Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Have my LG G4 2 days now and my initial thoughts coming from the Samsung Galaxy 6 are....I finally feel I have a phone with personality!!!

What I like compared to the SG 6
    Battery removable
    SD card
    Numerous case swaps
    double tap on
    Selfie camera you can use in the dark ;)
    Normal camera has so many options including RAW!
    Screen size of 5.5 to me is a phones sweet spot, it'[s like having a mini tablet, love the width especially.
    Colours def more natural.
    Battery life when messing around with phone settings or surfing is def better than the SG6 but when gaming they are pretty similar.
    Something we tend to not talk enough about is call quality, the call quality on the LG G4 is superb, people talking to me have said how crystal it is and vice versa.

What I don't like compared to the SG 6
    Speed feels similar to the SG 6 but what I don't like is no fingerprint sensor!
    No speed charger like the SG 6

I will drop back after another few weeks with the LG ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Have my LG G4 2 days now and my initial thoughts coming from the Samsung Galaxy 6 are....I finally feel I have a phone with personality!!!

What I like compared to the SG 6
    Battery removable
    SD card
    Numerous case swaps
    double tap on
    Selfie camera you can use in the dark ;)
    Normal camera has so many options including RAW!
    Screen size of 5.5 to me is a phones sweet spot, it'[s like having a mini tablet, love the width especially.
    Colours def more natural.
    Battery life when messing around with phone settings or surfing is def better than the SG6 but when gaming they are pretty similar.
    Something we tend to not talk enough about is call quality, the call quality on the LG G4 is superb, people talking to me have said how crystal it is and vice versa.

What I don't like compared to the SG 6
    Speed feels similar to the SG 6 but what I don't like is no fingerprint sensor!
    No speed charger like the SG 6

I will drop back after another few weeks with the LG ;)

The G4 has Quick Charge 2.0 (60% in 30 min). Does the S6 beat this?

choons wrote: »
    The G4 has Quick Charge 2.0 (60% in 30 min). Does the S6 beat this?
    I don't have a quick charge charger?

• Advertisement

I put the mockers on my phone and I cracked teh screen :P
    Very light faint cracks but still, I have these strong phone covers that I was tending to swap but unlike the SG5 when teh cover and back came off together and did no damage this was not the case (excuse the pun)
    The phone cover I had for LG 4 was way to tight and I was way to rough....
    http://www.lynch.ie/phone-repair/smartphone-repair.html
    No need for them just yet as they are faint cracks at this stage but...soon I guess they will expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

@ Choons, love that pic! a nice close up showing the nice design.

@AnimalRights Oh I feel for ya man, lets how it doesn't get worse.

Anyone get a hint of android 6.0 yet? really want to doez this badboy!

Patww79 wrote: »
    The Polish 6.0 was scrapped after wasn't it? Could be 2016 at this stage.

Was it? Darn it. And here's me thanking it was around the corner for us. You would think that cos they had hands on with nexs 5 hardware they could have a head start. Grrr

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4 S7yiler

G4 is a great device, especially for its display

Patww79 wrote: »
    And, like clockwork...

http://www.androidcentral.com/first-cyanogenmod-13-nightlies-now-available-select-smartphones

If Cyanogenmods camera software wasn't so poor I'd give it a try myself, but I think I'd rather wait for the OTA as I'd like to keep the stock camera and I use the IR remote a lot too.

Darn it, the camera app is one of the best things about it... Would jump on CM (as had it on OPO) but without the G4 camera app its no deal. Would the V10 app port over I wonder.

Ok it was my very expensive glass ss that was cracked not the phone and I just discovered another massive plus point on the LG G4 over the SG6, where I work or if I go into any basement I will lose my 3 internet....
    On the SG 6 you have to manually install it and it take's agesssss to do and isn't straight forward at all at times...
    In the LG G4 I just press automatic and within seconds it is back to 4G, that plus point alome was worth the change over from samsung and now that memory serves me correctly my SG 4 and SG 5 also were terrible at getting my 4G back.

I doubt I'll ever go back to Samsung again.

In the LG G4 I just press automatic and within seconds it is back to 4G, that plus point alome was worth the change over from samsung and now that memory serves me correctly my SG 4 and SG 5 also were terrible at getting my 4G back.

I doubt I'll ever go back to Samsung again.

Ha! I love that about the G4, I have a shortcut on the screen for just that so if I fall off 4G I can just tap it and by the time my twitter app has loaded i'm back on 4G ready to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

I've just received my LG G4 that I bought from amazon.co.uk. I transferred my SIM card from O2/three over. However, everything is not running smoothly. At the start, the device downloaded various large updates from LG. However, I encountered various problems such as:
    - the wifi keeps dropping
    - the play store doesn't work over mobile data
    The combination of those things makes things awkward, as you can imagine.
    I've had to factory reset the device several times to try fix these issues but no result.
    However, now my phone is V10d-EUR-XX, and I can't get it to download the latest updates. I read we're on V12 by now?
    When I try to use LG Bridge it says my phone is up-to-date.
    What versions do other people have? How can I force an re-update? Does anyone know if those updates can only be done once?
    Any thoughts on fixing the wifi and play store over mobile data issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

I've just received my LG G4 that I bought from amazon.co.uk. I transferred my SIM card from O2/three over. However, everything is not running smoothly. At the start, the device downloaded various large updates from LG. However, I encountered various problems such as:
    - the wifi keeps dropping
    - the play store doesn't work over mobile data
    The combination of those things makes things awkward, as you can imagine.
    I've had to factory reset the device several times to try fix these issues but no result.
    However, now my phone is V10d-EUR-XX, and I can't get it to download the latest updates. I read we're on V12 by now?
    When I try to use LG Bridge it says my phone is up-to-date.
    What versions do other people have? How can I force an re-update? Does anyone know if those updates can only be done once?
    Any thoughts on fixing the wifi and play store over mobile data issues?

v10d for me as well, don't think there's anything newer for the EUR model although from reading online you can manually install that Polish MM version if you want to be bleeding edge!

The play store works over mobile data ok for me & wifi isn't too bad although I've seen the odd drop.

I moved from an aging S3 so it was a massive jump for me, very happy with the phone overall especially the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

yay marshmallow!

available in LG bridge now (1.6GB not yet available OTA) :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

well do share :)

EDIT.. grand found it and downloaded and all sorts ...just done so guess ill see what the fuss is about or not

What about normal LG owners who don't use roms? Not OTA yet? or can it be done on a pc?

Ok so that's similar to Samsung Kies...I always got my OTAs quicker that way. TY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Battery is **** since I updated hopefully settles down

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

qUTCnAl.jpg

Hasn't worked for me on LG Bridge. My LG is EU H815 unlocked.

Could someone walk us through the process using LG Bridge?

• Advertisement

I thought I did everything right, I was told I did but I am still android 5.0 and not 6.0.
    ???

Advertisement