Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gamebred wrote: »
    Too experienced for him, theyve liined up a security guard from aldi for his next bout.

One if those big fat fellas that you aren't sure how they got the job because they get out of breath just following people around the shop with their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    One if those big fat fellas that you aren't sure how they got the job because they get out of breath just following people around the shop with their eyes.
    To be make 145 he has to also be a dwarf...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

lads is CW not on BT sports tomorrow ? i take it fight pass is going to be the only way to watch it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

dashoonage wrote: »
    lads is CW not on BT sports tomorrow ? i take it fight pass is going to be the only way to watch it ?
    The fights will go live on Eir Sport 2 in Ireland at 9.20pm GMT.

Couple of posts up

Looking forward to see McColgan again. Looked very good against Queally

mmm i dunno if i have eir sports....ill look later. I was with setanta so id say i do.

• Advertisement

mmm i dunno if i have eir sports....ill look later. I was with setanta so id say i do.

Should do if you have bt. Its just the new name for setanta

Just realized there is a Bellator card tonight.
    MARLOES COENEN
    v
    JULIA BUDD

Its a more legit featherweight title fight than the one the UFC just had

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Presume it was tongue in cheek about bellator comment as they love a freak show.

Yes correct

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Is the whole Pro Card live on Eir Sport tonight?

• Advertisement

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Is the whole Pro Card live on Eir Sport tonight?

Main card only.

Anyone know if the prelims are being streamed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Main card only.

Anyone know if the prelims are being streamed?

Just saw someone ask that question to them on twitter and they responded

https://twitter.com/CageWarriors/status/838091876871901185

Shame really. Think it is a missed opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Whats up some gaa show in eir sport2 now?

Who are the commentators on Cage Warriors? They are Irish and I am sorry to say it but are very bad

Fergus Ryan is one of them, pair them smoking something thinking them rounds were close black guy clearly won the first 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Yup, strong Irish bias in the commentary. Disappointing from Joe, he was good offensively but defensively poor in the striking department.

Limerick represented next in the co-main. C'mon Catherine!!

Fergus Ryan is one of them, pair them smoking something thinking them rounds were close black guy clearly won the first 2.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. It's not just that but they seem to sound bored and just not commentating properly. One guy was going "oooooooo" every time McColgan landed. They don't sound professional at all

They remind me of the RDS showjumping commentators.
    Eir obv keen on keeping the corporate clean sound to it.

How cheesey is this fight? 2 pensioners who are muck fighters glad I didnt pay into this.

Disgracrful standup by that Mohedi ref there

• Advertisement

Can't believe that standup there. Outrageous

great main event there for CW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Who are the commentators on Cage Warriors? They are Irish and I am sorry to say it but are very bad
    One was Nicholas Dalby who is not Irish but is a terrible commentator as was the other guy. Bring back John Gooden.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

See Marloes Coenen has retired following her loss tonight. One of the pioneers of pre-Rousey womens MMA for me link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

It was odd, a lot of people in the crowd thought it was pretty close.
    I saw it 2-1 to the french dude
    One of the judges scored it 3-0 the other way

Thought Catherine Costigan was lucky to be on the right side of a close decision. No real robbery but I had the English girl winning it. Albeit a little one dimensional she was more aggressive, landed the hardest punches in stand up and got more take downs with one of them ruined when Mohevadi stood it up terribly. It wasn't until the 3rd rd that Costigan put anything behind her punches and when she did she looked good. Up until then it was just pitter patter taps of punches. She looks like she has definitely more to come but she would probably have to travel to Dublin if she wants to step up her game significantly. The commentators eluded to Costigans underlying back and neck problems so maybe she was fighting injured or at least nowhere near her best and if so more power to her.

After Pimblett was somehow awarded a victory against erosa I seen it as CW protecting their golden hen and lost faith a little in the franchise particularly as the judges seem to be in the employ of cage warriors/affiliates.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

califano wrote: »
    ...particularly as the judges seem to be in the employ of cage warriors/affiliates.

Two of the 3 judges are used by the UFC , and others.

Mellor wrote: »
    Two of the 3 judges are used by the UFC , and others.

So would these judges be athletic commission judges out of the favour of UFC interference like in the US?. If so then ok but UFC controls cage warriors.

So would these judges be athletic commission judges out of the favour of UFC interference like in the US?. If so then ok but UFC controls cage warriors.

chem trails man them ****ing chem trails...911 was an inside job man...an inside job...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

MMA isn't regulated by the UK or Ireland and as such the judges and referees are employed directly by the promotion for the night.

I'm very suspect of it all after watching Julian Erosa murder Pimblett and get a loss from the judges in a CW event recently.

Advertisement