Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Any word on Jack Conan's recovery from the foot injury or has he fallen off the radar altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

i reckon it could be sexton madigan and teo 10 12 13 next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

.ak wrote: »
    I'm presuming we're gonna flog T'eo to death for the rest of the season so as this is the last meaningless game I reckon he'll be rested

He might be getting a compulsory rest anyway if he's cited...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Any word on Jack Conan's recovery from the foot injury or has he fallen off the radar altogether?

Few weeks off with that injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hearing Marty Moore has rejected a pretty poor offer from the IRFU and has, in principle, accepted an offer from Wasps. He hasn't signed it yet as he's hoping the IRFU will come back with a better offer........it's the Sexton situation all over again. Money isn't even the biggest factor I believe, all they're offering him is a 2 year deal. A 3 year deal and he would likely stay.

• Advertisement

S12b wrote: »
    Hearing Marty Moore has rejected a pretty poor offer from the IRFU and has, in principle, accepted an offer from Wasps. He hasn't signed it yet as he's hoping the IRFU will come back with a better offer........it's the Sexton situation all over again. Money isn't even the biggest factor I believe, all they're offering him is a 2 year deal. A 3 year deal and he would likely stay.

On the one hand he has a poor injury profile. On the other hand he is a tight head and we just don't produce international standard tightheads with enough regularity not to be making special exceptions.

I am tending not to believe anything on this until something official comes out. If there is a rumour of a signing, and within a couple of business days it's not made official then I lean towards fishing.

If the above however is completely true and we loose Moore, Nucifora should be shown the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

On the one hand he has a poor injury profile.

There may be something on the injury front we don't know about. It seems very strange that we wouldn't want to tie up a player like Moore without very good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

On the one hand he has a poor injury profile. On the other hand he is a tight head and we just don't produce international standard tightheads with enough regularity not to be making special exceptions.

I am tending not to believe anything on this until something official comes out. If there is a rumour of a signing, and within a couple of business days it's not made official then I lean towards fishing.

If the above however is completely true and we loose Moore, Nucifora should be shown the door.

There's definitely something in it. I would hope however the IRFU can step in and stop it before it's too late because it would be a disaster to lose a young tighthead

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I can't imagine that the IRFU are making the same mistake all over again. There must be more to all of this. Well either that or a whole lot less.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I can't imagine that the IRFU are making the same mistake all over again. There must be more to all of this. Well either that or a whole lot less.

Yeah, it wouldn't be like the IRFU to make the same mistake repeatedly.

After they signed EOS to that contract before the 2007 World Cup they... Oh wait they did do the same thing again with Kidney. But at least they... eh.... http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/34968.php

• Advertisement

After they signed EOS to that contract before the 2007 World Cup they... Oh wait they did do the same thing again with Kidney. But at least they... eh.... http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/34968.php

Yeah, I've got nothing..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

This annoys me, why are we two years out of sync with the rest of the world? And then we wonder why we dont peak at WC's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Fitzgerald back training today so hopefully he's fit for the weekend. Triggs training too.

Bib theory would suggest Cian Kelleher will play this weekend. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

That came directly from Moore's mouth, the IRFU are essentially forcing him to go. Oh and Nucifora is currently on holidays in Australia so all negotiations have ground to a halt until he's back. Apparently they're a nightmare to negotiate with.....very convoluted and awkward process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Fitzgerald back training today so hopefully he's fit for the weekend. Triggs training too.

Bib theory would suggest Cian Kelleher will play this weekend. Hmmm.

Bib theory suggests a much stronger team, J McGrath, Cronin, Furlong is sitting out so probably Moore, Heaslip, Murphy, Fitzgerald. SOB and Reddan doing media usually suggests they're playing too. I would prefer to see L McGrath but I suppose if we have the depth we might as well use it

I really like the idea of a player like Kelleher being thrown in an otherwise strong team, it gives them a much better chance to shine than in the complete B sides theyd normally be involved with

So Marty isn't going now apparently but Leinster may have to buy him out of his contract.....

http://www.the42.ie/marty-moore-leinster-wasps-u-turn-2557253-Jan2016/

So Marty isn't going now apparently but Leinster may have to buy him out of his contract.....

Yeah there is an awful lot of WTF in there.

Hope we don't need to wait for a biography to find out what nonsense went on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If this is true there is a major f**k up somewhere in the IRFU or Leinster. From what I read it was the IRFU that was only offering a 2 year contract so that would suggest it was IRFU issue

Am I correct after the Sexton issue that if IRFU are negotiating contract that Leinster cannot get involved and it is left to IRFU. This is what was printed at the time of Sexton move....

I would guess he wants a 3 year contract because of the position he plays and the wear & tear that position has on the body. He has a bit of a run of injuries so a 3 year contract gives him some assurance which anyone would do in his position.

See I am actually willing to side with the IRFU and Leinster on this. In some ways you have to earn the right to go abroad. (at least in the eyes of the fans).

Moore was the person who requested the 1 year contracts he got. He got bumped out of an academy contract early by Leinster and has been well looked after by Leinster. He's become first choice at Leinster, which shows the domestic coach rate him higher than the national coach. Which part of his Leinster career hasn't been perfect from a player team point of view?

This is unlike Madigan for example, who got held on a pretty crap contract for a long time, has almost never been first choice and still did his time at the province.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Fell of the radar and broke it again.

So based on the Ireland squad and current injuries what do people think we'll be looking at for the Dragons game next week? Something like this maybe?

Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Denton
    Ryan Murphy Leavy

McGrath Marsh
    Te'o Ringrose
    Nacewa Kirchner McFadden

Byrne, Loughman, RBF, Beirne, Ryan, McCarthy, Byrne, Reid

The forwards on the bench look pretty callow, unless Joe decides to release one or two from Ireland camp. But it's a decent looking back line too. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see Reid-Te'o with Ringrose on the bench either.

So based on the Ireland squad and current injuries what do people think we'll be looking at for the Dragons game next week? Something like this maybe?

Dooley Tracy Bent
    Molony Denton
    Ryan Murphy Leavy

McGrath Marsh
    Te'o Ringrose
    Nacewa Kirchner McFadden

Byrne, Loughman, RBF, Beirne, Ryan, McCarthy, Byrne, Reid

The forwards on the bench look pretty callow, unless Joe decides to release one or two from Ireland camp. But it's a decent looking back line too. Wouldn't be overly surprised to see Reid-Te'o with Ringrose on the bench either.

We should surely expect some players to be released from the 40 man squad for game time. Could see Healy or Ross perhaps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Agreed, I'd expect to see our bench bolstered by those Leinster players not making 23 man squad (unless Joe has specific injury concerns for 23).

errlloyd wrote: »
    We should surely expect some players to be released from the 40 man squad for game time. Could see Healy or Ross perhaps too.
    Sangre wrote: »
    Agreed, I'd expect to see our bench bolstered by those Leinster players not making 23 man squad (unless Joe has specific injury concerns for 23).

I wouldn't count on Healy or Ross being fit in time for it. And seeing as it's the first week of Ireland camp I'm not sure I can see Joe releasing anyone at that stage. Obviously I could be wrong, I mean just look at what I was saying last week.

Guys like Healy who are out of the Ireland squad because they lack fitness will probably play every game they can for Leinster in Feburary

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Even a year ago it would have been inconceivable to have Healy available for Leinster during a 6N.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Even a year ago it would have been inconceivable to have Healy available for Leinster during a 6N.

I wonder would Healy have made the Irish squad if he hadn't had the surgery. His form's been poor all season. Schmidt may have been glad to have the decision taken out of his hands.

Leinster 'A' team to play Rotherham:

15. Billy Dardis
    14. Cian Kelleher
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Harrison Brewer
    11. Mick McGrath
    10. Steve Crosbie
    9. Nick McCarthy
    1. Jeremy Loughman
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Oisin Heffernan
    4. David O'Connor
    5. James Ryan
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Peadar Timmins CAPTAIN

Replacements

16. Aaron Dundon
    17. Andrew Porter
    18. Will Connors
    19. Tony Ryan
    20. Charlie Rock
    21. Joey Carbery
    22. Darragh Fanning

Interesting to see Crosbie at 10, might indicate Marsh getting a run with the seniors?

• Advertisement

Leinster 'A' team to play Rotherham:

15. Billy Dardis
    14. Cian Kelleher
    13. Rory O'Loughlin
    12. Harrison Brewer
    11. Mick McGrath
    10. Steve Crosbie
    9. Nick McCarthy
    1. Jeremy Loughman
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Oisin Heffernan
    4. David O'Connor
    5. James Ryan
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Peadar Timmins CAPTAIN

Replacements

16. Aaron Dundon
    17. Andrew Porter
    18. Will Connors
    19. Tony Ryan
    20. Charlie Rock
    21. Joey Carbery
    22. Darragh Fanning

Interesting to see Crosbie at 10, might indicate Marsh getting a run with the seniors?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement