Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

That looks like an almost permanent indentation in that pillow. Mrs TRR will be glad to get her spot back in the bed when you are dethroned tomorrow evening :D

Four soldiers ready to go to battle

WP_20150612_20_53_42_Pro_zpslpprt8mc.jpg?t=1434054751

That's the spare bedroom and I won't be dethroned by a skinny jean wearing bearded bastard like yourself! Even if I have to kill myself!

By the way are they ginger ale or similar, photo is so small I can hardly see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I just spent nearly 17 Europeans on 6 bottles of Sierra Nevada! Bloody lovely though. I may bring a glass with me tomorrow, and savour them properly. Should do the mile in about a half-hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Had to visit 3 offys before I struck gold with the moosepiss, 9.55 cutting it tight ha. Has to be a step up on Brooklyn tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

davedanon wrote: »
    I just spent nearly 17 Europeans on 6 bottles of Sierra Nevada! Bloody lovely though. I may bring a glass with me tomorrow, and savour them properly. Should do the mile in about a half-hour.

You're better off buying the cheapest most horrible piss available that meets all the requirements (ie Moosehead), as no matter how tasty/expensive/refreshing any beer is, that last one will be disgusting. I used Sierra Nevada last year and felt I had totally wasted a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

My 2 spare moose and a can of bud for good measure down the hatch. Not feeling any more confident of improving on my dire efforts of previous years ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

do we have a twitter hashtag? #boardsbeermile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

That's the spare bedroom and I won't be dethroned by a skinny jean wearing bearded bastard like yourself! Even if I have to kill myself!

By the way are they ginger ale or similar, photo is so small I can hardly see it.

Don't worry TRR, you'll see those cans up close and personal this evening.

There'll be four of them, empty and strewn across the cinder surface as you head off on your final lap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Don't worry TRR, you'll see those cans up close and personal this evening.

There'll be four of them, empty and strewn across the cinder surface as you head off on your final lap. :pac:

Let the fighting talk begin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Are entries for this still open?? I've had a last minute change of plan, and in the spirit of Italia 90 anniversaries I really want to give it a lash

vanderlyle wrote: »
    Are entries for this still open?? I've had a last minute change of plan, and in the spirit of Italia 90 anniversaries I really want to give it a lash

Just turn up on time with your beers ;)
    Looks like a hefty turnout tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Any tracker link ?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Just turn up on time with your beers ;)
    Looks like a hefty turnout tonight :)

Great! No training done so it could be messy but I'm sure I won't be alone :) Now to find some official partner beers.

What's a respectable finishing time? Say, if the beer mile were on the 10 round numbers thread, what would the target time be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Does anyone know if having a raging hangover helps or hinders performance in a Beermile?

Great! No training done so it could be messy but I'm sure I won't be alone :) Now to find some official partner beers.

What's a respectable finishing time? Say, if the beer mile were on the 10 round numbers thread, what would the target time be?

You definitely won't be alone. Make sure the beers are at least 12floz & 5% alcohol.

10 minutes would be a very respectable time. Aim for that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

menoscemo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if having a raging hangover helps or hinders performance in a Beermile?

Hinders for sure last one I did I over trained the night before.

shels4ever wrote: »
    Hinders for sure last one I did I over trained the night before.

Yeah it's probably like running a 50k the day before a marathon, just to make sure you can cover the distance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

It's the big day.

Looks like a perfect day for it. I may have sabotaged my own chances with a hard few days running but I'll die with my runners on tonight!

As Mo Farah says, 'Go hard or go home'.........wait a minute! Ha.

*TRR don't bring that stupid talking bottling opener like you did last year! Laughing, drinking and running is tough!

Yeah it's probably like running a 50k the day before a marathon, just to make sure you can cover the distance :rolleyes:
    Last night I just had two Moosehead over an hour so just like a taper run.
    Only problem for me is I've not run much faster than a 10 minute mile in a few years . But feck it going for 10 minutes tonight , anyone thinking of a short warmup? While the game is on?

shels4ever wrote: »
    Last night I just had two Moosehead over an hour so just like a taper run.
    Only problem for me is I've not run much faster than a 10 minute mile in a few years . But feck it going for 10 minutes tonight , anyone thinking of a short warmup? While the game is on?

Are you planning on going for a run while the match is on?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    You definitely won't be alone. Make sure the beers are at least 12floz & 5% alcohol.

10 minutes would be a very respectable time. Aim for that ;)

4x 60 seconds per beer with 4x 90 seconds per lap... How hard can it be? :) I may regret saying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

So, what do I need to pack in my volunteer bag ?
    • Baby wipes
    • Phone incorporating stopwatch, camera
    • Some plastic bags
    • Pen and paper
    • Spare clothes :eek:

You're about to find out either way!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    So, what do I need to pack in my volunteer bag ?
    • Baby wipes
    • Phone incorporating stopwatch, camera
    • Some plastic bags
    • Pen and paper
    • Spare clothes :eek:

Prosecco and/or 4 Moosehead.

Are you planning on going for a run while the match is on?
    Yes that's exactly what I mean . ;)
    I couldn't manage a 90 minute run now.

4x 60 seconds per beer with 4x 90 seconds per lap... How hard can it be? :) I may regret saying that.
    I like your pacing my plan is 20 second beers and about 130 laps 😄. You should pass me about 4 times if it goes to plan.

It's the big day.

Looks like a perfect day for it. I may have sabotaged my own chances with a hard few days running but I'll die with my runners on tonight!

As Mo Farah says, 'Go hard or go home'.........wait a minute! Ha.

*TRR don't bring that stupid talking bottling opener like you did last year! Laughing, drinking and running is tough!

While we are on the subject of Mo. Every competitor should expect to have their booze checked before the start to ensure no cheating or tampering with bottles/cans has accrued.

I think you just may :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Hope ye all have a blast!

I'd love to have done this but I'm off the booze and injured.

Might try and start up the MMM (medical marijuana mile :))

Enjoy it and post plenty of pics.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Driving wise - are you better off heading for the ballybrack or cabinteely side of the park ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Driving wise - are you better off heading for the ballybrack or cabinteely side of the park ?

ballybrack side. you can park in tesco or seapoint rugby club/cabinteely football club and walk over

Advertisement