Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

frankz wrote: »
    Table didn't come out right in last post
    Poll 78594,
    646 invalid
    Valid 77948

Quota 12, 992

1st Count
    Lowry – 13064
    McGrath – 11237
    Healy – 7452
    Kelly (Lab) – 7746
    Cahill (FF) - 7414
    Smith(FF) - 6718
    Hayes(FG) - 6218
    Morris(SF) - 5724
    Coonan (FG) - 4782
    Ambrose (FF) - 4472
    Murphy (FG) -1542
    Fitzgib (GP) – 1341
    Dillon - 238

How many seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

How many seats?

Five

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

How many seats?

Michael Lowry already elected, 4 more seats to be filled !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I despair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Amazing...the night Vincent Browne came to Tipp and asked who was voting Lowry, not one hand went up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Xenophile wrote: »
    Michael Lowry already elected, 4 more seats to be filled !

Elected first count with small surplus.

So Mattie for a seat.

The last three seats - looks like it will be tomorrow at the earliest!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

you 13,064 whoever you are should hang your heads in shame for electing that scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

you 13,064 whoever you are should hang your heads in shame for electing that scumbag.

+1

Its an absolute disgrace that this fecker was even allowed to stand for election let alone that 13,000 people in Tipperary thought he had the moral fibre and decency to be worthy of their vote.

FFS what does this b....x have to do before the people in Tipperary wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Who should have got elected instead?

A FF candidate? Don't you remember the mess last time they were in power?
    A FG or Labour candidate? I'm sure you recall the last five years anyway?
    A SF candidate? It will be another few years before they can prove that they no longer support the violence of the IRA.
    A GP candidate?

With the exception of one independent who until I saw the voting paper I hadn't even heard about, independents have topped the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

Surely any non-criminal would be better? whatever the party??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

It could be worse though , they might also have elected Kelly ..................oh wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

jonski wrote: »

It could be worse though , they might also have elected Kelly ..................oh wait
    Would rather Kelly than Lowry who has broken laws. I even put Dillon ahead of Lowry.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Ya there must be a much better system than having a secret free vote and letting the people of a society elect whomever they give the most votes too ................

macjohn wrote: »
    Ya there must be a much better system than having a secret free vote and letting the people of a society elect whomever they give the most votes too ................

Ah shur there's no one giving out about the system we use , it's the people they are voting for .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

We need a system that ensures that people of good moral fibre, without tax issues, backhanders and court cases pending, are allowed to stand for election. Doesn't stop free will to vote for who you want, but the candidates need to be beyond reproach.

1st Count +2nd count = total after 2nd

Lowry – 13064 elected
    McGrath – 11237 + 554 = 11781
    Healy – 7452 + 382 = 7834
    Kelly 7746 + 463 = 8209
    Cahill (FF) 7414 + 126 = 7542
    Smith(FF) - 6718 + 99 = 6817
    Hayes(FG) 6218 + 603 = 6821
    Morris(SF) 6724 + 197 = 5921
    Coonan (FG) 4782 + 358 = 5140
    Ambrose (FF) 4472 + 215 = 4687 eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭elperello

We need a system that ensures that people of good moral fibre, without tax issues, backhanders and court cases pending, are allowed to stand for election. Doesn't stop free will to vote for who you want, but the candidates need to be beyond reproach.

Yes that would work....not.
    Just get someone to take some bs case against an opponent and you are home free!!!

Ah shur there's no one giving out about the system we use , it's the people they are voting for .

Ya, them feikers of people voting for whom ever they want.
    Down with this free choice;no good can come of it!

Ya, them feikers of people voting for whom ever they want.
    Down with this free choice;no good can come of it!

And shur no harm could come of it .... if they could find their moral compass .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Michael Dillon needs to review his Facebook friends, over 1800 friends and yet he got only 238 votes?

• Advertisement

And shur no harm could come of it .... if they could find their moral compass .

there has been a lot of moral compass that have been fairly well of the mark in Irelands history,

As I said earlier we dont have to like what other people do in a democracy but they heard the arguments as we did and they made their decisions as we did and so we should respect each others decisions.
    Michael Dillon needs to review his Facebook friends, over 1800 friends and yet he got only 238 votes?

As one of Bertie's running mates found out in the past - you can vote from facebook!

Don't mention Kerry Healy raes ffs. I despair

It's faceybook ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 51,500 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I really do believe that Tipperary people would elect Brendan Smith if he ran there.

EDIT - The fecker was elected in Cavan / Monaghan it seems.

3rd count

Lowry elected
    McGrath +1038 =12819
    Healy +643 = 8477
    Kelly (Lab) +178 = 8387
    Cahill (FF) +1561 =9103
    Smith(FF) + 748 = 7565
    Hayes(FG) +205 = 7026
    Morris(SF) + 117 = 6038
    Coonan (FG) + 53 = 5193

Finished for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

No FG seat, Christ above

ScummyMan wrote: »
    No FG seat, Christ above

Predicting that good portion of Coonan will go to Smith but surely some will go to Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

frankz wrote: »
    Predicting that good portion of Coonan will go to Smith but surely some will go to Hayes?

My apologies, I thought those were Coonans votes that had been distributed. Hope yet perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Tipp must be full of inbred gob****es.

• Advertisement

ScummyMan wrote: »
    My apologies, I thought those were Coonans votes that had been distributed. Hope yet perhaps.

No worries.
    Lowry claiming that Coonan was asking locals to transfer to Smith and keep it Roscrea
    but reckon lot of Coonans would be traditionally FG voters who will go to Hayes.
    So I reckon Hayes will be right in the mix.

When Morris goes out Kelly should pick up votes tho.

Advertisement