Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Chivito550 wrote:
    Group of us in Synnotts. Where is everyone?

Am diverting to the Hairy Lemon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    That was class. Yis are pure legends every single one of ye. Can't believe I have to wait another 52 weeks for this...I have withdrawal symptoms already!

Ps. Meno wins best belcher, world class.
    Huge thank you to Bungy Girl, the whole night would have fallen apart without her. Fact.
    Drama Queen award has to go to Adrian ;):p Hope you're ok!

Ha ha, thank you very much. Sub 10 and 5 stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

aquinn wrote: »

Looking forward to it Aquinn :)

THL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

THL

You pissed? Famous signature incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

adrian522 wrote: »

No way?! Ouchers...alcohol will make it better ;) But sub 10....who needs a sub 3:30 sober-feckin-marathon eh?! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah ThL ;) ... Or tHL :confused:

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Those are amazing times, I'd be lucky to do it in 15 minutes, I'm not much of a drinker.

You got 51 weeks and 6 days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

All on sinnotts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Fook it, this is the event I should have been doing today :D:D

Well done all, looking forward to the vid, pics, excuses :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

adrian522 wrote: »

What happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭williestroker1

Well done lads, lets all celebrate binge drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Beer Podium IMG_4955.jpg

A few more pics:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B03G4TcsmGKCcnm

Well done all. Impressive performances. Was hoping to capture some puking but narry a drop that I could see.

Kudos!

Almost a photo finish. It came down to this in the end:

IMG_4922.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Think he was just hoping for company ;)

Reckon that trophy looked way bigger in TRR's picture yesterday - you sure you didn't just hand back a little replica & keep the real thing ???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

A very poor performance tonight from me. 10:36, a massive 2:09 slower than my PB, and 1 and a half minutes slower than ever before. Struggled from the beginning, today's racing in Leixlip taking more out of me than I thought. Struggled to get those beers down and was reduced to an ultra marathon shuffle (not even a jog) by the end. Back to the drawing board. The post mortem will begin tomorrow and the race report will analyse what went wrong. Savage event, great numbers, and some amount of craic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

9:47 for me. Was not expecting that at all. :) Hannibal Smith brought a novelty skirt and Dr Q had the arsenal jersey for me to wear. Bastards.

Very happy with that. Very drunk too.

9:47 for me. Was not expecting that at all. :) Hannibal Smith brought a novelty skirt and Dr Q had the arsenal jersey for me to wear. Bastards.

Very happy with that. Very drunk too.

Picture ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Feeling ropey and have a dirty training session in an hour. Not sure why I do this to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Congratulations to all of the brave intrepid warriors who faced the grit, the bubbles and the froth. Sétanta's video highlights package from the event, raw and unedited available here. I have the awards ceremony too, so if none of the participants object, I'll post that later today.

Someone left a blue Adidas tracksuit bottom behind. Was in a Dunnes Stores bag. We took home with us so if it's yours give us a shout.

Turned up to the beer mile last night and got met with a very happy Hannibal Smith handing me a comedy skirt to wear and an equally happy Dr Q with a special Arsenal jersey which he took great delight in making me wear with an added bonus of it mocking the Irish as a nation as it had a tribute to Thierry Henry on the back. :mad: Still - it saved the blushes of everyone that no Mankini was involved so happyish days all round.

Zero training done for this. Drank one brooklyn and two mooseheads over the last week to pick a beer I could drink taste wise. Skulled some diet coke too on Friday but that was it. I've a goal race this Thursday so kept the focus on that.

Beer miles are a great leveler. I went into this genuinely expecting to be at the very back of the field. Lined up at the back and cracked open the first beer. Went down ok. The leaders had downed theirs and were off before I was a quarter of the way through mine. WTF ! Lashed into mine anyway and took off surprisingly with half the field still drinking their beers. Gave it socks for the first 300m and was also surprised that nobody passed me out in the run. This was great ! My plan had been all along to ease off for the last 100m to come in not too out of breath and ready to down the next beer.

This worked quite well for beer 2. First half went down quite well but then a rogue belch from nowhere hit me and I nearly spewed. Slow down slow down - how embarrassing to spew on beer 2 ! Lap 2 went ok. Managed to get great symmetry and was doing a little belch every 4 steps. Feeling ok and running well.

Beer 3 is where it started to go a bit wrong. Longest beer here for sure and the closest I got to a penalty lap for sure. That said everyone around me seemed to be in the same boat bar the top 3 lads who were flying around like machines. Got a couple of places here on this lap. Chivito was at a near stand still God help him at that stage and went past him here. Like I said beer miles are a great leveler - passing him out on a track isn't on the normal agenda at all !

Got lapped by Thirstywork2 at this stage on his way to second place. No great shame in that :) Arrived into beer 4 with the trusted slow down strategy continuing to work well. 4th beer wasn't quite as bad as 3. Adrian522 took off ahead of me and I downed the last of my beer and decided to focus on him. Caught him half way round (didn't realise he was after injuring his hand at the time) and went past him. Was expecting him to come back at me as we hit the final bend. The last 150m were the only parts of the run that were beer mile uncomfortable. Was balancing out running flat out for a decent time / holding off Adrian with not puking all over the place too.

Dug in and crossed the finish in 9:47. PB over 400m too mid beer mile debut isn't too shabby :D Really happy with that.

The Arsenal jersey came off immediately but kept it close by in case of after event puking as it would have made a great towel. :pac:

The evidence ...

7zCxs2.jpg

4Pinfk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Fair play Muler!!! No way would i be able to do a race report this morning :pac:

I feel like a kid on Stephens Day...cant believe its all over...but the best craic with a crackin bunch. Will never get over the regret of not doing it.

The winning sprint was magic to watch!!!

Fair play Muler!!! No way would i be able to do a race report this morning :pac:

I feel like a kid on Stephens Day...cant believe its all over...but the best craic with a crackin bunch. Will never get over the regret of not doing it.

The winning sprint was magic to watch!!!

Trying to focus the mind on anything but the hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I'm a little disappointed nobody spewed tbh :):)

Any shenanigans in the pubs afterwards or anyone doing something they shouldn't?? C'mon, there's bound to be some dirty little secret someone is trying to hide :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

69 second last lap! WTF?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Morning all. That was a great event/night. I'm sorry I had to duck out a little early, but I had a case of authentic brain-freeze, I believe, which as you know can be fatal. MY beers were far too cold, and after the second one I got a splitting headache that just wouldn't go away all evening, so I was home asleep on the couch before 1am. I'll be back next year and better prepared though.

martyboy48 wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed nobody spewed tbh :):)

Any shenanigans in the pubs afterwards or anyone doing something they shouldn't?? C'mon, there's bound to be some dirty little secret someone is trying to hide :pac::pac:

I fell backwards off a ledge and landed on my tailbone if that counts. Other than that no dirty secrets to be told. Everyone very well behaved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

If anyone lost an MP3 player yesterday evening send me a PM.

Advertisement