Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2015 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

yop wrote: »
    Your all a bunch of w@nkers and I hate you all.

Mayo4Sam.

:D

Is that better.....

Much much better. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jayop wrote: »
    Much much better. :)

Fup off you, you fupping fupper ya.

I think we need to introduce John and Mary quotes in this discussions, that okay Mods...
    http://www.thefathertedguide.co.uk/father-ted-quotes-johnandmary.htm

I'm kidding btw ha ha!

Back on topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It rarely takes ye long to get out of the blocks. The whiff of criticism and "boom"!

Whatever about that Kerry team being "great", Mayo were appalling on AIF day.

Yet Tyrone always held the upper hand against that great team.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

It rarely takes ye long to get out of the blocks. The whiff of criticism and "boom"!

Whateverarrow-10x10.png about that Kerry team being "great", Mayo were appalling on AIF day.
    Lol-yeah touch sensitive to criticism down there-Mayo have never choked in a final dontcha know:):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

harpsman wrote: »
    Lol-yeah touch sensitive to criticism down there-Mayo have never choked in a final dontcha know:):)

I think if you bothered to read you would see no offence at all was taken and this was acknowledged by the poster.

Dont you have another thrilling defensive system to be devising up there? Cant wait to see what you excite us all with next year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Kerry were definitely not thumped in that 2013 semi. They played out of their skins and ran out of steam in the final few minutes at which point Dublin deservedly pulled away. There was an element of luck about Mcmenamins goal too (many think he was going for a point) which completely knocked the wind out of Kerry. Water under the bridge now and the correct team won on the day, no question. Was very proud to be a kerryman that day as we weren't given a hope and gave a great account of ourselves.

We have definitely improved since 2013 in terms of personnel (the emergence of Moran and o'donaghue as top players in particular), fitness and tactical astuteness. Whether it will be enough to retain the AI remains to be seen, recent history suggests it's not likely but we shall see. Can't wait for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Peist2007 wrote: »
    No worries amigo. I am 33 and i have been to every All Ireland since 1989. Even spent a couple of nights with the team in the Grand Hotel All Ireland weekend in 1989, as a 7 year old it was epic.

Of the finals i have seen the only ones Mayo should have won were 1996 and 2013. All others i thought they were second best.

As for 2013, the last 10 minutes were grand for you because the Dubs adopted Tyrone tactics for the last 10 and started playing bulldog out the field :D

In 2013, Mayo only scored once from play, in the entire second half of the game. I don't know any one can take from that fact, that Mayo should have won the game. Dublin also had 3 players who were physically and mentally away with the fairies for the last quarter of the game. The margin of victory probably would have been even bigger but for our large amount of walking wounded.

And as for adopting Tyrone tactics in the last 10 minutes. No we didn't. We simply copied what Mayo did one year before in the 2012 semi final. Karma really can be a bitch sometimes. :D

It always makes me laugh when Kerry & Mayo people dismiss Dublins 2011 & 2013 goals as lucky or flukey, or goals that an average corner forward on an U10 team could score, if the breaks came his way. But when one of their own scores a goal in a semi final or final, it's a master craftsman stamping his authority and genius all over the game, or some such shyte. As the great Napoleon Bonaparte said - Give me a lucky general over a brilliant one, any day of the week !

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

McCann cleared to play.

Jippo wrote: »
    McCann cleared to play.

Declan Bogue ‏@DeclanBogue 2m2 minutes ago
    Hearing from a cast-iron source that Tiernan McCann is still in a hearing. Some lads jumping too soon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Wow, nobody saw that coming (in best sarcastic voice)

The GAA and the CCCC have made themselves look like a bunch of fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I have a feeling that this game will have all the quality of the 2014 All Ireland final.

Kerry as we all know are better up front than at the back.

Tyrone are as about as defensive team as you can get.

So the good Kerry forwards will not get the same amount of space as they have had before, but at the same time the Tyrone attack are far from world beaters.

It will be a rough defensive contest, with Kerry winning it based on having enough overall ability to get across the line, but not convincingly.

Brian Sheehan will have to be at his very best for 70mins to convert long frees, which Tyrone are far more likely to give away than closer in ones.

If JOD is playing his shoulder will be tested at every occasion by Tyrone

RTE have deleted this tweet.

Not the first time the RTE GAA department has had to roll back on tweets this week. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

RTE have deleted this tweet.

Not the first time the RTE GAA department has had to roll back on tweets this week. :rolleyes:

there was a re-tweet from the Irish Independent on the Mayo GAA twitter feed that has also been removed.

By the way Kevin Keane red downgraded to a yellow, he is available v Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I have a feeling that this game will have all the quality of the 2014 All Ireland final.

Kerry as we all know are better up front than at the back.

Tyrone are as about as defensive team as you can get.

So the good Kerry forwards will not get the same amount of space as they have had before, but at the same time the Tyrone attack are far from world beaters.

It will be a rough defensive contest, with Kerry winning it based on having enough overall ability to get across the line, but not convincingly.

Brian Sheehan will have to be at his very best for 70mins to convert long frees, which Tyrone are far more likely to give away than closer in ones.

If JOD is playing his shoulder will be tested at every occasion by Tyrone

I think Tyrone will make it very difficult for Kerry but Kerry's sheer depth of quality up front should ensure they prevail.IMO Tyrone need to keep it very tight early on as if the Kingdom get a run on them they could win with a bit to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

there was a re-tweet from the Irish Independent on the Mayo GAA twitter feed that has also been removed.

By the way Kevin Keane red downgraded to a yellow, he is available v Dublin

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

McCann cleared to play.

Keans over turned as well.

Being a GAA ref is a pretty pointless exercise really.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mayo were second best in 2013. Many of the mayo lads on the forum agreed at the time. It was one of those games that you never thought you'd lose as Mayo did not have the tools to get the goal they needed and it was obvious.

It was very close, they'd beaten Dublin and hopped all over them to close out the game in 2012. Dublin did the same in 2013.

2012 was Mayos 2013 was Dublins, it a good healthy rivalry.

2012 was handy enough for mayo and being 100% honest in 2013 I never felt like the Dubs would lose, it was one of those games. Wasn't it all about not having Andy Moran available as he was the playmaker:

This year will be different again Mayo are the most improved team, they have that goal threat that they didn't have in 2013 while Dublin had B Brogan there is a world of difference between Mayos goal potential now and then and that's a credit to the new management team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd have more of an issue with Keane being cleared as he did strike a player in the face and there is a rule for that but I see why it was dropped and I think it's the right decision.
    Overall I'm glad both lads are available the 8 week thing was a joke.

It should be 8 weeks this time next year though.

Tommy Walsh. 100% the best option imho.
    Great in the air, strong as a horse. Back from OZ where he played in the backs

DoctaDee wrote:
    The moving of Mattie Donnelly to midfield has offered an additional option to their ability to carry ball from deep.
    He is playing very well, very impressive. Moran is great there though. I'm still not convinced about Maher. I think Moran is excellent most likely the best midfielder in the country but I'd put a number of lads ahead of Maher.
    Gallagher
    MDMA
    Parsons
    SOS

All IMO have more to them, it something for Tyrone to look at .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Can't believe Keane got off. Striking is striking and it was pretty blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A hat trick of rescinded cards. And to be honest, the only one correctly over turned by the letter of the law was McCann's. It was a flimsy case at best, no matter how distasteful the incident was. By all means, introduce harsher rules for simulation next year, but don't trump up charges because of an outcry by media and fans alike

Meyler's was a pretty harsh black and seemed a strange decision at the time. But an argument could be made both ways about whether it merited the card

For Keane though, as much as I wouldn't want him to miss a game over a stupid incident when the game was already put to bed, was correctly sent off at the time. No harm done, but either implement the rules or don't.

That's sarcasm right?

That was a paint-by-numbers article if ever I saw one.

I have to say I'm not digging his stuff at all at all. And as for talking up Tyrone. Who's he kidding.

"We'll be beat them won't we Darragh?"

That's sarcasm right?

That was a paint-by-numbers article if ever I saw one.

I have to say I'm not digging his stuff at all at all. And as for talking up Tyrone. Who's he kidding.

"We'll be beat them won't we Darragh?"

He said Kerry by five???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

K-9 wrote: »
    Being a GAA ref is a pretty pointless exercise really.

Who would be a ref?

You think of the abuse Brolly hurled at Marty Duffy in his Sunday Independent article, and now we have the GAA making it up as they go along.

What McCann did was pathetic, and needs to be stamped out, but we cant set a precedent of the GAA punishing players just because they think its right, without any grounds in the rules.

As for Keane, I'm sorry but a strike is a strike, I wasnt aware of discretion being allowed in the rules?

• Advertisement

He said Kerry by five???

Yup. Drivel.

Sure ye could indeed in by five, but it's hardly analysis that brought him to that conclusion.

The difference between Jim Mc and Darragh in the analysis stakes is remarkable.

Advertisement