Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,231 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Odelay wrote: »
    Can’t believe they are using Roman numerals on these things?

The tractor is 19 years old. Assume they don't use them anymore

What does KAM stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

whelan2 wrote: »
    What does KAM stand for?

Keep Alive Memory

Odelay wrote: »
    Can’t believe they are using Roman numerals on these things?

It must be the Fiat influence....... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭maidhc

The tractor is 19 years old. Assume they don't use them anymore

The tractor is old but it does not date back to the Julius Caesar...

My TS115 is the same from memory, its just a sensible way to identify the relays. Curiously it's the only part of the tractor on which I was able to find a Ford logo!

• Advertisement

hopeso wrote: »
    Brake light fuse seems to be marked G, in the bottom right of your pic....

Think that's a relay. Going to check now

We calibrated the control unit and 4wd went off. Now it wont come back on, any ideas please

That's strange, as most problems seem to result in the 4wd being stuck on.... Is the switch working alright? Otherwise, try calibrating again, in case something went wrong...

It's a unit. 4wd and diff on same box. Oh reckons rain got in during monsoon we had about 10 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭White Clover

It's a unit. 4wd and diff on same box. Oh reckons rain got in during monsoon we had about 10 days ago

Could be worse. There's a crowd in England,
    dk electronics that'd repair it.
    They'd probably recommend a back window too, kept shut :)

• Advertisement

Could be worse. There's a crowd in England,
    dk electronics that'd repair it.
    They'd probably recommend a back window too, kept shut :)

The NH dealer said they send the unit to France. We gave up replacing the back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

The NH dealer said they send the unit to France. We gave up replacing the back window.

Are ye leaving the window open?
    Lad i work for had a 8360 and a tm155,

Has put up 20k hours between the 2 and never broke a window

• Registered Users Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

9935452 wrote: »
    Are ye leaving the window open?
    Lad i work for had a 8360 and a tm155,

Has put up 20k hours between the 2 and never broke a window

I can't understand it either....... With that I'll probably break mine tomorrow.

Slurry pump is the main culprit. 390 was really bad for it too. Have never broken the back window in the case here and have it about 18 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

Slurry pump is the main culprit. 390 was really bad for it too. Have never broken the back window in the case here and have it about 18 years.

Keep the window clean and you shouldn't really need to open the back window much. Actually buy a new window and take off the struts that way no one will be able to keep it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭emaherx

Slurry pump is the main culprit.
    It's usually the nut behind the lift lever that causes that. :D

emaherx wrote: »
    It's usually the nut behind the lift lever that causes that. :D

Yup , I only broke the 390 window once never broke the tm125 window. It's the hinges and nuts and bolts on the tm125 window that's the main problem. The crowd that were replacing it said its common on those tractors.

Sent the panel off to be fixed. Oh went to spread fertiliser this morning and the PTO wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Yup , I only broke the 390 window once never broke the tm125 window. It's the hinges and nuts and bolts on the tm125 window that's the main problem. The crowd that were replacing it said its common on those tractors.

These hinges/nuts bolts etc are relatively cheap.....make sure rubbers go on right way otherwise it can cause shattering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭White Clover

Sent the panel off to be fixed. Oh went to spread fertiliser this morning and the PTO wont work.

The dampness will play havoc with any electrics in the tractor. Does the tractor live inside or outside by night and when not in use?

• Advertisement

The dampness will play havoc with any electrics in the tractor. Does the tractor live inside or outside by night and when not in use?

Inside all winter with feeder on it. We think the panel being gone means the PTO wont work. It worked the other day with the panel still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Just thinking. Would perspex be a better option then no window? Could be bent/moulded to shape with a heat gun and wouldn't shatter as quick. It wouldn't be very see through after awhile but would keep it dry?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

How much is a back window roughly for the tm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

mengele wrote: »
    How much is a back window roughly for the tm?

Nothing if use your insurance. Most have glass replacement without affecting NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Shes up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Fair play Reggie. Looking the absolute biz! Love your attention to detail - the colour coding and the black end caps. Top job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shes up and running

What advantage is the guttler seed box over the last one you had .I presume both place the seed on top of the ground after the power harrow

cute geoge wrote: »
    What advantage is the guttler seed box over the last one you had .I presume both place the seed on top of the ground after the power harrow

Still have the APV. Was just told that the APV doesn't like the vibrations of the powerharrow too much as too many electronics. The guttler is all mechanical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

What's the cable for that's going over the cab at the rear right hand side beside the ploughing lamps?

• Advertisement

What's the cable for that's going over the cab at the rear right hand side beside the ploughing lamps?

Cable from the topcon receiver on the roof

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement