Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Elections. The Constituency of Tipperary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Just skimming through a lot of posts and it comes up that Lowry is a certainty, it baffles me! He certainly will not be getting many votes in the "southern" constituency and how he is even considered is a joke. The mans dealings have been questionnable to say the least and Tipp would be the laughing stock if he was voted in.

Yes he is 1/50 odds on with the bookmakers. If you go to Thurles you will find out that he is almost a God in that area!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

Just skimming through a lot of posts and it comes up that Lowry is a certainty, it baffles me! He certainly will not be getting many votes in the "southern" constituency and how he is even considered is a joke. The mans dealings have been questionnable to say the least and Tipp would be the laughing stock if he was voted in.

Ivan Yeats reckoned on radio last week that there are thousands in South Tipp waiting to cast a vote for Michael Lowry and now they finally have their chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Xenophile wrote: »
    Jobs were added in Clonmel while other C&C jobs were lost in England.

There are posters here who do not want to give Kelly credit for anything, obviously he has plenty of opponents.

Political intelligence would suggest how important it is to have a Senior Government represent your constituency at the cabinet table!

Political intelligence and Alan Kelly in the one sentence, very good, well played sir!!
    tipptom wrote: »
    I think ML of all the candidates will be the one to pick up votes in their new area especially around Cashel but I doubt if he will hit the quota.

You are right, he won't hit the quota, he'll fcuking smash it, Michael Lowry will be the highest first preference candidate in the country.
    Michael Lowry is in the High Court on fraud charges to do with an Isle of Man trust. He is known to have taken money from Ben Dunne when he was a minister for FG.

IMO its a feckin disgrace that he's even a public official - says a lot about us as the electorate. What does this bo**ox have to do before we in Tipperary say enough. He's gone too far. No more.

Public officials should be people we can admire and emulate.

IMO he shouldn't even be a public official now, let alone be standing again.

ITS ABOUT TIME WE WOKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!

Sorry for the capitals but I'm pissed off with the lack of credibility with our candidates. Why aren't the candidates standing up and saying this man is not fit to hold office because of his lack of moral fibre. Another question I'll be asking them when they knock on my door

You clearly have absolutely no idea or wilfully choose to ignore the achievements of the man and what he has and continues to deliver for the people of Tipperary.

LOL there is a fair few contenders for ''laughing stocks'' in the south of the county, none of whom could hold a candle to Lowry and his achievements.

Political intelligence and Alan Kelly in the one sentence, very good, well played sir!!

At least Fr.Peter McVerry had the good grace to say at the Public Meeting in Dublin last Saturday in relation to Alan Kelly..........."lets give credit where credit is due"

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PearlJ

I wouldn't be so proud to receive credit from Fr Peter McVerry. His reputation in Dublin speaks for itself.

But aside from that, can we not just use this thread to discuss local politics and the election and not have the die hard arse lickers coming on to canvass. We get enough of that at the doors lads.

• Advertisement

LOL there is a fair few contenders for ''laughing stocks'' in the south of the county, none of whom could hold a candle to Lowry and his achievements.

Maybe he should have been a lawyer. Or maybe he should have chosen better lawyers. Please don't tell me the judges got it wrong and that they should now pay him out those millions in expenses.

PearlJ wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so proud to receive credit from Fr Peter McVerry. His reputation in Dublin speaks for itself.

But aside from that, can we not just use this thread to discuss local politics and the election and not have the die hard arse lickers coming on to canvass. We get enough of that at the doors lads.

You malign Fr.Peter McVerry, for what reason I do not know.

This is local politics, we are talking here about Alan Kelly in the Tipperary Forum. Why do want to strangle the debate ? Does the idea of giving credit to Kelly offend you ?

When it comes from someone like Peter McVerry then yes! I hope someday he is exposed for what he is.

There is no debate on this forum, that's the point! Its constant agenda pushing and you sir are the King of it. Enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Has he been found guilty?????,his work rate and delievery on projects etc throughout tipp is what gets him elected time after time with comfortable majority's .a genuine question for the Lowry ,Kelly hatters et all ,I'm presuming a lot are Sinn Fein supporters and supporters of extremists like that head the ball in Dublin involved with anti austerity alliance(name escapes me)on Sinn Fein ,Adams etc are none of ye considering his and that parties past ,the above mentioned are saints in comparasion.and yer man in Dublin leading a riot and imprisioning Joan burton .i shudder to think what sort of Ireland we'd have with the likes of them in power or anywhere near it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

If two politicians get an X beside their name on the ballot paper it is counted as a spoiled vote!

Only one politician can get an X.

Who said anything about two politicians getting an x on one ballot paper?
    The way you are pushing Kelly on here..I think you should register with Lobbying.ie:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Expunge

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/01/26/michael-lowry-paraded-around-tipperary-in-golden-throne-by-locals/

:D

Michael Lowry Paraded Around Tipperary In Golden Throne By Locals

“All hail the mighty pothole cleanser,” came the chants from the crowd, who were dressed uniformly in fashions popular in the late 80s and early 90s, the heyday of political corruption in Ireland.

At least Fr.Peter McVerry had the good grace to say at the Public Meeting in Dublin last Saturday in relation to Alan Kelly..........."lets give credit where credit is due"

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

That pretty much sums it up really, rats in a barrel springs to mind.

I did love Mr Kelly's national declaration that he would not accept the support of Mr Lowry in a coalition, does the wonderful Mr Kelly realise that firstly he has one hell of an almighty battle on his hands to actually retain his seat, one that I actually predict he will loose, secondly his party will be diminished to an irrelevance, and thirdly he has probably just cost himself a large number of transfers from Mr Lowry's surplus when he is elected on the first count.

Arrogance and stupidity doesn't even come close to describing our own Mr Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

danganabu wrote: »
    You clearly have absolutely no idea or wilfully choose to ignore the achievements of the man and what he has and continues to deliver for the people of Tipperary.

Speaking of wilful ignorance ............ http://www.thejournal.ie/who-is-michael-lowry-2568098-Jan2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

When it comes from someone like Peter McVerry then yes! I hope someday he is exposed for what he is.
    h.

Can you elaborate on that .....

digzy wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on that .....

If I did the mods would have it gone immediately but its no secret in Dublin city centre. Nasty individual.

If I did the mods would have it gone immediately but its no secret in Dublin city centre. Nasty individual.

bang me a pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Has he been found guilty?????,his work rate and delievery on projects etc throughout tipp is what gets him elected time after time with comfortable majority's .a genuine question for the Lowry ,Kelly hatters et all ,I'm presuming a lot are Sinn Fein supporters and supporters of extremists like that head the ball in Dublin involved with anti austerity alliance(name escapes me)on Sinn Fein ,Adams etc are none of ye considering his and that parties past ,the above mentioned are saints in comparasion.and yer man in Dublin leading a riot and imprisioning Joan burton .i shudder to think what sort of Ireland we'd have with the likes of them in power or anywhere near it .

Guilty or not his dealings are questionnable. I for one don't want a Jackie-Healy style politician in our area, "he fixed my pothole i'll give him my vote". Dáil Eirinn is so much more than local politics, and that's what's wrong with it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

mahoney_j wrote: »
    ..... ,I'm presuming a lot are Sinn Fein supporters and supporters of extremists like that head the ball in Dublin .

Well you would presume wrong. I normally vote for one of the big 3 but Lowry is a criminal and I don't want a criminal representing me.

From Danganabu - You clearly have absolutely no idea or wilfully choose to ignore the achievements of the man and what he has and continues to deliver for the people of Tipperary.
    QUOTE]

The man is a criminal and whatever achievements/successes he had, you can't live on the back of them forever. He is has some neck to come out moaning about his costs not being paid - if he hadn't taken backhanders and been a criminal, he wouldn't have had to front up to the tribunal in the first place. He's a disgrace and I hope he is never elected as a TD again. He has Tipperary as a laughing stock - voting for criminals, are people mad!

Well you would presume wrong. I normally vote for one of the big 3 but Lowry is a criminal and I don't want a criminal representing me.

From Danganabu - You clearly have absolutely no idea or wilfully choose to ignore the achievements of the man and what he has and continues to deliver for the people of Tipperary.
    QUOTE]

The man is a criminal and whatever achievements/successes he had, you can't live on the back of them forever. He is has some neck to come out moaning about his costs not being paid - if he hadn't taken backhanders and been a criminal, he wouldn't have had to front up to the tribunal in the first place. He's a disgrace and I hope he is never elected as a TD again. He has Tipperary as a laughing stock - voting for criminals, are people mad!

And that is your opinion and fair play, but we live in a democracy thankfully and the people of Tipperary will speak again in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

[QUOTE The man is a criminal and whatever achievements/successes he had, you can't live on the back of them forever. He is has some neck to come out moaning about his costs not being paid - if he hadn't taken backhanders and been a criminal, he wouldn't have had to front up to the tribunal in the first place. He's a disgrace and I hope he is never elected as a TD again. He has Tipperary as a laughing stock - voting for criminals, are people mad![/QUOTE]

But,but,but, he gave us Feile, LOL

• Advertisement

He shouldnt be allowed on any ballot paper...

digzy wrote: »

You would have to wonder how he ended up writing for the Irish Independent if that were true!
    He shouldnt be allowed on any ballot paper...

Very true, a dictatorship is what we need, this democracy thing is a farce, will never catch on :-)

You would have to wonder how he ended up writing for the Irish Independent if that were true!

Very true, a dictatorship is what we need, this democracy thing is a farce, will never catch on :-)

I was referring to the judge....

An Irish Independent journalist wrote this story!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

A fomer Lowry campaign organiser is now the Political Editor at the Irish Independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Because Tipp and a lot of the Irish electorate are selfish. What's in it for me politics aka parish pump politics and Lowry is a master of this. Don't care about the national interest just a few new roads or school extensions. Then again that's democracy and all you can you do is try to change peoples minds to vote for what's best overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Because Tipp and a lot of the Irish electorate are selfish. What's in it for me politics aka parish pump politics and Lowry is a master of this. Don't care about the national interest just a few new roads or school extensions. Then again that's democracy and all you can you do is try to change peoples minds to vote for what's best overall.
    Until there is a major reform of how politics work in this country then that is always going to remain. It happens in all county's too not just Tipperary. Candidates all over the country will in the next few weeks be calling to doors promising the sun moon and stars to their electorate so what do you expect people to do. I would not even know where to begin with the reform though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Did anyone see Michael Smith Jr new website. Voteyoungsmith. Young smith. His whole campaign is based on daddy used to have the seat so give it to me. Suicidal strategy. Most people under 40 wont remember his daddy and even if they did I think dynastic politics is more of a liability than a help these days especially when your daddy is now better known as one of the loyal henchmen of Haughey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

touts wrote: »
    Did anyone see Michael Smith Jr new website. Voteyoungsmith. Young smith. His whole campaign is based on daddy used to have the seat so give it to me. Suicidal strategy. Most people under 40 wont remember his daddy and even if they did I think dynastic politics is more of a liability than a help these days especially when your daddy is now better known as one of the loyal henchmen of Haughey

Some good points, for me though, and this goes for all candidates, his website has been built by a Dublin company. When I see a candidate drop in literature and its printed out of constituency or the website built out of constituency, from someone looking to represent local people, its a bad message and turns me off straight away.

Advertisement