Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's up against a 5-2 40 year old who's fought similar level fighters it not like he's fighting his brother is it?

He's up against a world class striker who will kick the face off of him. It's a massive step up in competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

He's up against a world class striker who will kick the face off of him. It's a massive step up in competition.

But that's what we want to see isn't it? See what he can do against a tougher test

But that's what we want to see isn't it? See what he can do against a tougher test

I want to see him get sparked so he can sit the feck down and calm his diddies with the mini-Conor sthick.

I want to see him get sparked so he can sit the feck down and calm his diddies with the mini-Conor sthick.

:pac::D:D

I can understand that but he is a young,Irish prospect! I could never cheer against him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The guy is a moron, sad thing is a loss wont humble him he will get worse and come back with this bollox win or learn stick.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads, listening to Dannis' MMA Hour interview, what a tool.

Gamebred and Marcos......You guys sound like the ultimate cynics!!

Wait until he wins a belt then turn on him at least! :D:D

listening now looking forward to getting to that part of the show, presume he went full troll? cant wait to see shields stockton slap him at the SUG match he will **** himself.

Yeah he said he was the highest paid in Bellator! Coker seemed to almost burst out laughing when Ariel put it to him later!

Coker said they are trying to match him for Bellator180 I think.

Lads with a record of 0-0 or 3-0 against a load of bums talking like they're big names just come across as morons.

Dannis acting like he doesn't know who Neiman Gracie is despite them both being based in NY and in the top two academies in the US, him being a nephew of Renzo, having already fought in WSOF and Bellator.

Dannis has been running away from Renzo's crew for years, no wonder he turned down a fight with one of them.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    listening now looking forward to getting to that part of the show, presume he went full troll? cant wait to see shields stockton slap him at the SUG match he will **** himself.

Dannis vs Shields at SUG?

Any chance it's the "Combat Jiujitsu" rules? I've love to see Shields open palm smack the snot out of him.

Lads with a record of 0-0 or 3-0 against a load of bums talking like they're big names just come across as morons.

Dannis acting like he doesn't know who Neiman Gracie is despite them both being based in NY and in the top two academies in the US, him being a nephew of Renzo, having already fought in WSOF and Bellator.

Dannis has been running away from Renzo's crew for years, no wonder he turned down a fight with one of them.

He was on instagram live one day I asked him why are you ducking tonon? his reply was ''hes not the money fight''

Gob****e Danis wont even have a fight in Bellator unless they can find somebody who cant strike or defend a td,

Yeah its comfirmed today Faber v Miyao on it too, Shields will give him a clatter reguardless wont be the first time he done it.

Dannis vs Shields at SUG?

Any chance it's the "Combat Jiujitsu" rules? I've love to see Shields open palm smack the snot out of him.

You might get your wish on May14th

https://twitter.com/dillondanis/status/846447705635336194

Yeah its comfirmed today Faber v Miyao on it too, Shields will give him a clatter reguardless wont be the first time he done it.

I hope to jaysus it's CJJ rules, Imagine Jake slapping him until he cries. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hope shields gets choked to bits

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Admittedly, I haven't seen many of Chinzo's fights. Seen a bit of him on Joubans training camp videos.
    But I think in situations like that they get too much credit simply for being the brother of a great fighter.
    It's like on TUF where they hype [UFC Figher]'s brother, only for him to lose in the first round.

Machida is getting to the point where he should retire he's 38. Choinzo is his older brother.
    I know he has a similar karate background to Lyoto. How is his jiu jitsu?
    If he's a black belt, James could stuggle to find a area where he is better.

12 time Brazilian full contact karate champion and bjj black belt.

He's got the hands, the feets and the ground game.

He's also got a much longer record than 5-0, he's been fighting mma in brazil for years.

ASOT wrote: »
    Hope shields gets choked to bits

Danis is well more annoying than Shields, sure he threw a coffee but Danis needs humbling so WAR STOCKTON.

Now I am looking forward to that fight more!

If Gallagher wins, will you then say he is a real contender??!!

Now I am looking forward to that fight more!

Not really, Machida isn't exactly a top level MMA fighter. He's a world class Karate fighter and a good BJJ practitioner, beyond that it's hard to say because he hasn't fought any top tier fighters.

• Advertisement

Danis is well more annoying than Shields, sure he threw a coffee but Danis needs humbling so WAR STOCKTON.

Ah no shields is a washer man, met dillion last year before he was full time with mcgregor; absolutelt A1. Shields was a ****.

He was on instagram live one day I asked him why are you ducking tonon? his reply was ''hes not the money fight''
    Hasn't he already fought Tonon?

You just as easily say GAry & Gordon are ducking Danis. Either has only entered the big east coast comps when the other isn't there by the looks of things. just get them all in together FFS.
    It's frustrating that they all consider themselves bigger than a lot of the tourneys. Although, it's ADCC this year, so it might happen.

Mellor wrote: »
    You just as easily say GAry & Gordon are ducking Danis. Either has only entered the big east coast comps when the other isn't there by the looks of things. just get them all in together FFS.

Ryan and Tonon have offered to fight Dannis on EBI or any other major professional format for money and Dannis keeps running and talking **** as he goes.

And Garry took Dillon's knee home with him in 2015.

Hasn't he already fought Tonon?

It's frustrating that they all consider themselves bigger than a lot of the tourneys. Although, it's ADCC this year, so it might happen.

Are you serious? they have been hounding him Danaher had to step in and tell them to stop with the social media calls outs Tonon broke his leg before hence why hes ducking Danahers lads the chap is a moron, the idea of Tonon or Gordon ducking anyone is hilarious too if you followed the grappling scene pair of them compete every week any weight any comp, difference is though they dont pretend their mma fighters like Danis goes on.

He's also got a much longer record than 5-0, he's been fighting mma in brazil for years.

If he's a BJJ black belt then I'd worry for Gallagher. Thought he may have been karate only/mostly.
    Gallagher is at best what, a decent purple belt?

Chinzo's record shows 3 fights in brazil back in 2005, losing 2. He's 5-2 overall.
    Maybe there's other fights not listed.
    Danis is cocky and annoying.
    Shields is whiny and annoying.

The both looked like the good guy vrs AJ Agazam, because AJ's an asshole, everyone looks like a good guy vrs AJ.

If he's a BJJ black belt then I'd worry for Gallagher. Thought he may have been karate only/mostly.
    Gallagher is at best what, a decent purple belt?

I actually can't confirm that he's a BJJ black belt, but there's footage of him rolling in 2012 with his bother and he's wearing a brown belt. So he's at least a brown belt for the last 5 years but AFAIR he's a black belt.

Tonnen getting a hold of your leg is a thing of nightmares..

Ryan and Tonon have offered to fight Dannis on EBI or any other major professional format for money and Dannis keeps running and talking **** as he goes.

And Garry took Dillon's knee home with him in 2015.

Gordon offers to fight everyone. He offer to fight the entire dream team back to back at one point.
    But they are just empty offers if they go no further.
    Same as the endless "I'll give you in MMA" "No. I'll fight you in MMA"

Dilion v Tonon at ADCC 2015 was the time they fought.
    Since then they have both avoided opportunities to face each other. Dillion has competed at Pans Americas, but Gordon wasn't able to enter.
    Garry opted not to compete in certain formats that weren't going to pay him.

I get that they all need to be paid, but I also want to see the best guys face each other.
    Are you serious? they have been hounding him Danaher had to step in and tell them to stop with the social media calls outs Tonon broke his leg before hence why hes ducking Danahers lads the chap is a moron, the idea of Tonon or Gordon ducking anyone is hilarious too if you followed the grappling scene pair of them compete every week any weight any comp, difference is though they dont pretend their mma fighters like Danis goes on.
    LOL, come on, you're actually questioning if I follow grappling?

They were all bangin on about it, but actually avoiding comps where they would face each other. I'm not saying he is afraid to face him. I'm pointing out that they've chosen not to. Like Pans, and stuff like that.
    Gordon congratulated Danis when he won, but added "only because I wasn't there". Which is frustrating as a fan, instead of going on like that maybe try entering. :confused:

Garry has competed very little this year. Not sure what matches you've seen every week. He's goes on about MMA as much as Danis. Two years ago he challenged Ryan Hall after Hall slagged him off over ADCC. Never happened though obviously. Not sure if he'll enter this year, hope he does.
    • Garry gets a pass on social media because his stuff is funny.
    • Dillion gets at least some negative backlash because of the Conor association.
    • Gordon is probably slated a lot more within the BJJ community for the way he goes on than anyone else. The with crown, and the king schtick. (he's way worse the Danis tbh). He until he beat Keenan, everyone said he beat nobody etc. Now he'll be slated if he keeps avoiding big comps for EBI's and the likes.

TL;DR: I genuinely like all the above guys. I just want to see the best guys face the best guys. If any of them fail to enter ADCC, or turn down invites - I'll considered them full of shit.
    Currently only Munch is entered from DDS and MGDT

I actually can't confirm that he's a BJJ black belt, but there's footage of him rolling in 2012 with his bother and he's wearing a brown belt. So he's at least a brown belt for the last 5 years but AFAIR he's a black belt.

A seen a picture of him in a black belt, but wasn't sure if it was karate or BJJ.
    Be interesting to see how this one plays out.
    ASOT wrote: »
    Tonnen getting a hold of your leg is a thing of nightmares..

The danaher leg lock system is impressive. Had the chance to cover a bit of it from Danaher last year and was by far the best few hours of jiu jitsu I've done.
    I think they got a pretty unfair wrap after ADCC2015. I'd love to see them dominate this year.
    2017 is all about the Danaher back system anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus wept.

Advertisement