Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Cage Warriors need a bigger production set when it comes to venue's like the three arena.

Everything just seemed so small. Also the TV's were tiny and were no use trying to look at replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

califano wrote: »
    So would these judges be athletic commission judges out of the favour of UFC interference like in the US?.
    I've read this 3 times and don't understand what you are asking "out of the favour of UFC interference"?

There's no athletic commission in the UK. Judges are essentially sole traders employed by promotions for individual events. This is the case whether is a regional CW event, or right up to the UFC etc. The same group of judges tend to be used all over the world. For example, Mark Collett, the judge in the Costigan fight has been used in Ireland, the UK, all over Europe, Brazil, Asia, and Australia. ie everywhere without a commission.

They aren't just randoms employed by CW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Sorry badly worded. out of favour was meant to be a way of saying 'not being directly employed like in the ufc therefore less likely to be under instruction'. Subcomandante Marcos answered that one anyway. I trust to a good degree in the referees integrity(more than the scoring judges), many of them are ex fighters and have a love for the game. But if your being directly employed then you are more under the influence of the franchise.
    An example of this would be lets say Khabib was fighting McGregor in CW. Then i can see there being a pre fight card directive chat with all referees saying look we dont want something on the ground going nowhere ok, were all about entertaining fights, the crowd dont like seeing clinches on the ground so stand it up quickly if its on the ground. The real meaning is that they know their golden boys best chance is when its standing up and likely road to defeat in the JJ on the ground.
    I would be fairly confident referees at different shows would be informed of the way to ref in certain aspects of the fight.
    The UFC couldnt have this type of instruction influence with athletic state commission judges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Sorry badly worded. out of favour was meant to be a way of saying 'not being directly employed like in the ufc therefore less likely to be under instruction'. Subcomandante Marcos answered that one anyway. I trust to a good degree in the referees integrity(more than the scoring judges), many of them are ex fighters and have a love for the game. But if your being directly employed then you are more under the influence of the franchise.
    An example of this would be lets say Khabib was fighting McGregor in CW. Then i can see there being a pre fight card directive chat with all referees saying look we dont want something on the ground going nowhere ok, were all about entertaining fights, the crowd dont like seeing clinches on the ground so stand it up quickly if its on the ground. The real meaning is that they know their golden boys best chance is when its standing up and likely road to defeat in the JJ on the ground.
    I would be fairly confident referees at different shows would be informed of the way to ref in certain aspects of the fight.
    The UFC couldnt have this type of instruction influence with athletic state commission judges.

If you want proof of how crooked CW is as a promotion watch the Pimblett vs Erosa fight.

Erosa murdered him and still lost.

Pimblett is the champion,managed by the owner of the promotion who also happen to pick the judges and select judging criteria

Joke shop.

If you want proof of how crooked CW is as a promotion watch the Pimblett vs Erosa fight.

Erosa murdered him and still lost.

Pimblett is the champion,managed by the owner of the promotion who also happen to pick the judges and select judging criteria

Joke shop.

When you put it like that!

• Advertisement

ACB 54: Khalidov vs. Barnatt *Live Streaming 8pm*

Fight Card:

Mamed Khalidovvs. Luke Barnett

Mike Wilkinson vs. Brendan Loughnane

Asambek Saidov vs. Ion Pascu

Saul Rogers vs Aurel Pirtea

Ali Bagov vs. Bubba Jenkins

Amirkhan Adaev vs. Joshua Aveles

Batraz Agnaev vs Max Nunes

Rakhman Dzhanaev vs. Adam Zajac

Danny Mitchell vs. Andrew DeVent[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

ACB 54: Khalidov vs. Barnatt *Live Streaming 8pm*

Fight Card:

Mamed Khalidovvs. Luke Barnett

Mike Wilkinson vs. Brendan Loughnane

Asambek Saidov vs. Ion Pascu

Saul Rogers vs Aurel Pirtea

Ali Bagov vs. Bubba Jenkins

Amirkhan Adaev vs. Joshua Aveles

Batraz Agnaev vs Max Nunes

Rakhman Dzhanaev vs. Adam Zajac

Danny Mitchell vs. Andrew DeVent
    [/quote]

Very enjoyable card so far

Dean Garnett and Robert Whiteford with big performances

SBG fighter Pascu on card aswell

Venue seems pretty empty

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

ACB has some amount of talent signed up now.

Those Eastern Europeans are a tough bunch!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The real meaning is that they know their golden boys best chance is when its standing up and likely road to defeat in the JJ on the ground.
    I wasn't suggesting that the judges/refs are incorruptible and judges each fight on its merits.
    I was pointing out that the way CW employs its judges its no different to how the UFC employs its judges with event in those same countries.

Obviously there's vastly different chances of each promoter actually trying to put the squeeze on judges/refs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Dillon Danis has signed with Bellator and theres a predictably cringe worthy interview with him up on Severemma now. I've been quite vocal about how embarrassing I find James Gallagher and I suppose deep-down I could probably acknowledge that he's a young guy who will naturally idolise his superstar team mate.... There is no such excuse for the absolute cringe machine that is Dillon Danis. The shameless verbatim stealing of McGregors lines is actually tough to watch.

The sad part is Bellator will, like they have with JG, line up absolute bums for Danis to beat and we'll have to suffer him for the next couple of years at least.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Dillon Danis has signed with Bellator and theres a predictably cringe worthy interview with him up on Severemma now. I've been quite vocal about how embarrassing I find James Gallagher and I suppose deep-down I could probably acknowledge that he's a young guy who will naturally idolise his superstar team mate.... There is no such excuse for the absolute cringe machine that is Dillon Danis. The shameless verbatim stealing of McGregors lines is actually tough to watch.

The sad part is Bellator will, like they have with JG, line up absolute bums for Danis to beat and we'll have to suffer him for the next couple of years at least.

They'll put him in with Ralek Gracie and Ralek will probably knock the snot out of him on the feet.

They'll put him in with Ralek Gracie and Ralek will probably knock the snot out of him on the feet.

i'd watch that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

dulux99 wrote: »

Link to interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fedor v mittrone rebooked as the co main

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bader v Davis II supposedly in the works for that same event too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Bader v Davis II supposedly in the works for that same event too.

That would be a big addition. Ariel tweeted that he thinks Gallagher should be on the card too. I could see them completely stacking the event. We could see Danis on it I reckon.

If they play their cards right they could end up selling a lot of PPVs. It looks like they've decided now is the time to challenge the UFC, and even though these are mostly freak match ups, they're doing a good job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lima v Larkin & Chandler v Primus added to 180 also. Some card.

ASOT wrote: »
    Lima v Larkin & Chandler v Primus added to 180 also. Some card.

Larkin rarely in a bad fight, beat Masvidal not so long ago who they are now appear to be pushing, madness to be letting these types go , UFC's forward intent is underwhelming.

Will be tuning into this for sure. Notice UFC FN is the Sunday after this event they aren't going head to head.

Michael Mcdonald who headlined in his last bout the recent mover.

Anyone know what tv station are showing cage kings 82 next weekend ? I really want to watch the paddy pimblett fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

ricero wrote: »
    Anyone know what tv station are showing cage kings 82 next weekend ? I really want to watch the paddy pimblett fight

Cage warriors, and bt or fightpass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Scott Coker just announced this fight for James Gallagher on the MMA Hour at Bellator180!!!!

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/846461801462063105

Great card well done bellator

He's going to get the face kicked off him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Pull out Machida 2 weeks out and find a security guard at macys to step in.

• Advertisement

He's up against a 5-2 40 year old who's fought similar level fighters it not like he's fighting his brother is it?

Advertisement