Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Got it home in one piece. All set for pig slurry in the morning

Well wear, David.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just seen a front linkage mounted rake on a tractor with a mchale baler. Serious weapon on the front of it.

Something like this, but longer when folded.
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/heres-the-ultimate-one-pass-system-for-baled-silage-contractors/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Are those air accumulators for brakes at the back? Standard?

What is the bit of piping on the LHS for between the arm and the accumulator/reservoir?

Whilst I'm being nosy, what are the orange, green and blue circular yokes either side of the top link?
    -Because no one bothers to empty airtanks of water they now filter it to help reduce condensation build up on inside so takes more space for air tanks. Some brands now even squeeze fuel tanks into the gap around the rear wheels.
    -Covers for the spools

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭davidk1394

After it’s first day of work. There’s a few slight differences to the old tractor. It’s about 6 inches higher than the old one. It’s a lot quieter in the cab, a bit quicker on the road. It has a twin turbo so the delay for the turbo is non existent. It really made a difference when I was facing the tractor and tank up a hill, it stayed pulling away. If you put the pto going and get up off the seat it will knock off. A bit of a pain if you forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭hopeso

After it’s first day of work. There’s a few slight differences to the old tractor. It’s about 6 inches higher than the old one. It’s a lot quieter in the cab, a bit quicker on the road. It has a twin turbo so the delay for the turbo is non existent. It really made a difference when I was facing the tractor and tank up a hill, it stayed pulling away. If you put the pto going and get up off the seat it will knock off. A bit of a pain if you forget.

Sounds good so far! How did you manage to fill the tanker if the pto stops when you leave the seat? I’d say that’s something that can be switched off or bypassed....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

hopeso wrote: »
    Sounds good so far! How did you manage to fill the tanker if the pto stops when you leave the seat? I’d say that’s something that can be switched off or bypassed....

Mudgaurd buttons surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Yeah that's on the Massey here. A pain especially if agitating.
    What I do is sit up off the set and turn on the PTO. It engages and stays going as you're not on the seat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

What I do is sit up off the set and turn on the PTO. It engages and stays going as you're not on the seat

Mechanic in Kohoes was only telling me the other day there is some easy way to override that, something about flicking the pto button twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Usually you’ve a little button nearby you can press once pro is running that lets you out. G2m if yours is a 5700 I’m sure you can turn it off with the 4 cross shaped button/dash menu facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

.....If you put the pto going and get up off the seat it will knock off. A bit of a pain if you forget.

Arrragh I've that feature on my oul ride on lawn mower! :D

• Advertisement

That’s what I’m doing aswell. Had baling yesterday evening. Plenty of pto power when the bale is just ready. Usually the old tractor would start dying away just when the bale is ready, especially when going up a hill. The bits that were giving trouble on the old tractor on the engine and front axle have been changed. Plenty of floor space for gloves, rags and I have a small toolbox with bits and pieces. Only other small downside is the toolbox is smaller and the holder for my travel mug is blocked by the handle for the right hand side door ( first world problems). Waiting on my Bluetooth radio, fire extinguisher, seat cover and mat. Also getting a fitting for the backend for an airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

That’s what I’m doing aswell. Had baling yesterday evening. Plenty of pto power when the bale is just ready. Usually the old tractor would start dying away just when the bale is ready, especially when going up a hill. The bits that were giving trouble on the old tractor on the engine and front axle have been changed. Plenty of floor space for gloves, rags and I have a small toolbox with bits and pieces. Only other small downside is the toolbox is smaller and the holder for my travel mug is blocked by the handle for the right hand side door ( first world problems). Waiting on my Bluetooth radio, fire extinguisher, seat cover and mat. Also getting a fitting for the backend for an airline.

Could you bolt a waterproof box on the right hand steps like in the photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Times like these you'd. miss Reggie on here... he'd normally be all over a new tractor scenario like a child at Christmas... anyway Reggie if yer following this, hope you'll be back soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭roosterman71

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Times like these you'd. miss Reggie on here... he'd normally be all over a new tractor scenario like a child at Christmas... anyway Reggie if yer following this, hope you'll be back soon.....

I second that. He was fascinating to watch and read and how he went about things

Could you bolt a waterproof box on the right hand steps like in the photo?

Down the line I will do something like that

Is he just taking a break or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Is he just taking a break or ?

He on twitter every day still so no need for tears yet lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭cjpm

Balls. I for 1 will be disgusted if Reggie took the nuclear option. Trolls here can be a bit much though. Top poster. Was thinking that he must be completely flat out that he wasn't posting. I'll have to get on twitter it seems....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,359 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie is working on another project. Hopefully he'll post pics of it on here. He's in great form he was over here the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭emaherx

cjpm wrote: »
    Balls. I for 1 will be disgusted if Reggie took the nuclear option. Trolls here can be a bit much though. Top poster. Was thinking that he must be completely flat out that he wasn't posting. I'll have to get on twitter it seems....

What was the trolling?
    Last I seen he got annoyed with a discussion that started about the poor visibility of his rear indicators when the mower folded up.

To be fair that was not a poor reflection of him or his machinery but is a genuine concern with most of the manufacturers of mounted mowers. Maybe I'm missing something but it is a discussion forum.

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »
    What was the trolling?
    Last I seen he got annoyed with a discussion that started about the poor visibility of his rear indicators when the mower folded up.

To be fair that was not a poor reflection of him or his machinery but is a genuine concern with most of the manufacturers of mounted mowers. Maybe I'm missing something but it is a discussion forum.
    I think it was the constant knocking of him by certain posters. Not that post in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    I think it was the constant knocking of him by certain posters. Not that post in particular

Unfortunately there will always be some who are just jealous of his nice kit I suppose, but posting about your accomplishments on a forum will always bring good and bad attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Unfortunately there will always be some who are just jealous of his nice kit I suppose, but posting about your accomplishments on a forum will always bring good and bad attention.

You've to be prepared to defend every post and picture or explain your reasoning for it on it here most times. It does get tiring but an odd time you'll learn something new or see things from someone else's perspective. :)
    Even it does mean when you post a picture of fencing and someone else posts that they saw similar fencing with posts knocked down and fencing rolled in a ball by cattle the next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

What was the trolling?

Exactly, people have a tendency now to get annoyed and offended when you don’t agree with them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

You've to be prepared to defend every post and picture or explain your reasoning for it on it here most times. It does get tiring but an odd time you'll learn something new or see things from someone else's perspective. :)
    Even it does mean when you post a picture of fencing and someone else posts that they saw similar fencing with posts knocked down and fencing rolled in a ball by cattle the next year. :D

I hate machinery with a vengeance and driving tractors especially, so wouldn't be envious of anyones new toys.
    And I wouldn't be jumping with joy at a christening party when someone produces the baby pics either.......... does that mean I'm jealous of not having a sprog of my own......I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie had proper lights on it already, probably just didn't like being told to do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

wrangler wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie had proper lights on it already, probably just didn't like being told to do it :D

Probably reminds him too much of the day job :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

ganmo wrote: »
    Probably reminds him too much of the day job :P

I'd say he's the captain barking the orders!

Muckit wrote: »
    I'd say he's the captain barking the orders!

Wtf are you doing on boards on you night on the beer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Odelay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Wtf are you doing on boards on you night on the beer?

He has an addiction the poor lad. Is there someplace to dry him out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement