Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    So, what do I need to pack in my volunteer bag ?
    • Baby wipes
    • Phone incorporating stopwatch, camera
    • Some plastic bags
    • Pen and paper
    • Spare clothes :eek:

And keep the rest of us updated! I want to know all the gory details before I get on the plane later :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

I can't believe I just spent 16 minutes of my life watching last years video. Priceless! The sound-effects!

My favourite is the guy who asks if he's allowed to belch :D and the guy who overruns his beerstack and needs to run back.

Best of luck all. I might cycle by to have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ballybrack side. you can park in tesco or seapoint rugby club/cabinteely football club and walk over

Can you leave the car there overnight?

PM I parked it at the back of shrewsbury lawn last year, just off the N11 and with a gate into the park beside the track.
    To the south of the track you can park it in Shanganagh vale; same Idea as above but you walk into the track from the other side.

I'll be leaving a change of clothes in the car and leaving the bag in it overnight if anyone wants to drop something in the car just let em know.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

so when is this about to start, I might come to cheer for you guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

menoscemo wrote: »
    Can you leave the car there overnight?

PM I parked it at the back of shrewsbury lawn last year, just off the N11 and with a gate into the park beside the track.
    To the south of the track you can park it in Shanganagh vale; same Idea as above but you walk into the track from the other side.

you can leave it in tesco overnight for sure. the rugby club car park will get locked though. Shrewsbury lawn is a good idea didnt think of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

For those of you on the bus, there's a short cut into the park. From town, get off the second (I think) stop after Cabinteely village, if you pass the Esso garage on the left you've gone too far.

@53.2559006,-6.1453286,16z

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Have run wind adjusted PBs for both 100 and 200 today. Have finished my small dinner and it's now starvation mode until race time. I'm coming after you f**kers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

June 13th is going to be sweet. Run a 1500m PB, win the Beer Mile and then get hammered. This will be one to tell the grand kids :)

Sticking to sage advice of hard days hard, easy days easy, I might try my first session after the 1500 in the AAI Games tomorrow. Probably 2 X Brooklyn Lager with 30s recovery. Set a baseline to improve on over the next few weeks ;)

One down, two to go :)

One's a dead certainty but I won't say which one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Good luck to the brave participants. I look forward to seeing the video and joining ye next year.
    Kings among men...
    *tear*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dublin bus are some jokers. 17 due at 17.50. There in plenty of time. Then about 5 mins before it's due it disappears off the list. Next one is 43 mins. Feckers. Have to go into town now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

One down, two to go :)

One's a dead certainty but I won't say which one ;)

I'm still cripped here ha. And still feeling like puking. But sure f8ckit suppose I'll head on down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Dont think ive ever been this early for anything!!!! Im so excited about what im about to witness!!!!!

I'm hearing rumours that the Jumping the Gun lads are on their way to Kilbogget Stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Feckin 145. This is going to be tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Good luck everyone - it's only ye're reputations & a year's bragging rights - no pressures ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Best of luck everyone, literally cannot wait to see the video and hear the race reports!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Well that was fun. I need to work on my drinking but I'm happy enough with the running. Well done to everyone for organising the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

One of the lads from jumping the gun won in 5:50, Thirstywork second in 5:51, Dublin runner third in 6:09 from what I've been told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

eldiva wrote: »
    One of the lads from jumping the gun won in 5:50, Thirstywork second in 5:51, Dublin runner third in 6:09 from what I've been told

That's as close as it gets !

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Yeah it was a sprint finish. An irish record too apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Serious times!!! Trr dethroned! Looking forward to official results if the marshals ain't too pissed on prosecco!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Results above are correct.

New national record. Two lads under 6. Results attached.

I'm devo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Ososlo wrote: »
    Serious times!!! Trr dethroned! Looking forward to official results if the marshals ain't too pissed on prosecco!!!

The marshals are fine... Hic

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Look forward to seeing the video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Thank you Steve Magness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thank you Steve Magness.

Magners ;)

TbL

3 minute PB 8:25 for 7th place. I was closing on TRR on the last lap. Delighted and a negative split beer mile. Training pays off guys!! Report tomorrow now to get pissed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

That was class. Yis are pure legends every single one of ye. Can't believe I have to wait another 52 weeks for this...I have withdrawal symptoms already!

Ps. Meno wins best belcher, world class.
    Huge thank you to Bungy Girl, the whole night would have fallen apart without her. Fact.
    Drama Queen award has to go to Adrian ;):p Hope you're ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Group of us in Synnotts. Where is everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Those are amazing times, I'd be lucky to do it in 15 minutes, I'm not much of a drinker.

Advertisement