Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mellor wrote:
    The fact there's a random hipster with similar tattoos and a beard hardly means he actively copied the image from him. Everything he does gets scrutinised.

But have you seen the other guy? It's pretty hilarious down to the tiger stomach tattoo.
    Mellor wrote:
    I think Gallagher gets a bit of a hard time. But if he's out flashing Gucci shoes he should cut that out. Conor is on Gucci money, Gallagher is still on kickers money

Dude, kickers ain't cheap ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Rampage and king mo tonight, rampage looks old and fat expect him to be wrestle****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gamebred wrote: »
    Rampage and king mo tonight, rampage looks old and fat expect him to be wrestle****ed.

He weighed in 41lbs heavier than Mo though...

He weighed in 41lbs heavier than Mo though...

He will probably gas after a round doubt he took this serious, last fight on his contract I believe too he wants out to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rampage taught it was a catchweight, then when he was told it was a HW fight he ate like **** and looks like ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Brave live stream on youtube. Ben Forsyth fighting now, Rd 1.

Forsyth beaten in a round hes absolutely awful one of the most delusional fighters ive ever witnessed too,

Frans Malambo up now great dude excellent movement hope he gets the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭smilerf

Gamebred wrote: »
    Forsyth beaten in a round hes absolutely awful one of the most delusional fighters ive ever witnessed too,

he's getting mangled so far

Holy christ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Rampage turns into Titties ha...

• Advertisement

That silva lad lost to Diego Brandao in 2007. What the he'll weight was that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Ben Forsyth is an amateur IMMAF European Gold Medal Winner. He is a high level fighter, with bags of potential. It didn't work out for him today but it will.

Ben Forsyth is an amateur IMMAF European Gold Medal Winner. He is a high level fighter, with bags of potential. It didn't work out for him today but it will.

He is absolutely muck cannot box eggs, remember him losing about 5 in a row a year or 2 back I understand hes a team mate of yours but hes rubbish, a medal at the rich boy championships means nothing either its about 2 grand to go to them full of bums.

He is absolutely muck cannot box eggs, remember him losing about 5 in a row a year or 2 back I understand hes a team mate of yours but hes rubbish, a medal at the rich boy championships means nothing either its about 2 grand to go to them full of bums.

The Irish Amateur MMA team is open to anyone who can get a place on it. The IMMAF European Championship is the largest amateur MMA tournament in the world.

People make personal sacrifices to compete as a representative on the Irish team as we are not funded like other sports,our athletes fund themselves or find sponsorship. Believe me its not a "rich boy" thing. Its called having a job, a goal and saving. This should be appalled and respected. A gold medal is a huge achievement.

By your rationale winning a European Gold in BJJ would mean nothing to you either as it is just another "Rich Boy" tournament?

The Irish Amateur MMA team is open to anyone who can get a place on it.

Absolutely not true, the selection process is a joke, people winning fights to get onto the team and told they've not enough experience, anyways im going off topic I think Forysth is muck time will tell whose right,

The european bjj open has zero in common with the immafs terrible comparison its 100e to enter them and theres no selection process.

Absolutely not true, the selection process is a joke, people winning fights to get onto the team and told they've not enough experience, anyways im going off topic I think Forysth is muck time will tell whose right,

The european bjj open has zero in common with the immafs terrible comparison its 100e to enter them and theres no selection process.

Were you not selected for the Irish Amateur MMA team?

I competed in 2015 in Birmingham. Not sure where you are getting this 2 grand figure out of. I saved my own money for the flights, hotel and expenses and took annual leave from work. I am certainly not a rich boy and work for every penny I have.

Anyway yes, we are completely off topic for this thread. Wish you best of luck in the future.

Were you not selected for the Irish Amateur MMA team?

I competed in 2015 in Birmingham. Not sure where you are getting this 2 grand figure out of. I saved my own money for the flights, hotel and expenses and took annual leave from work. I am certainly not a rich boy and work for every penny I have.

Anyway yes, we are completely off topic for this thread. Wish you best of luck in the future.

Nope just heard from team mates who have done the ''trials'', they are good experience for any fighter no doubt but the best around arent gonna be at them, some the lads on that Ireland team now out in Bulgaria are very average and lose regularly at home, not much of a pointer to how people will do at pro imo,

Anyways not a great event in Brave today, Frans the only winner from 4 fighters Kavanagh was out cornering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anywhere to watch bellator on TV tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

D.Q wrote: »
    Anywhere to watch bellator on TV tonight

There is never anywhere to watch Bellator on TV :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭The White Feather

dashoonage wrote: »
    There is never anywhere to watch Bellator on TV :(

Did you see Ariel ask Coker about that and Coker didn't seem to know or care that over here it never seems to be live or on TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Did you see Ariel ask Coker about that and Coker didn't seem to know or care that over here it never seems to be live or on TV

Why would he care? Free to air TV market for Bellator in Ireland and the UK going to be very small.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Just seen that Sergei Kharitonov is fighting, it's been a while since I've seen him in action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Why would he care? Free to air TV market for Bellator in Ireland and the UK going to be very small.

How else do they expect to grow their brand if they're not willing to negotiate a tv deal for four countries where MMA is growing massively? There's like 70 million people between us and the UK, that's not a negligible potential market.

Where is it possible to watch Bellator 175 online?

How else do they expect to grow their brand if they're not willing to negotiate a tv deal for four countries where MMA is growing massively? There's like 70 million people between us and the UK, that's not a negligible potential market.

By investing in more modern options like streaming? There's minimal money to be made for Bellator airing on Five or Dave or the like in the middle of the night.

By investing in more modern options like streaming? There's minimal money to be made for Bellator airing on Five or Dave or the like in the middle of the night.

The weird part is that they're owned by viacom who also own spike and channel five in the UK. They could just air it there live instead of whatever ****e repeats they usually air on Friday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, minimal money to be made from MMA in the middle of the night.
    They should just continue to cash in the deaf imsomniacs with that person who does the sign language.

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, minimal money to be made from MMA in the middle of the night.
    They should just continue to cash in the deaf imsomniacs with that person who does the sign language.

I made no comment on the money that's in it for the TV station. I'm sure the advertisers on Five and Dave and Yesterday will be delighted to absorb a massive increase in costs as they seek to reach out to the hundreds of thousands, nay, millions of viewers who'll tune in to see the likes of Rampage enter a pie eating contest disguised as a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Anyone else watching Cage Warriors 82 at the moment?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Dalby eh!. Is he for real!.

Advertisement