Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

it looks like the last seat will be a battle between kelly and smith, smith should pick up alot of coonans transfers but kelly should pick up alot of morris transfers so where will hayes transfers go? will they go like the partys have been promoting,so to kelly or will smith get a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

It was a good idea to suspend the count at 22.00. Counters will need to be very fresh tomorrow as it looks like that it's going to be a tight finish !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    It was a good idea to suspend the count at 22.00. Counters will need to be very fresh tomorrow as it looks like that it's going to be a tight finish !

call it! do you think kelly will pull away or will the gap close

primary 2 wrote: »
    call it! do you think kelly will pull away or will the gap close

Kelly will pull it off ! Thanks to his hard work and hard neck, the transfers he gets from John Delaney will help him win it !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Kelly will pull it off ! Thanks to his your hard work and his hard neck, the transfers he gets from John Delaney will help him win it !

FYP

Shame really, I wish you were back on Tipp FM. Loved the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hate to say it but think Morris elimination will favour Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Whatever about Lowry, that's some vote for Mattie McGrath

I didn't think that was ever in doubt, I used to grin every time I read on here that he would struggle. Mattie does an awful lot for people in South Tipp, anyone I know who had ever asked him for help with anything is still singing his praises.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

I think Kelly will get in and take last seat ,ironically with transfers from Seamus Morris when he is illiminated .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

mahoney_j wrote: »
    I think Kelly will get in and take last seat ,ironically with transfers from Seamus Morris when he is illiminated .
    Would a good few of Morrises votes go to Healy though as they are of fairly close ideologically?

I get geographically that Kelly will get the most of them but I don't think it will be as much as people think.
    I think Healy still has a fighting chance,Maureen o Sullivan? was at home in her sitting room considering what to do next in her life when she had to go back to the count centre to accept her "lost" seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

No matter what you think of Mattie that was a phenomenal person poll,wonder what he got from N Tipp.

Guess what I was hearing about Hayes election canvas came true on paper.

• Advertisement

so it is looking like two from healy.kelly,smith and hayes. It was on the radio that noel coonan advised his voters to give there number 2 to smith so if this happens smith should be still ahead of hayes when morris is eliminated so you would think kelly and smith would get a nice few as kelly is nenagh based and near roscrea but with healy being left wing he will proably do well also so if hayes is eliminated out of healy smith and kelly who would be best placed to win the two seats? if smith is eliminated first i think hayes might just make ahead of healy

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Distribution of Coonans votes

McGrath + 245 = 13064. elected

Cahill + 427 = 9530

Kelly + 1069 = 9456

Hayes + 2347 = 9373

Healy + 95 = 8572

Smith + 600 = 8165

Morris +167 = 6205 = eliminated.

Distribution of Morris votes

Healy + 2855 = 11427

Cahill +584 = 10114

Kelly +502 = 9958

Hayes + 187 = 9560

Smith + 726 = 8891 = eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd say Kelly got considerably less than he was hoping for in the last count

Seven Worlds will Collide

Fianna Fail's Michael Smith has been excluded after the fifth count and it looks like it could be a straight shootout for the final seat between Labour's Alan Kelly an FG's Tony Hayes.

Who would have thought that this would be the finish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

frankz wrote: »
    Distribution of Morris votes

Healy + 2855 = 11427

Cahill +584 = 10114

Kelly +502 = 9958

Hayes + 187 = 9560

Smith + 726 = 8891 = eliminated

Three seats and Four left.

Party means Cahill is in. Geography means Kelly is in. Hayes won't pick up 2000 more of whats left than Healy so Healy will hang on and FG will lose both seats.

Distribution of Smith votes

Cahill + 4948 = 15062. Elected

Healy + 602 = 12029

Kelly + 1109 = 11067

Hayes + 383 = 9943

Alan Kelly is elected, a tremendous performance from him. Getting 10% of the first preference votes while the Labour Party nationally only got 6.6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Xenophile wrote:
    Alan Kelly is elected, a tremendous performance from him. Getting 10% of the first preference votes while the Labour Party nationally only got 6.6%.

Are you kidding me .... A sitting minister scraps in to the last seat .

jonski wrote: »

You got it right he is a scrapper !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Ya, he will be elected after the distribution of Cahills surplus.
    He is almost there! :-)

Distribution of Cahill Surplus

Healy + 845 = 12874

Kelly + 683 = 11750

Hayes + 494 = 10437. eliminated.

Healy and Kelly elected (without reaching quota)

Final result

Ah - Simon Coovney
    Joan Burton,
    did same.

Hardly unusual.

James Reilly & Tom Hayes scrapped and didn't get there.

Just as a couple of examples

frankz wrote: »
    Distribution of Cahill Surplus

Healy + 845 = 12874

Kelly + 683 = 11750

Hayes + 494 = 10437. eliminated.

Healy and Kelly elected (without reaching quota)

Final result

Thanks for providing the updates after each count. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

He's back until the next GE. Fair play to him, and all the other 157 TD's. Just get over it.

It might knock some of the arrogance out of him

It might knock some of the arrogance out of him

Shur don't you know he said " Power is a drug and it suits me"

There is no doubt that he will be looking to unseat Joan Burton as party leader.

Interesting times ahead !

Shur don't you know he said " Power is a drug and it suits me"

There is no doubt that he will be looking to unseat Joan Burton as party leader.

Interesting times ahead !

I just hope, for the sake of his Marriage that he doesn't do a Mick Fitzgerald on it and say it was better than sex! He looked that excited to have gotten through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

that is nonsense, how could he scrap when the votes are cast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

that is nonsense, how could he scrap when the votes are cast

It was in response to the statement that 'it was a great performance from him '. He is a sitting minister and he was elected in last place , that doesn't seem like a great performance to me .

Advertisement