haven't seen that much of Tyrone, I could very well be wrong, but if they do beat Kerry then fair play to them. Dublin/Mayo will get a good look at them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MattB11

Kerry by 3 or 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Very interested to see if Tyrone bring that same rabid intensity to proceedings.

I know its a semi but i don't think they will tbh. Kerry to win handy.

Advertisement